US Nationals Junior Ice Dance | Page 2 | Golden Skate

US Nationals Junior Ice Dance

gkelly

Record Breaker
I'm sorry, but everyone who has eyes and actually understands something in ice dance (not just 'ohhh, I liked their dance', or 'oh, they look strong') can see that McNamara/Carpenter, Loboda/Drozd, the Parsons, Popova/Vlasenko, Lauriault/Le Gac, Carreira/Ponomarenko, Pogrebinsky/Benoit and Abachkina/Thauron were drastically overscored for the whole juniors season. WAY too overscored.

Do you think this overscoring happens mostly in GOEs or in PCS? Or do you think the tech panel is being too easy on them in their calls?

We've already established that it's easier for teams to get credit for the key points, and higher GOEs, for the Starlight Waltz than for the Ravensburger.

So if you want to discuss relative overscoring of these junior teams vs. senior teams you think are better, it might be easier to make a strong case by looking at free dances rather than SDs.

Spiralgraph

On the Ice
Country
United-States
It's not that unusual for the junior champions moving up to senior would place in the top five couples their first year competing. Let's see in the past Tanith and Ben, Meryl and Charlie, Madison and Greg, Emily and Evan, heck even Aldridge and Eaton were ranked in fifth place, I think.
What's as important, I think is how these new senior teams perform in the fall GP and challenger circuit against established seniors Yes I think M/C are very talented, but other teams aren't going to stagnate in their development. I'm going to take a wait and see attitude let all these teams push each other and see what happens.

Giselle

Medalist
It's not that unusual for the junior champions moving up to senior would place in the top five couples their first year competing. Let's see in the past Tanith and Ben, Meryl and Charlie, Madison and Greg, Emily and Evan, heck even Aldridge and Eaton were ranked in fifth place, I think.
What's as important, I think is how these new senior teams perform in the fall GP and challenger circuit against established seniors Yes I think M/C are very talented, but other teams aren't going to stagnate in their development. I'm going to take a wait and see attitude let all these teams push each other and see what happens.

You're right, Aldridge and Eaton won Jr. Nats in 2012 & 2013 and were 5th at Sr. Nats in 2014. Madison and Keiffer also won Jr. Nats in 2008 and were 4th at Sr. Nats in 2009.