Olympics - Olympic Trials | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Olympics - Olympic Trials

Longhornliz

Final Flight
I hope that more than 2 events I'm interested in wont air at the same time... I'm only able to record two programs at once with my DVR.

Thanks for all thos links, AH!! I don't get to see these sports so often onTV and I want to get familiar with who's who. I really enjoy the Decathalon as well as the diving and all the others. But I have to get busy and find out some important names to watch.

Joe

purplecat

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Oooh! Don't want to post any spoilers, but in reading today's results it looks like the swimming trials have got off to an exciting start! Looking forward to the coverage! :)

A.H.Black

Final Flight
purplecat said:
Oooh! Don't want to post any spoilers, but in reading today's results it looks like the swimming trials have got off to an exciting start! Looking forward to the coverage! :)

Ya made me look. Ya made me look.

They are interesting indeed. Whats the deal with Moses. Is he injured or undertrained? The women's 100m fly looked interesting too. I'm guessing Micheal Phelps has decided not to swim the 400 meter freestyle even though he holds the American record.

The results page surely works weird.

ouridol

On the Ice
Oohhh I cannot wait for swimming trials!
for those of you interested in gymnastics, make sure to remember that on july the 18th, they will be pre-emptying some of the track/field coverage so that they can show you the karolyi camp live and their descisions. I cannot wait! :) Just thought i'd let you know.
Anyhow i am very disappointed with the ammount of coverage NBC is showing. I don't have HDTV or cable :mad:

ouridol said:
Oohhh I cannot wait for swimming trials!
for those of you interested in gymnastics, make sure to remember that on july the 18th, they will be pre-emptying some of the track/field coverage so that they can show you the karolyi camp live and their descisions. I cannot wait! :) Just thought i'd let you know.
Anyhow i am very disappointed with the ammount of coverage NBC is showing. I don't have HDTV or cable :mad:

How about that Amanda Beard. It's never too late and you're never too old.

Joe

A.H.Black

Final Flight
Track and field -

Well - the HUGE news is that Marion Jones will NOT be on the 100 Meter team. She was 5th in the trials!!!!!!!!!!

I am also very psyched that Lott-Hogan is on the womens heptathlon team.

Johar

Medalist
I still want my Mohini Bhardwaj to make the gymnastics team.

Other sports I am looking forward to watching are synchronized swimming, equestrian, swimming and diving.

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
Joesitz said:
What do you think of PHELPS???

Will he be the legend that MARK SPITZ holds???

He's INCREDIBLE. Yes, he will become a legend. He's only 19 in a sport that actually permits longevity, relatively speaking.

He is all RG Jr. talks about. :rolleye: He is all anyone on her swim team is talking about (except for the one girl from the team who made the trials at age 15 and Stacianna Stitts, a local resident and 2000 Olympian, who did not).

Because of him, RG Jr. makes me get up at 4:45 a.m. every single day but Sunday to get her to a.m. swim team practice, rather than the three days a week she was content doing before Michael Phelps came along!
:eek: :rolleye:

eliza88

On the Ice
Women's Gymnastics team announcment

I just saw this info: (hopefully my cut/paste worked)

Women's Announcement - "Courtneyx2" are ready to go, but there's four more seats on the plane. Watch the women's team announcement live on NBC at 7:45 p.m. ET on Sunday, July 18.
Gymnastics on TV (Check your local listings)
Mary Lou and Bela recount their favorite Olympic memories on NBC's Today Show between 8-9 a.m. ET on Friday, July 16.
Then tune in to hear the women's Olympic Team talk about the Selection Camp and their hopes for Athens between 8-9 a.m. ET Monday, July 19 on NBC's Today Show.
Also on Monday, July 19, relive the political, emotional, and athletic drama of the 1984 Olympic Games and Mary Lou's all-around title when Showtime presents Bud Greenspan Remembers: The 1984 LA Olympics.