Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Not for Kids: Brian Joubert

Champion Skater (Vicariously)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonichelle
    While it will make those "I'll do it or die" kids more aware of how to be "safer" it's still not the best option and I wish that schools would let kids know that it's ok NOT to be sexually active.

Abstinance only education wasnt really working in every school demographic, and Abstinance plus education has shown to be more effective in some of those areas where the abstinence only agenda wasnt getting through. I seriously doubt that the attitude of any educational professional was "go out and have fun as long as you wrap it up".

It is unfortunate that you had a bad experience with sex ed, (although who was really 100% comfortable in those lectures really?) I was lucky enough to have gone to school in an environment where the rate of sexual activity was very low, and those who did engage in that behavior were smart about it and typically it was in the context of a long term relationship.

Quote Originally Posted by skatepixie
    Ummm..its not like it shows anything, If it did, Id have a problem, but it doesnt, so...
    I'm pretty sure what you mean by anything If it did show anything would that be grounds to delete the post? I am only asking and not taking any action as a MOD.

Joesitz

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by icewings
    :D I won't rub it in that I'm Brian's age! hehehe

Oh go clean your room !!

LOL

Rebecca
    Quote Originally Posted by VIETgrlTerifa
    I know we're getting a bit OT here, but couldn't you say that the attitude you're describing is mostly done by adolescents?
    I live in Canada, not America... but here those attitudes are not just expressed by teenagers. I'm 22 and haven't been sexually active, and if I point that out to friends who are adults, or even doctors, they do a double take. People either don't believe it, or don't want to believe it because it must mean something is "wrong" with you.

And I have a grandchild older them him!

Of course, you all should know, I don't really think it's appropiate here either but on the other hand I did look.

Custom Title
    Wow, looks like I need to be making a trip to France sometime in the near future. What a sexy bum! As for the whole "nudity" issue, I also agree that as a society we are far too prudish about it. I don't think it should be readily available on television for children to see, but I also don't think that they should be taught to find it so shocking and offensive. It isn't offensive (well, unless it is a dirty, lecherous man in a trench coat flashing you). I also have strong feelings about why teens are so sexually active. I definitely agree that much of it stems from the pressure we place on them not to be. If you make a HUGE deal out of something, then naturally a child is going to be all the more curious about it. My niece's other grandparents have put the fear of God in her about sex and offered her $2,000 if she stays a virgin until she is married. I thought that was disgusting. I explained to her that she should want to wait until she is married/engaged because it makes it so much more special and that, in the end, she'll be glad she did and proud of herself. I refuse to tell her sex is bad or nasty. I also am willing to talk about it openly with her, which is something her parents and grandparents do not do. They instead leave it alone, thus making her feel ashamed and embarrassed about it when it does come up. That, to me, is the root of this teen sex explosion. My mother was always very frank and open about the topic of sex and, thus, I became a teen that was armed with knowledge and wasn't ashamed of something that is only natural.

Rogue Leader
    Interesting pics. I thought it was a joke when the original post said he was naked. I dont think he looks all that attracitve ín the first photo (I think it's 'cause he has shoes on), but he does have quite the bod. I find it odd he has no body hair. You don't see too many skaters with that look. I'm glad he's not ashamed to show himself. I don't hav any problems with nudity.

I'm all for more openness about sexuality. My high school sex ed classes were actually fun. Our teacher handled it very well.

Only looked at the first picture and it looks like a cut and paste job. The upper body and legs are white and his middle section is tanned. And becaues kidds do visit here it's just dosen't look good.

Go NJ Devils
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaana
    Sorry, but in my opinion Brian looks like a young kid who is trying to look sexy and is failing, LOL.
    You mean you got as far up as his face? I kind of got stuck at his abdomen...

Custom Title
    My 2 daughters, ages 18 and 16, reacted by saying, ''EEEEEWwwww yuk!''

:sheesh: Youth is wasted on the young! :sheesh:
    Last edited by SusanBeth; 06-22-2004 at 07:48 PM.

Fan of The Incomparable Sonja Henie Glacierskater's Avatar

UMMMMMM, I am sitting here at work and opened the first one. Had to pick my jaw up off the floor. Not that I have not seen a beautiful naked man before, but I did not expect that!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PrincessLeppard
    I think he looks beautiful. He's got a fabulous body.

A friend of mine asked me if her 8 year old could see Van Helsing, and I mentioned it was a tad gory. She said "That's fine. As long as there's no nudity." Huh? It's okay to see Dracula's skin peel off, but a boob is offensive?

Laura
    Something similar happened when Titanic came out. Some parents weren't going to allow their children to see it because you could see Kate Winslet's breasts. But they were okay with the thousands of people dying in the cold water :\

He has nice legs, btw!

Quote Originally Posted by Johar
    Something similar happened when Titanic came out. Some parents weren't going to allow their children to see it because you could see Kate Winslet's breasts. But they were okay with the thousands of people dying in the cold water :\
    Yeah, cause children have never seen breasts, right??
    Or maybe their mothers bottle fed them to protect them from the perverted horror.

k.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Glacierskater
    Not that I have not seen a beautiful naked man before, but I did not expect that!!!
    I think this is where I am struggling a bit here. To me, this kid is just not a man. Heavens, he's barely (if at all) out of his teens. :(

Custom Title
    Brian is still a teen and will celebrate his "golden" 20th birthday this coming September 20th. By this time next week he will be here in Connecticut working on his new programs, and wow - is this "kid" going to get a lot of attention at Skate America - he will be the media darling of the event, and deservedly so.
    Good chance this frenchman will conquer America.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast