Young You | Page 9 | Golden Skate

Young You

Plumededragon

Medalist
Amazing job on the fs!:clap: This will be a good learning curve for her. Strangely, she had the least to lose despite being the defending champion as she's not even junior-eligible this season, meaning no worlds spot on the line. I know she'll be even better next season.
Same. I was very sad for her, but that's ok she's a strong spirit and will fight for the next season. She's strong and still had a top 6 finish with 180+ points. Not many skaters of her age can do that.
I believe in her and look forward to her start as a junior next season!

randomfan

Record Breaker
I wonder if this means that Shae-Lynn Bourne may possibly choreograph a program for her next season? If that happens...

:dance::yahoo::luv17::hap57::dance2::love:

gourry

Final Flight
:luv17:
She visited Niagara Falls? I visited there in late May couple of years ago and there were still ice!! Lots of ice. Hope Young had better luck and better view.
And I guess Shae-Lynn's choreo might work very well with Young. This is very exciting!!
Now, Eunsoo, you need better choreography too.... For that matter, maybe Yelim too. :drama:

breadstal

Record Breaker
Happy birthday, Young :luv17: I hope you will become better and better skater, will be healthy and have a great season and memories :hap10:

Hailey Shin

Medalist
She also came back from Toronto today with Junhwan, to participate next weekends' JGP selection competition in Korea!

I will translate this new interview article at the airport.
http://v.sports.media.daum.net/v/20170723191136624

Q. What did you most focus on while training in Toronto, Canada?
A. I did practicing jumps with coach Ghislane, and also new programs. I also added tanos to many kinds of my jumps. And the rest of the time I also practiced 3A and 4S. I learnt my jumps from coach Ghislane. He made my postures into good way, and now I feel more confident while jumping.

Q. Are you planning to add your 3A or 4S into your programs?
A. This season, I don't know about it. But I made my 3A good, and keep practicing it with quad jumps.

Q. Cricket skating&curling club was the club which Yuna Kim practiced before. How do you feel about it?
A. It feels really different because many famous skaters are practicing there. Many skaters' skatings were fast and had unseen strong atmosphere. (laugh) What I most liked was the warmness of the rink. Almost all of skaters there were good, so I learnt more from it. And also there was Jun hwan, so I felt not lonely.

Q. Can you describe about your new programs?
A. Short program is lively and cute. Free program is very powerful different as short program.

Q. I know that Cricket skating&curling club's skating skill coach is Tracy Wilson. She once taught Yuna Kim. What did she teach for you?
A. She said that I am just same as when Yuna (first) came to the rink. I yet have organized foundation of skating skills, but I learned a lot there. Ms. Wilson said the learning progress of mine is very similar with Yuna Kim.

Q. This time, the selection event for JGP will be very competitive. What is your goal there?
A. First of all, to do my new programs perfectly is my goal. It would be great to be in at least 3rd place, and if I win there, I will be very satisfy, but the most biggest goal is to clean my new programs.

Kara

Final Flight
>tanos to many kinds of my jumps
:drama:

>3A and 4S
:jaw::hap85:

>my postures into good way, and now I feel more confident while jumping
:yahoo:

>there was Jun hwan, so I felt not lonely
:hap93::eek:: aww

>Short program is lively and cute. Free program is very powerful different as short program.
:hap10:

She's looking great! The reddish hair color looks fabulous on her and it seems her experience in Toronto has really given her confidence. Has there been any confirmation that she's really joining the Cricket club permanently? I think it would be a good move considering they definitely have the resources to give her a boost and Junhwan is there so she won't feel alone. The only worry I have is how much more everyone would want to tie her to Yuna though if that move happened. Let her be her own person!

Really, really looking forward to her new programs and her JGP debut! Also half scared about the tanos to come, but I trust that she's gotten more stabilized on those or they wouldn't let her continue on with them.

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
I share the same thoughts about the Yuna-namedropping of the press, kara. I hope that they keep away from this constant comparison to Yuna and its accompanying burden of a pressure. The girl is just 13 yrs old....

maea14

On the Ice
The press keep on associating her with yuna's name which is inevitable since young consider yuna as her heroine.. but eunsoo is the one with yuna'estic way.. Young's skating is very different from yuna hers is very unique among yuna kids

FanOfTeamKorea

On the Ice
17/18 Season Program
SP : "Don't Rain on My Parade" Perform by B. Streisand
FS : "The Pirates of The Caribbean" (Soundtrack)

Kara

Final Flight
The press keep on associating her with yuna's name which is inevitable since young consider yuna as her heroine.. but eunsoo is the one with yuna'estic way.. Young's skating is very different from yuna hers is very unique among yuna kids

For now, I guess she's happy to be regarded as the 2nd coming of Yuna by the press, but I just hope it won't get too much for her as she gets older.:sad21: I just feel like it'll add to heartbreak if there are any troubles to her JGP debut. Definitely agree that Young isn't really Yuna-esque though I actually consider Yelim the most similar to Yuna in her skating. Young's skating in her programs last year really gave me the feeling of passion (? don't know exactly how to describe it) that felt not exactly the most polished, but there was some raw power to it that you don't see often in ladies figure skating that I quite enjoyed.

17/18 Season Program
SP : "Don't Rain on My Parade" Perform by B. Streisand
FS : "The Pirates of The Caribbean" (Soundtrack)

So excited!! Surprised to see both choreographed by Shae-lynn, but am certainly not complaining.:dance:

Warwick360

Medalist
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Tx9bj7wYnY ....Young You doesn't look so Young anymore. What a difference a few months make. :shocked:

And I can see what Yu Na said was so true when Young You won her Nationals. Aside from the jumps, there really needs to be emphasis on Skating skills for young skaters (although she didn't say it literally, so much as she implied it), which is so underrated in this day and age of jump advancements.