Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: who should skate to SWAN LAKE?

In my heart, I'm actually Canadian....
    Or someone could just portray the lake..... Actually, if any one of the stranger French skaters should happen to see this, I've probably just given them an idea......

http://p068.ezboard.com/bstrawberrycanyonfsc
    Quote Originally Posted by JonnyCoop
    Or someone could just portray the lake..... Actually, if any one of the stranger French skaters should happen to see this, I've probably just given them an idea......
    Be careful, Jonny LOL. That composer that rearranges the music for the french (Maxim Rodriguez, I believe...) might turn it into a rock guitar arrangement LOL, and we can have Swan Mosh Pit or something

Speaking of which, Bond performs an arrangement of the Swan Lake theme in their new album in the song, "Midnight Garden." I must admit, their first two albums were great...this last one is utter crap; especially the Swan Lake arrangement. And they try to sing in it!

Quote Originally Posted by thisthingcalledlove
    Be careful, Jonny LOL. That composer that rearranges the music for the french (Maxim Rodriguez, I believe...) might turn it into a rock guitar arrangement LOL, and we can have Swan Mosh Pit or something

I don't know, Swan Mosh Pit sounds more like a group number; perhaps their precision teams can use it..... :D

http://p068.ezboard.com/bstrawberrycanyonfsc
    I don't know, Swan Mosh Pit sounds more like a group number; perhaps their precision teams can use it..... :D
    Or the French Synchro swim team (the ones disqualified from the 96 Olympics for portraying Nazis in their Schindler's list program) can use it LOL

Yep, whoever draws the short straw is the one who gets passed over the heads of all the others.....

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by euterpe
    Miki Ando skated to "Firebird" (Stravinsky) not "Carmen" (Bizet). "Firebird" is a terrific piece of music, and the choreography was very good, but Miki lacks the musical sense to make the most of it.
    She skated to Carmen in the 04 World Gala. The same would apply to her Firebird though.

In the skating world, Swan Lake should be BURNED... any and all copies!

*I do like the music, but ... well... you know*

Custom Title
    Or someone could just portray the lake..... .

Here is a report (from GS archive) on Campbells, the very first competition

AnnePatrice : Swan Lake but just Odette in a white costume with a swan a la Borck in her cleavage. Minimal flapping arms. Good but should be better

Sasha: Costume was black and white possibly to denote Odette and Odile. The 3rd Act Swan Lake music suited her style of skating.
    AP's program has one swan throughout the season.

Cohen's program: 2 swans at the beginning of the season. At world lp, one of the last competitions, there was no swan and practically all lake.
    Last edited by rtureck; 06-28-2004 at 12:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rtureck

Cohen's program: 2 swans at the beginning of the season. At world lp, one of the last competitions, there was no swan and practically all lake.
    You know, I never thought about that potential re-interpretation of the program. It would explain a lot.

Don't , Johnny Coop - It's not as far fetched as you think. In college Acting Class, we had to pretend we were a casket. So I looked right down to the bottom of my soul to see what I could feel.. I felt nothing.

Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Joesitz
    I felt nothing. --Joe
    The perfect method for a casket!

MM

Quote Originally Posted by Joesitz
    Don't , Johnny Coop - It's not as far fetched as you think. In college Acting Class, we had to pretend we were a casket. So I looked right down to the bottom of my soul to see what I could feel.. I felt nothing.

Joe
    HA! Well, it's one thing to do something like that in an acting class, but would we really want to see someone out there for 4 1/2 minutes being a casket? I rather think not. Tho of course this sort of thing would have to be done to Mozart's "Requiem" or Saint-Saen's "Danse Macabre" :D

(Actually, in ice dancing this sort of thing might work if done properly. "Maiden being chased by rambunctious Casket" or some such.... )-

Extinction is Forever 4dogknight's Avatar
    Joe isn't
    So I looked right down to the bottom of my soul to see what I could feel.. I felt nothing.
    A line from a song in the musical "A Chorus Line"? In my mind's eye I can picture the character Diana Morales standing at the end of the line and singing about trying to picture something and the chorus of the song is what you stated above.

Am I remembering correctly or have I lost what little there is left of my mind?

4dk

4Dog - You Got It!!! A wonderful number in that show.

Joe

Extinction is Forever 4dogknight's Avatar
    And Joe,isn't the title of the song "Nothing"?
    Additional trivia: In the original Broadway version Cassie didn't get the job and apparently the audience response was not what they wanted. After a few performances, they made the change and got standing ovations.

And you did know that Bob Fosse's daughter was in the film version.

Back to Swan Lake. After so many years of dance, I really can't stand listening to a lot of the 'ballet' music. When you hear the same music over,and over,and over,and over, etc., day in, day out, year in, year out, you'd rather have root canal than listen to it one more time. I more or less tune out the music when I watch a skater perform to 'ballet' music.

4dk

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast