Anyone Going to See the New Star Wars Movie | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Anyone Going to See the New Star Wars Movie

Rissa

Record Breaker
^^
Lol, good point. As a long-time fanfic reader I'm familiar with a Mary Sue but I've been able to avoid ine for years so I kinda missed the signs. Spoiler ->I did find myself rolling my eyes a bit when she Obi-Wan Kenobied the storm troopers. She does have a good background expkaining her mechanical and piloting skills, her insta mastery of the Force and lightsaber is a bit ridiculous, though.

Last edited:

TMC

Record Breaker
We've just been to see it again, this time in 3D. Gonna go again soon. I just loved loved loved it :clap:

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Hopefully some time next week, during the off hours when the lines are not an issue!

HanDomi

Record Breaker
I just have to add that Finn character was completely pointless in this movie. He acted not bad for it, but overall Finn character didn't bring anything to this movie

And I hope that Snoke is Darth Plagueis :biggrin:

Naya

On the Ice
And of course as a Luke fan, I could never think of her as more interesting than Luke, but I'm not exactly claiming objectivity here. :love:[/QUOTE]

Naya

On the Ice
[/COLOR]
And of course as a Luke fan, I could never think of her as more interesting than Luke, but I'm not exactly claiming objectivity here. :love:[/QUOTE]

I'm a Luke fan too. I like how he comes as an ordinary and kind person in the first trilogy. Mark Hamill boyish looking helps a lot, of course. Something that bothers me about the recent SW movies is how the jedis are super skilled from the very beginning - Anakin was a fighter pilot and engineer at the age of 10 (?) and the same goes to Rey. Jedis gained a lot of reputation since the 70's :laugh:

Last edited:

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
Something that bothers me about the recent SW movies is how the jedis are super skilled from the very beginning
Right. Exactly what is the point of Luke now? *sigh* Rey doesn't seem to need any training; she was doing just fine by herself, almost magically learning everything Jedi within the space of a few days. :noshake:

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Haven't read through this thread, as I haven't seen the film yet and don't want any spoilers.

BUT, I was looking at somebody's Facebook profile there now, and I clicked on a video they posted a couple of weeks ago, and it turned out to be a fight sequence from the film. And it looks very exciting!

https://www.facebook.com/Elene.Gedevanishvili/posts/10153877225159903

Enjoy! :biggrin:

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

heyang

Record Breaker
Right. Exactly what is the point of Luke now? *sigh* Rey doesn't seem to need any training; she was doing just fine by herself, almost magically learning everything Jedi within the space of a few days. :noshake:

Of course she does. She may have strong instincts, but that doesn't translate into being a master of her Force.

There's lot of theories on Luke's role in the future episodes.