Craziest audience reaction | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Craziest audience reaction

Liz1201

Rinkside
What an awesome thread!!! :agree:

A few of the craziest audience reactions that I remember:
Jamie and David 2001 worlds - my first live competition and it was amazing
Yagudin - 2001 worlds (all performances :love: )
Shen and Zhao - 2003 worlds - so emotional
Bourne and Kraatz - 2003 worlds (finally a win!) I don't think the audience reaction was that crazy but mine was :laugh:
Davis and White - 2009 worlds ( pretty sure I contributed to the booing of the scores :slink: )
Shibs - 2016 natls :luv17: how can one not go crazy for those twizzles :hap10:

Jason Brown's Riverdance at 2014 nationals - my reaction from my couch was pretty crazy too :rofl:

Last edited:

Layback11

Record Breaker
I'll never forget the way the crowd was for the 2013-14 WC Ladies SP and especially when the second to last group skated. Mao, Kanako, and Akiko one after the other. It was so intense! I swear the fans were just downright going bonkers. It was electric and one of my favorite moments being a fan of this sport.

Anyone have video of the whole SP so I can experience it as a continuous event instead of individual programs. I remember I stayed up 24hrs straight just to watch it.

This is an old post, but here you go: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mb7OtYJIx8&list=PLueLvRSGEIa6CH4uI21YFruLvZncVSoJ_
Groups 5&6. Meejung Hwang on YouTube puts up most major events in full-she's my go-to for that :yes:.

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Shen & Zhao 2003 Worlds & Jason Brown 2014 US Nationals - we were there for both!

Rudy Galindo - 1996 US Nationals

Meryl & Charlie - 2009 - I was livid that they didn't finish on the podium - they were brilliant!

The Shibs - this season - those twizzles!!!!!

Todd - 2001 Worlds - loved the crowd booing the marks/placement (3rd after the free skate - what were those judges thinking?), as he took it all in stride

Lucinda Ruh - 1999 Worlds :love:

anyanka

Record Breaker
Yuna @ 2013 worlds. In the last 45 seconds of the program she completes the final double axel and goes into her spin combo, and with 20 seconds to go in the program if you watch the way the camera pulls back, the audience was already on their feet before the program ended. It seemed legit crazier than when the audience stood up as one in the FS at Vancouver OG at the end. Both times, if she hadn't stepped off the ice, they would have applauded until the sun came up the next morning. And she wasn't even on home ice!!

Must also mention Adelina in Sochi FS. Bonkers.

Jonttu

Rinkside
I was in the audience in Helsinki and I can say without a doubt that Lucinda got HUGE ovations for both of her programs at that event. Maria Butyrskaya of course, received the biggest ovations for obvious reasons. Another skater who did well, especially in the Long Program was Tatianna Malinina who skated to Aladin.

Does anyone have link to a video of Marias LP at worlds in Helsinki? I can't seem to find it anywhere on Youtube, Google etc. I've been reading through these threads listing most memorable performances and audience reactions, and I'd like to watch Maria's skate again.

mrrice

Record Breaker
Does anyone have link to a video of Marias LP at worlds in Helsinki? I can't seem to find it anywhere on Youtube, Google etc. I've been reading through these threads listing most memorable performances and audience reactions, and I'd like to watch Maria's skate again.

Hang on. I'll find it for you. BRB

I couldn't find it.....HOWEVER. I Did find a rare clip of Maria speaking a few words in English. Very Few......I LOVE this Woman,,,,:luv17:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8MqoYHuz4Aw

Last edited: