Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: who should skate to SWAN LAKE?

Custom Title

Question who should skate to SWAN LAKE?

i want to see michelle kwan skate to swan lake! it would be a challenge for her but if she wants to skate a program the judges would love, for the 2006 olympics, swan lake is ***it***!!!

Custom Title
    That is the WORST idea I've seen on this board in a long time.

There have been FAR too many skaters doing SL, and as much as I love the Kween, I would NOT like to see her trying it. :sheesh:

NO ONE SHOULD SKATE TO SWAN LAKE. IT'S A BALLET IN FOUR ACTS AND LOOKS BETTER ON POINT THAN IT DOES WITH BLADES.

For those who want to use the music it's ok with me but please don't make like a Swan. Just get some kind of emotion besides a tortured bird.

Joe

Well she did do a lovely job with "Song of the Black Swan" so I'm sure she could handle Swan Lake just fine. I don't think it would be a challenge for her at all. That said, I don't think I'd like to see her do it. I love the music, but its been done too often, especially lately.

Custom Title
    No one should skate to Swan Lake no matter what discipline.

I don't want anyone to skate to it ever again...

at least not for the next 50 years! :(

Custom Title
    Ugh .I don't think I could stomach another SL anytime soon, no matter who skates to it.

In my heart, I'm actually Canadian....
    ITA. "Swan Lake" is one of those compositions that has been done, re-done, overdone, heated up, then served again and do we really need to hear it for the umpteenth time, regardless of what is being done with it?

Every season I wish the ISU would issue their "Don't Go There Again" list consisting of music that the judges have heard so many times that if ONE MORE PERSON goes out there and skates to it, they're going to get an artistic deduction for being "artistically unoriginal" or something along that line. (Sasha, btw, would be a consistent offender -- just once I'd like to see her skate to something that hasn't been done by dozens and dozens before her.)

Michelle Kwan Fan
    I don't know about anyone else, but I think that Sasha Cohen and Oksana Baiul's Swan Lakes are masterpieces and that no one else can or should try to skate to SL. Just my opinion.

Custom Title
    Oksana's SL is recognized as a masterpiece around the figure skating world but Sasha's is not. Sasha's TT's version is very nice. I thought she had the best program out of the ladies for the season (until she watered it down) but it wasn't considered a masterpiece.

I just hope that's the last of SL but isn't Sasha bringing it back next season?
    Last edited by lavender; 06-22-2004 at 03:38 PM.

bugs are smarter than we are bronxgirl's Avatar
    I hope, for Sasha's sake that she doesn't rehash Robin's Swan Puddle. BORING!

Master Procrastinator
    Sasha's Swan Lake a "masterpiece"? Surely you are joking. The version she skated in the very beginning of the season had the potential to be a great program, but it was ruined a bit more with each competition due to modifications and deletions. I wish we could have seen the TT version after a whole season of run throughs.

On the topic of this thread, I hope to not see another Swan Lake program for many years. Same with Turrandot.

No more Swan Lake, we've had enough of it for a while.

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~ Ladskater's Avatar
    I think Oksana did the definitive interpretation to the music from Swan Lake - it would be pretty difficult for anyone to top her performance.

Go NJ Devils
    I would love to see a pair or woman skate to the Act IV pas de deux. The music that few would even recognize as Swan Lake.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast