Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: It's Official, Jenny Kirk chooses Frank Carroll

Medalist
    I confess that I have a soft spot for Jenny and hope that she does well.
    That said, I think she really needs to find a coach that she can "settle in" with this season. It's the year before the Olympics, and I think she needs to find a coach who will give her what she needs *this* year. Best of luck to her, at any rate.

Keeper of Michelle's Nose berthes ghost's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by show 42
    Berthe.........I think you've read enough of my posts in the past to know that I don't "dig" at skaters, especially if they're trying to improve on the natural talents that they already have. I was thinking more of Frank and his attempts to make Linda F. and Chris B. and others into skaters that have it all, grace, athletic ability, and public charisma. It seems lately that all roads lead to "Frank", not a bad thing by any means. I only have good thoughts for Jenny.............42
    True, which is why I didn't think you were having a "dig". It's just that you said that Lori was opposite of "chicago" in style, and I think it's very much her style. You didn't actually answer my question.

I keep on fallin' for Kwan
    Quote Originally Posted by IDLERACER
    [CENTER]"Kirk made the move from Detroit, Mich., to Hermosa Beach, Calif., earlier in the week."[/CENTER]

[CENTER]How 'bout that? Jenny and Michelle are now neighbors. Hermosa Beach is right next to Manhattan Beach.[/CENTER]
    She's also neighbors with Amber Corwin since she also lives in Hermosa.

[CENTER]Yup. Everyone wants to be near Frank's rink[/CENTER]

No problem, Berthe........but I think it was Doris who made the "Chicago" comment.........42

Keeper of Michelle's Nose berthes ghost's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by show 42
    No problem, Berthe........but I think it was Doris who made the "Chicago" comment.........42
    I got all my posts muddled up.

SkateFan4Life
    This is wonderful news! Frank Carroll is one of the best figure skating coaches out there, and he has a long, long track record of coaching skaters to World and Olympic medals. Jenny Kirk is a perky skater with a lot of pizazz, and she has wonderful jumps and spins, I hope she and Frank work well together, and that their efforts will result in more US World team berths and, hopefully, World and Olympic medals. Go, Jenny!

Custom Title
    Our little beauty Jennifer Kirk is going to Frank Carroll? Wonderful news!! Some credit him for producing the two best figure skaters the world has ever seen: Janet Lynn and Michelle Kwan. What good company Jenny will be keeping.
    I was secretly hoping Sarah would go to him though.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Fossi
    Some credit him for producing the two best figure skaters the world has ever seen: Janet Lynn and Michelle Kwan.
    When did Frank Carroll coach Janet Lynn? Slavka Kohout was Janet's long-time coach.

Herm (sk8ngnutt)

Tripping on the Podium

I really hope this works out, When Jenny first burst out onto the scene I expected nothing short of championship contender, she just lacks the consistency she once had. I think this could be excellent for her.....

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by hrmsk8ngnutt
    When did Frank Carroll coach Janet Lynn? Slavka Kohout was Janet's long-time coach.

Herm (sk8ngnutt)
    I don't think Frank Carroll coached Janet Lynn, but didn't he coach Linda Fratianne?

Quote Originally Posted by Sk8harvest
    I don't think Frank Carroll coached Janet Lynn, but didn't he coach Linda Fratianne?
    yes he coached Linda

Yup, he worked with Fratianne. Also with Tiffant Chin.

Quote Originally Posted by berthes ghost
    How so?

Although Jenny's Chicago SP was a lot of fun, it wasn't very "chicago" IMHO. Much more Thouroughly Modern Milly, bordering on being too cute. If I had to pick anyone else's programs who it reminded me of, I'd have to go with S&P's Jalouse and Love Story, both nice fun programs that bordered on being too cute.
    Love Story was the bomb

and Lori had help with the Jalouse Choreography... Kurt Browning helped out with the footwork and expression if memory serves me correctly. You could really see the Kurt touch, especially in David's manner and facial expression, while very much David you could see the Kurt humor as well....

Custom Title
    I have always heard comparisons between Michelle Kwan and Janet Lynn. I just figured that Frank Carroll must have coached them both and that's why they're mentioned together.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast