Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Anyone Going To Read Clinton's Book?

Rinkside
    Let’s do the math:
    1. Sexual hanky panky in the Oval Office, plus a lie about it – numbers of deaths -0

2. Invasion of a foreign country with lies and misstatements – numbers of soldiers deaths -well over 800, plus untold Iraqi civilians, which are not even discussed let alone counted.

I will take number 1

I am also awaiting my copy.

Great post Aloft04.

Custom Title
    Nope. If I wanted to read fantasy, I'd go for Harry Potter.

~ Evgeni's Sex Bomb ~
    It's so sad that people can't get past Clinton's mistakes with Monica. He was so much more than that.

We had a budget surplus.

The economy was great.

We had the respect of other nations.

Clinton worked hard to bring about peace in the Middle East, and came close a couple of time. I don't know who will finally be the one to bring it about. But I know it won't be Bush II.

The environment wasn't being raped.

Lots of people who don't get overtime now got it then.

I'm sure there are more. I'll be reading the book.

Laura
    Last edited by PrincessLeppard; 06-22-2004 at 04:46 PM. Reason: because I forgot to say I would read the book!

Custom Title
    No, I'm gonna wait for the movie

ITA Laura. Barbara Striesand put it this way."I don't ask my Rabbi for political advice, and I don'r ask my president for moral advice."

Rogue Leader
    Piel, great quote. A politician who is losuy at marriage can still be great at running the country. Just as a politician who si greta at marriage can suck at running the country. I'm Canadian, and I will be buying it.

Custom Title
    It was Clinton's ambition to make a name for himself as a 'peacekeeper' that kicked off the horrendous wave of terrorism and violence in Israel by Hezbollah. Clinton tried to FORCE peace on the region, and it backfired big time. His urgency to create a peace was interpreted as a sign of weakness on the part of the US, and the bombings and killings of restaurants and buses by suicide bombers began.

Instead of making things better, Clinton's misguided actions only created havoc.

He also had a chance to capture Osama bin Laden and turned it down.

Clinton's final Presidential actions of pardoning career criminals showed that he was more interested in rewarding those who gave money contributions to his election coffers than he was in real justice.
    Last edited by chuckm; 06-22-2004 at 05:35 PM.

Master Procrastinator
    Couldn't pay me money to read this book.

It is also getting terrible reviews, from everyone, not just more conservative news sources.

Custom Title
    Speaking of books getting "terrible reviews" and being rooted in "fantasy"......the Bush administration was just forced to acknowledge that their long anticipated State Department report on terrorism, "Patterns of Global Terrorism" contained completely erroneous data (either manipulated for political purposes or incompetently compiled, one or the other) in which they reported a decrease in terror related deaths, when in fact a two-fold increase is what the world has experienced. Oops!

http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/...ror/index.html

I read that a local Seattle bookstore sold 1,000 copies of Bill Clinton's book today.

Custom Title

Thumbs down

in a word " NO " I wouldn't waste my money on anything that has to do with him

cb

Did you guys see him on Oprah today? Still charming, still the politician.

MM

I saw most of it. I will have to admit he is personable but as for now, I don't intend to read the book.

Quote Originally Posted by Mathman
    Did you guys see him on Oprah today? Still charming, still the politician.

MM
    I did, and he was!

Custom Title
    I'm not sure. I probably won't read it. I've always had sort of a neutral feeling about Clinton. He was never my favorite or my least favorite. He is a brilliant orater and is quite charismatic, but I'm not so apt to jump on the "things were so great when Clinton was president" bandwagon. He did some good things, but the fact the economy was great then was not the direct result of Clinton. It was a combination of numerous factors that all fell into place. I feel some people are far too quick to judge a president based specificly on economy fluctuations. That is the natural state of the economy: there are wonderful periods of expansion and growth, but at the same time you have to expect periods of decline and stagnation. I would, however, like to read Hillary's book. Has anyone read that one? Is it a good read? I know many people don't like her, but I've always felt she is a very capable woman who has the potential to do great things.

Custom Title
    I'm not sure I'd call it a "good read" ,BisG, but certainly worthwhile. Her writing style is very restrained and guarded, much like her interviews.

I agree that she is an admirable human being, capable of good works and sound reasoning. She'd probably get my vote.
    Last edited by Aloft04; 06-22-2004 at 09:03 PM. Reason: oops, spelling error...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast