USFS host city discussion | Page 4 | Golden Skate

USFS host city discussion

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
A lot will depend on what the LOC negotiates for fans. In St. Paul the hotels for fans were $30 to $60 more per night than their usual charge (plus tax of roughly 14%). !

You never know....Boston gave us a deep deal but it can go the other way......I have a tick on my calander to try and get into one of the inexpensive hotels when the rooms open up for mere mortals.....all I can do is try.....they are within five blocks so no shuttle is needed.

Chris

ice coverage

Record Breaker
... When I go to the airport website ground transportation, am I missing the super shuttle?
http://www.flykci.com/getting-to-from/ground-transportation/shuttle-services/
When I go to the wonderful IMHO SuperShuttle website, they indeed show that Kansas city airport is one of their strongholds and you can get a round trip for $18 to downtown KC....most reasonable

Hi, Chris :).
SuperShuttle is listed at the link in your post.
The very last entry on the page is for VIP Transportation Services.
SuperShuttle is right above the very last entry.

Last edited:

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Hi, Chris :).
SuperShuttle is listed at the link in your post.
The very last entry on the page is for VIP Transportation Services.
SuperShuttle is right above the very last entry.

OK, what would I do without YOU too! I would have never thought to look under VIP transportation! ;)

MFarone

Final Flight
Country
United-States
I used the Super Shuttle website and it looks to me like it is $18 each way for airport to hotel and then hotel to airport. I tried putting in a couple of different hotels and it was still $18 each way. $36 plus tip is still reasonable IMO and a lot better than a taxi which would probably be at least $50 each way. Not sure where you are seeing $18 for the round trip?

OK, I am having a senior moment (again) . What would I do without you? When I go to the airport website ground transportation, am I missing the super shuttle?
http://www.flykci.com/getting-to-from/ground-transportation/shuttle-services/
When I go to the wonderful IMHO SuperShuttle website, they indeed show that Kansas city airport is one of their strongholds and you can get a round trip for $18 to downtown KC....most reasonable

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I have no issues with USFS for Picking KC....have to check it out...maybe tomarrow.....I was alittle hard on them for announcing ticket sales will start Tuesday , Jan 19th, 10 am when us donating fans will all be in the Xcel Arena in St Paul watching the competition. Lets see, leave the arena, go back to hotel, get a secure computer and either download and print out a form and fax /mail it back or get on a website and buy a ticket for KC. Then head back to the arena....so what if we miss the novice free dance and junior dance practice? Hey USFS...big clue...you want bigger donations from us? Run these ideas by us first and give us pick of the litter 3 days in advance of releasing tickets to the public date....dont make us do a fire drill during a major event.....

They used to have booths for the upcoming nationals events complete with ordering your all event tickets... I seem to recall seeing them in 2005 and 06... dang it's been a while since I've been... hoping KC is an option.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
They used to have booths for the upcoming nationals events complete with ordering your all event tickets... I seem to recall seeing them in 2005 and 06... dang it's been a while since I've been... hoping KC is an option.

I have seen this also, but AFTER the sales of tickets have been on the market for awhile....case in point....Farin with the Greensboro Hill Carrow group had a laptop at events before Greensboro 2011, selling tickets AND (wait for it) switching seats for those with assignments already..... But Like I said, nothin' gonna beat ticket sales like they did for Omaha. Us USFS doner members got a bit of advanced ability to purchase tickets. Go to the website, put in the secret squirrel code, click on the seat you wanted and buy it. Boom! Done. Having folk at St Paul with laptops selling tickets at 10 am Tuesday would be fine except that there would be long lines of people asking all sorts of questions before buying or not buying tickets while the show goes on....I say open up the ticket sales a week before....if you dont know the layout of the arena...fine....have us mail/fax in the forms with our requests....and put on time stamps on every request...I can live with that although it is soooooo 20th century....but dont make us miss an event we paid for on Tuesday to do a fire drill at the hotel.....

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
I used the Super Shuttle website and it looks to me like it is $18 each way for airport to hotel and then hotel to airport. I tried putting in a couple of different hotels and it was still $18 each way. $36 plus tip is still reasonable IMO and a lot better than a taxi which would probably be at least $50 each way. Not sure where you are seeing $18 for the round trip?

I probably just had a case of fumble fingers/brain rot, thinking I was clicking on "round trip" and really clicking on one way.....but either way, yes, the price is fair for a 20 mile ride....I like Supershuttle.....

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
do you have a smart phone? you should be able to order online while at the event that way?

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
do you have a smart phone? you should be able to order online while at the event that way?

Wouldnt that be nice, Toni? Well, I do have a 3G phone, but many times they want you to print out a form, then fax or mail it in. In the rare cases where you could do it with a smart phone, (I can only recall Omaha) I am not sure my old fingers could put in all those numbers but it might be an option, finding a quiet place, laying the phone and Credit card down, and punching in the numbers while pinching and spreading to find a seat....I would probably go back to my hotel 3 blocks away and do it on my laptop....I expect to hear back from the USFS early in the year on what they intend to do about ticket signup at nats.....
Chris with 14 inches of snow on the ground and seven thousand homes without power in Spokane County due to falling snow covered trees...

mrrice

Record Breaker
Has a city been chosen? If not, I'd like to add Buffalo New York to the list. They have great facilities and it's close to Canada and everyone loves Niagra Falls.