I'm Off To "Disneyland" | Golden Skate

I'm Off To "Disneyland"

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
I'm on summer break, so it came down to a cruise or Disneyland. Don't ask me how we settled on the "Happiest Place On Earth", but we're leaving Monday morning and should be back late Thursday night. We're also adding Universal Studios to our stop-offs. My hubby is an "amusement park" addict so I guess I had better strap on and hold on tight. Should be fun. We haven't been there in about ten years and I know they've made a lot of changes. I'll be sure to say hi to Mickey for all of you..... :D 42

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
Hope you have a really great trip. Many years since we were there. Saw Delta Burke speak at Universal before she was famous. It was the year she started on Silver Spoons.

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Of course, I am GREEN with ENVY!!! Have a great time! Say "hi" to Mickey and the gang from me.

:D

Last edited:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
going during Summer Vacation... boy are you brave! LOL

November can't get here soon enough!

Longhornliz

Final Flight
omg so jealous!!! I wish real life was like disney world. I have been 3 times, and I havent had kids of my own yet so I bet I have 3 more trips in me. Disney has no trash, no grafitti, no drunk people, no anything less than wonderful. Its 23o and the bars have closed and I wish I was at disney,

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Thanks all, my "bags are packed, I'm ready to go.....". I know it's risky going to an amusement park in the summer, but we'll see how it goes. We do have a plan of attack that has worked in the past......hit the big attractions first thing right when the park opens, and then do the less popular rides in the afternoon and evening........see you all when I get back...... :) 42

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
I'm back........nearly four days at amusement parks and I'm pooped. We visited Disneyland of course, California Adventure, Downtown Disney, and Universal Studios........Universal Studios was my favorite. They were shooting the sequel to "Meet the Parents" and who should be strolling around the sets but Barbra Streisand and Henry Winkler.......too cool......glad to be home though......42

Yazmeen

On the Ice
Show: What did you think of California Adventure? I was frankly disappointed.

I loved the CA version of Downtown Disney, though, far more than the Florida version of the same. The restaurants were great and I adored the street musicians. Plus, they had Sephora, and that's all right with me!!!! :love:

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Yazmeen, California Adventure was an upscale "Six Flags" amusement park. Most of the attractions were too fast for folks like me. My hubby talked me into going on the huge ferris wheel. At the top, I had a panic attack. I am afraid of heights so I don't know what I was thinking when I agreed to go on that darn thing. They were very nice, and the attendant let me off when our basket on the wheel was on the downswing........We did see one good show there called "Soaring"........sort of a virtual reality ride that was worth the wait. The rest of the park was a bit disappointing, but the teenagers we saw there were having a ball.........I loved "Downtown" Disney. We ate at the "Rainforest" cafe, the coolest dining experience I have had in a long time. We also cruised through the ESPN Zone, and several of the shops, but couldn't drag hubby into "Sephoras"..... :\ 42