View Poll Results: who has the best oultfits?

Voters
99. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tatiana Navka & Roman Kostomarov

6 6.06%
  • Tanith Belbin & Ben Agosto

12 12.12%
  • Sasha Cohen

15 15.15%
  • Michelle Kwan

31 31.31%
  • Alexei Yagudin

16 16.16%
  • Evgeni Plushenko

5 5.05%
  • Elena Bechke & Denis Petrov

0 0%
  • Xue Shen & Hongbo Zhao

12 12.12%
  • other

19 19.19%
  • I love everyones oultfit

4 4.04%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: best oultfits

Hybrid View

Custom Title

best oultfits

Witch ice skater has the best oultfits?

I wanted to vote for Fumie Suguri!

But Shen/Zhao are usually well turned out!

k.

Keeper of Michelle's Nose berthes ghost's Avatar
    I thought that Nancy and Lulu had great costumes.

In my heart, I'm actually Canadian....
    I like Shen & Zhao's outfits, too; colorful without searing the retinas and no instances of 15 pounds of weird things hanging off them, and nothing they've worn (so far, anyway) goes into the Ripped Look zone. Some of their outfits over the years have been very different, but in a good way.

I cannot think of one single Russian skater I would EVER vote for in the "best dressed" category. And don't even get me started on the Ukrainians, who, year after year, I think are far and away the Worst Dressed of anyone (tho Elena Liashenko is an exception; she usually manages to show up without looking like a parade float or Christmas tree).

Overall, Nicole Bobek had really pretty costumes most of the time. I also really like Jenny's lacy costume and Michelle's coral costume.

Keeper of Michelle's Nose berthes ghost's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JonnyCoop
    I cannot think of one single Russian skater I would EVER vote for in the "best dressed" category.
    I really like some of the things Maria used to wear. Other than her, ITA.

Jenny, B/A, Jamie and David are always dressed perfectly out on the ice, KURT BROWNING(Brickhouse alone is enough to get him #1 in my book! )

and so many others...

In my heart, I'm actually Canadian....
    Quote Originally Posted by berthes ghost
    I really like some of the things Maria used to wear. Other than her, ITA.
    Now that you mention it -- yes, Maria usually had some very classy looking outfits. But as to the rest --

Michelle Kwan ...classic elegance. Jenny Kirk always looks good as does Angela since her transformation.

forgot to say that Nicole Bobek is always dressed nicely...

and ITA about Angela's transformation!!!

Jef Billings is the master!

Custom Title
    Now that you mention it -- yes, Maria usually had some very classy looking outfits. But as to the rest --
    I also like Katia's outfits.
    Anyhow I think Sasha's are the best. MK comes in close second (02 Shez was gorgeous!) after that maybe Jenny Kirk. (lol sorry they are all american).

Custom Title
    I think that Shen & Zhao mostly have great looking costumes and they fit the programme also. Most elegant is Michelle Kwan, but for years I have not been able to see any connection between her music and the costume. I really like most Katia Gordeeva´s costumes.

About male skaters outside the list, in my opinion those skaters that are truly good-looking, look good almost in anything. And generally speaking, those male skaters that aren´t, even the best looking costume will not change their face. If one though has an elegant body type (tall enough with long arms and legs), that helps a lot.

Ice dance costumes I find mostly really awful.

Marjaana
    Last edited by Jaana; 08-03-2004 at 01:55 AM.

On the Ice
    I like Shen & Zhao's outfits, too; colorful without searing the retinas and no instances of 15 pounds of weird things hanging off them, and nothing they've worn (so far, anyway) goes into the Ripped Look zone. Some of their outfits over the years have been very different, but in a good way.

I cannot think of one single Russian skater I would EVER vote for in the "best dressed" category. And don't even get me started on the Ukrainians, who, year after year, I think are far and away the Worst Dressed of anyone (tho Elena Liashenko is an exception; she usually manages to show up without looking like a parade float or Christmas tree).
    Re: your talking about the "not best dressed" Russian skaters and in view of that the best of them come from StPetersburg, I conclude that dress codes in San Diego and StPetersburg are different .
    Well, if the American fans think the baggy costumes of Weir or cheap finery of Yagudin is something that falls into proper dress category, I have no comment.

Libra - a fan of Russian style in figure skating ( including results)

Depending on the costume Yags has great taste... Jef Billings' work with SOI helps in that area

and I don't care for Johnny's costume style at all... I'm American, proud to be, but I agree for the most part the European/Russian style does nothing for me... ripped up pieces of cloth I do not consider flattering or pretty... and plunging necklines to the bellybutton and beyond on EITHER GENDER is another no no... just cuz B. Spears does it doesn't mean it's a good idea

Custom Title
    I like Michelle's dresses but she always looks the same. Sasha Cohen's are a little average, but her first Malaguena dress and her first Swan Lake dress were beautiful. Maria Butyrskaya had the best costumes for a female skater. What a class.

Not single skaters, B/S were the pair with best costumes but they're not in the list. S/Z's are okay, N/K are okay, B/A's are bad (how can they be taken seriously without true ice dance costumes? ), Plushenko's are usually very bad (although I loved his Adagio bodysuit)...

I'm not exactly a fan of the majority of the costumes Tarasova's students wear, but Yagudin is an exception. (probably helps that they fit well :D) He always has great costumes and pretty much can pull off anything. The red and black costume from Revolution Etude was classy and elegant, the costume from Racing was very simple but the shirt was great and it had everything to do with the music... I think I'll vote for him.

I don't see anything wrong with Russian skaters' costumes, btw. Ladies especially, sure, they may not look like ice little princesses, but that's not the point anyway. I think most of the American ladies never wear a dress that remotely fits the music and that is far more important IMO.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast