European ice dance - future medalists? | Golden Skate

European ice dance - future medalists?

Kinga

Medalist
I thought that ice dance at the Europeans this year was very interesting - not only because of stunning top 6. I found lower-ranked skaters very exciting to watch. Are there any future frontrunners among them? Any stars "in making"?

I cannot speak from technical point of view, but those pairs caught my attention:

Lorenz/Polizoakis from Germany. They look smooth, fluid, fresh. I liked their lines. It seems they will develop quickly and have potential for presenting interesting programs.

Kaliszek/Spodirev from Poland. Powerful, innovative, unconventional. I can see them skating very original, unusual programs. They definitely draw attention.

Mansour/Ceska from Czech Republic - they had some very interesting lifts and linking elements.

Törn/Partanen from Finland - delicate, polished, elegant. Remind me of Paul/Islam.

Do they have chance to medal at Europeans in few years? Thoughts?

Giselle

Medalist
Lorenz/Polizoakis really stood out to me, they have a lot of potential and they are in good hands with Igor ;)
All of the others are more top 10 material for now IMO.

Tina Garabedian and Simon Proulx-Sénécal surprised me as well. I think they don't have the SD minimum for Worlds so they can't go but I found them very elegant.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Garabedian and Proulx-Sénécal are new this season, as are Lorenz & Polizoakis. Polizoakis has only changed to ice dance this year! I have always liked Spodirev & Kaliszek. I have high hopes for all 3 teams.

brushalley

On the Ice
Country
United-Kingdom
I think Stepanova/Bukin definately.They're super consistent have a great look good strong elements.All they need is better programmes.They don't seem to have a great many fans ' but I have always liked them ever since they caught my eye in juniors.I think with better music themes they are getting better all the time.They are way more interesting than Sinitsina/Katsalapov:biggrin:
On the lower ranked teams I thought the Polish team were quite impressive.

Last edited:

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
SinKats all the way:yay:

also Tina GARABEDIAN is everything:luv17:
& also Tobias/Tkachenko is skated to full potential is exciting!

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
I agree with those who mentioned Lorenz/Polizoakis, Tobias/Tkachenko, and Stepanova/Bukin, although S/B have kind of already "made it" with their bronze last season. A team I liked from the junior ranks who could also be Euro medalists in the future are Marie-Jade Lauriault and Romain Le Gac of France.

brushalley

On the Ice
Country
United-Kingdom
blue_idealist;1371342 A team I liked from the junior ranks who could also be Euro medalists in the future are Marie-Jade Lauriault and Romain Le Gac of France.[/QUOTE said:
Oh yes they are good! Very smooth.