A Couple Of Things I Don't Understand | Golden Skate

A Couple Of Things I Don't Understand

IDLERACER

Medalist
What is the difference between Guided Mode and Enhanced Mode? Both settings appear to get pretty much the same results. For that matter, what is the clickable Thread/Thread Starter thing in the upper left hand corner ë

I'm always a bit confused by webpages that are filled with buttons and icons that don't seem to serve any purpose.

The difference between Guided Mode and Enhanced Mode is that Enhanced Mode works in the intuitively obvious way, while Guided Mode is stupid. With guided mode you either have to have your whole post worked out in advance, where you are going to put all the Bolds, Sizes, etc., or else you have to do a bunch of trial and error cutting and pasting.

But if you just put it in Enhanced Mode, all the buttons work in the way and in the order that they ought to. I don't know why Guided Mode is even on the vBoard set-up.

Thread lists all the threads in the folder in alphabetical order by title (in case you want to find a particular thread.) Thread starter lists the threads in alphabetical order by the login name of the person who started it. (The forum default is to list threads in reverse chronological order of most recent post.)

Mathman