Anyone Going To Read Clinton's Book? | Golden Skate

Anyone Going To Read Clinton's Book?

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
Are any of you planning to read Bill Clinton's book? I wonder how it will stack up (sales and content) to Hillary's?

4dogknight

Final Flight
Absolutely! I pre-ordered it from amazon and got notice yesterday that it's on it's way. Course I have to finish Paretsky's new book first.

The 60 minutes interview on Sunday just whetted my appetite. Quite frankly, and I may be the only person in American who believes this, the Monica Lewinsky 'stuff' did not define Clinton's two terms as President.

4dk

bronxgirl

Medalist
Funny you should ask. I'm home from work today and the UPS truck just arrived 15 minutes ago with my copy. What I don't know is why I got the large type version. Is Amazon keeping tabs, not only on my taste in books, but my visual acuity? (Or did they do this realizing that I really would go cross eyed reading a book that thick in standard type :laugh: ). It will be an interesting read I'm sure.

dfj

On the Ice
My daughter is a publisher so I was able to get this on the weekend. So far, I'm just loving it (although I admit to being a huge fan of Bill Clinton). This is very big - it was reported this morning that it is Harry Potter for adults and the line up in New York for the signing started at midnight yesterday. Already 2 million in print.

When I take a look at him and the pathetic group we have to choose from in our election next week up here in Canada, I am forced to think what a treat it would be to have someone of his intellect and charisma at 24 Sussex. No such luck.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
lets see his smirk when he talked to dan about the "error" he made with Lewinsky was a turn off

His book going to be "his side" of the story(which even HE couldn't keep straight) is a turn off.

The fact that he seemed completely uninterested in the funeral of Regan's (if he didn't want to be there he didn't have to be... Hillary should have elbowed him a couple of times... and CBS should have quit showing him) makes me like him even less.

Clinton and his administration closed down most of Alaska to ALASKANS they want the whole state to be one big national park and I'm sorry but some of us can't eat and drink air we have to be able to get food somehow and with the inflated prices of all the lower 48 crap they send hunting and fishing is a means of survival! You want to know why we have to rely heavily on outside sources for oil? because they won't let us drill at the N. Slope. I'm not saying it'd be as big as the Middle East Oil... but it could help. Who knows how much is in there(and don't believe all that Dan and Peter are telling you. Until I see their butt up here check it out for themselves they have no business telling the American people what is right and wrong about Alaska.) Considering that most students in the US think Alaska is somewhere in between Mexico and Hawaii it's not like they care anyway! That's what Clinton's two terms mean to me. Absolute bull.

/rant off

Aloft04

On the Ice
Absolutely! I had almost forgotten how nice it was to have an intelligent, articulate President who could admit his mistakes.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
"I never had sexual relations with that woman"

"I didn't inhale"

yeah two very intelligent owning up to your mistakes kinda comments. Yeay Clinton :rolleye:

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
I am not going to start it untill after my day camp is over the end of July because if I start it now I won't get anything else done until I finish reading it.

I do wish we could reelect him president. Hey, if they are thinking of changing the rules so that Arnold can run some day, why not change it so that Bill can have another term or two??? :D I thought I heard on TV yesterday that Chelsea may be engaged?

John King

Final Flight
Clinton's book

I like Dennis Miller's quip:Better be forwarned,some of the pages are stuck together! :laugh:

StillBlueLake

Rinkside
I'll probably get it from the library eventually, but it's probably not worth buying.

I will quietly suggest however that lying about what Clinton lied about pales in comparison to the deceit of the current administration. And that's all I'm going to say about that. :eek:

Aloft04

On the Ice
Tonichelle, my dear, shall we compare the lethal nature of the lies and mistakes Clinton made with those of the current occupant of the White House? Pick your poison...sex and pot.....or lies to support an invasion that provides sweetheart deals to oil and Halliburton interests, death and destruction to more than 11,000 - over 800 of them our sons and daughters, ill-conceived lies attempting to link Iraq with 9-11, unprecedented budget deficit (trillions$) in the face of tax cuts for the wealthy, record personal bankruptcies, failing education systems, invasion and incompetance that have eroded the standing of our country in the eyes of the entire world.

I know which set of mistakes and lies I'd pick.

Oh, and lest one gets really sanctimonious about substance abuse and the 'never inhaled' assertion by Clinton, perhaps we should also unseal the drunk driving conviction on record in Maine (and at least one purported to also be sealed in Texas) for Bush?

Here's the tally of what Bush's "strategery" has cost us, and what good it could have funded: http://costofwar.com/

Like I said, give me an articulate, intelligent President who can admit his mistakes (and write a book) over one with a negative and narrow vision of the world based on personal ideology who probably hasn't read many.

Last edited:

bronxgirl

Medalist
StillBlueLake said:
I will quietly suggest however that lying about what Clinton lied about pales in comparison to the deceit of the current administration. And that's all I'm going to say about that. :eek:

Sadly, Amen to that...

liberal

Rinkside
Let’s do the math:
1. Sexual hanky panky in the Oval Office, plus a lie about it – numbers of deaths -0

2. Invasion of a foreign country with lies and misstatements – numbers of soldiers deaths -well over 800, plus untold Iraqi civilians, which are not even discussed let alone counted.

I will take number 1

I am also awaiting my copy.

Great post Aloft04.

PrincessLeppard

~ Evgeni's Sex Bomb ~
Final Flight
It's so sad that people can't get past Clinton's mistakes with Monica. He was so much more than that.

We had a budget surplus.

The economy was great.

We had the respect of other nations.

Clinton worked hard to bring about peace in the Middle East, and came close a couple of time. I don't know who will finally be the one to bring it about. But I know it won't be Bush II.

The environment wasn't being raped.

Lots of people who don't get overtime now got it then.

I'm sure there are more. I'll be reading the book.

Laura :)

Last edited:

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
ITA Laura. Barbara Striesand put it this way."I don't ask my Rabbi for political advice, and I don'r ask my president for moral advice."