Skaters who have improved Skating Skills | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Skaters who have improved Skating Skills

lavender

Record Breaker
It's crazy but Hanyu's skating skills improved from the Olympics to now. I noticed it last year and that's when I become a fan.

Javi's improved from last year to this year and now I'm a fan.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
I think Javi has improved but not as much as he is being given credited for but wow what a personality. Hanyu has improved but the same as Javi. I do think Ashley has made huge leaps unlike Mirai who seems to have lost some of the depth of her edges. I am not sure she has improved but I watched Kaetlyn Osmond and she is sort of like another Canadian Rochette. Maybe really underestimated as to the pcs side and in particular skating skills and choreography. Wonderful edges, deep, secure, solid skating. Nam has made strives too. And Rippon from when he first hit the senior scene has really improved the quality of his skating too. I think we will soon see strives in Jin. But I will say one thing as an uber skating fan (self professed lol) I am a little concerned about the up the ante in especially pais and men. I thought it was exciting but now I am not so sure. The tricks are becoming so key. Ironically COP may doing exactly the opposite of what it intended in respect to well rounded skating (in part because there is a ceiling on pcs -so the differentiation between skaters is not as great as it perhaps should be.

oat

On the Ice
Sorry i'm not english so when people say skating skills what is it really ?
speed ? effortless ? slide ? floating ?
For me it's these 4 elements but am I right ?

Thanks

gkelly

Record Breaker

Yes, and the depth and security of the edges.

The Skating Skills component score also takes into consideration the amount of one-foot skating and multidirectional skating (both backward and forward, both clockwise and counterclockwise).

petitebrie

On the Ice

Thanks

-> Here is a playlist of ISU's own instructional videos on marking the skating skills component.