Anyone Going To Read Clinton's Book? | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Anyone Going To Read Clinton's Book?

Antilles

Medalist
Piel, great quote. A politician who is losuy at marriage can still be great at running the country. Just as a politician who si greta at marriage can suck at running the country. I'm Canadian, and I will be buying it.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
It was Clinton's ambition to make a name for himself as a 'peacekeeper' that kicked off the horrendous wave of terrorism and violence in Israel by Hezbollah. Clinton tried to FORCE peace on the region, and it backfired big time. His urgency to create a peace was interpreted as a sign of weakness on the part of the US, and the bombings and killings of restaurants and buses by suicide bombers began.

Instead of making things better, Clinton's misguided actions only created havoc.

He also had a chance to capture Osama bin Laden and turned it down.

Clinton's final Presidential actions of pardoning career criminals showed that he was more interested in rewarding those who gave money contributions to his election coffers than he was in real justice.

Last edited:

Lucy25

Final Flight
Couldn't pay me money to read this book.

It is also getting terrible reviews, from everyone, not just more conservative news sources.

Aloft04

On the Ice
Speaking of books getting "terrible reviews" and being rooted in "fantasy"......the Bush administration was just forced to acknowledge that their long anticipated State Department report on terrorism, "Patterns of Global Terrorism" contained completely erroneous data (either manipulated for political purposes or incompetently compiled, one or the other) in which they reported a decrease in terror related deaths, when in fact a two-fold increase is what the world has experienced. Oops!

http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/06/22/powell.terror/index.html

I read that a local Seattle bookstore sold 1,000 copies of Bill Clinton's book today.

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
I saw most of it. I will have to admit he is personable but as for now, I don't intend to read the book.

BronzeisGolden

Medalist
I'm not sure. I probably won't read it. I've always had sort of a neutral feeling about Clinton. He was never my favorite or my least favorite. He is a brilliant orater and is quite charismatic, but I'm not so apt to jump on the "things were so great when Clinton was president" bandwagon. He did some good things, but the fact the economy was great then was not the direct result of Clinton. It was a combination of numerous factors that all fell into place. I feel some people are far too quick to judge a president based specificly on economy fluctuations. That is the natural state of the economy: there are wonderful periods of expansion and growth, but at the same time you have to expect periods of decline and stagnation. I would, however, like to read Hillary's book. Has anyone read that one? Is it a good read? I know many people don't like her, but I've always felt she is a very capable woman who has the potential to do great things.

Aloft04

On the Ice
I'm not sure I'd call it a "good read" ,BisG, but certainly worthwhile. Her writing style is very restrained and guarded, much like her interviews.

I agree that she is an admirable human being, capable of good works and sound reasoning. She'd probably get my vote.

Last edited:

Glacierskater

On the Ice
As a resident of Arkansas, I can only think, "What now?" They did a book review of the book on NPR today. They said that the book was already on the best seller list. It can stay there, I won't read it.

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
I heard it was as about as interesting as watching paint dry...so therefore, "no" will be my final answer!

:D