"Guilty Pleasure" Programs | Page 5 | Golden Skate

"Guilty Pleasure" Programs

lyverbird1

Final Flight
The funniest thing about this is listening to the Eurosport guys gush over this abomination. This should be required viewing for anyone who assumes those guys are always the gold standard of commentating.

As long as they keep misprouncing so many of the skaters' names as badly as they do, I'd encourage withholding of the gold standard award as well! But they are pretty good, especially Chris...

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
I dont ever feel guilty enjoying something:laugh:
I hate Titanik so i guess Lena's prog fits here

bartlebooth

Record Breaker
Mukhortova/Trankov's The Lady and the Hooligan (TEB, Worlds).
I love that step sequence, so sue me.
The music was Maxim's choice - lyrical snot, it is not :biggrin: - and I almost hope that he will re-do the program with Volosozhar, maybe as an exhibition.

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
The funniest thing about this is listening to the Eurosport guys gush over this abomination. This should be required viewing for anyone who assumes those guys are always the gold standard of commentating.

Haha, they liked it?! I didn't know that. 2009-2010 was before I watched Eurosport live streams.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
if we're taking a 'guilty pleasure' of figure skating as cringing on music/choreography here mine from this season:

- Maxim Kovtun's SP - at this point I don't really know if this is a serious program, a self-satire, a desperate attempt to be seen as a cool one (not planned) or something between all three. Genesis+his 'reindeer-in-headlights' expression+hips thrusting = :party2::hb::confused:

- Moris Kvitelashvili's SP - from costume to music cuts (major cringe) it is a true definition of so-called 'guilty pleasure', but who cares? For me obviously he's enjoying himself so we can do it too :cheer:

- Elena R and Jorik Hendrickx Titanic FS - I really can't stand these voiceovers during both programs...:hopelessness:, he has even worse music cuts (and voiceovers selection) than Elena, then she can perform the heck out of this, ekhm, program

thegreendestiny

On the Ice
Sorry if I sound morbid or cruel but I sort of enjoy watching Pogorilaya's SP in NHK 2015 not for her pain but that look in her face after the performance. Poor girl seemed disoriented by what happened.