Tatiana Totmianina & Alexei Yagudin Married | Golden Skate

Tatiana Totmianina & Alexei Yagudin Married

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Just saw a post by International Figure Skating magazine on Facebook saying that it was announced today that 2006 Olympic Pairs champion Tatiana Totmianina (ISU Bio with Maxim Marinin) and 2002 Olympic Men's champion Alexei Yagudin (ISU Bio) have got married.

https://www.facebook.com/figureskat...526601.278550292537/10154551212822538/?type=3

I haven't seen any stories about the wedding anywhere else yet.

According to her Wikipedia page, they got engaged at the start of 2009, and their daughter Liza arrived towards the end of the same year. They had a second daughter, Michèle, last October.

Congratulations to them both!!! :cheer: :clap: :rock: :party2: :hb:

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

koatcue

Medalist
Country
Russia
Congrats but how is that news? They are long term partners and I thought them be married, especially given their children:confused:

Snow Crash

Spectator
I'm not quite sure about Russian traditions, but in several European countries it's very common for a couple to live together for many years and have children before getting married.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
He finally put a ring on it. Congrats to them both! TBH I thought they were already married.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Congrats but how is that news? They are long term partners and I thought them be married, especially given their children:confused:

It's news because, although they were a family, they weren't actually married before! ;)

TBH I thought they were already married.

It is only really since I joined this forum that I started hearing things about skaters' personal lives. So, I didn't know they were together. But, if I had, I think I would have assumed the same... :slink:

That's why I started the thread, to let people know that they had now finally made it official. :agree:

He finally put a ring on it.

:laugh:

Very good, demarinis5! :clap: :points:

Now I'm going to have a certain Beyoncé song stuck in my head! (Well, it's better than the Four Continents highlights jingle, so thank you! ;) :laugh: )

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

noskates

Record Breaker
Congratulations to them. They have beautiful daughters and Alexei seems very devoted to his family. May they have a long and wonderful life together. Alexei is one of my all-time favorite figure skaters.

gammarae

Rinkside
Congratulations to them. They have beautiful daughters and Alexei seems very devoted to his family. May they have a long and wonderful life together. Alexei is one of my all-time favorite figure skaters.

He is one of mine as well. I am glad to hear they are leading such a happy life together.

Ares

Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Congrats to them :)

Alexei is my favourite solo skater of all time, It was because of his exciting programs in the late 90s and Anissina / Peizerat in ice dancing that made me fall in love with this sport as a kid.

Last edited:

Plisskin

Medalist
I thought they were already married tbh, lol. Congrats to them.
Alexei is and will always be my favorite male skater of all time. Back then when it was Plushenko vs Yagudin I was team Yagudin all the way! Lol. I still go back and re-watch his programs. I always LOVED his signature...what do you call it? He would run or skip down the ice in a straight line? Not sure what it was called but I loooved that, lol.

Last edited:

YagsFan

On the Ice
I have found my people!! I, too, was always and always will be team Yagudin:) (so much so that perhaps that has something to do with my utter lack of appreciation of Plushenko to this day, lol) Anyway, great to know you folks are here with me!
And many good wishes to Yags and Tatiana and their family!

figuristka

Medalist
Lovely. She looked emotional a little. Thought they were already married and didn't realize about second daughter. They just get better with age. Congrats to them. Glad it was not back in 2002 when i had my mad crush on him haha.

GypsyFe

On the Ice
Back when Yagudin was doing all that wonderful skating, I had the privilege of sitting at the rink & watching him train every day with Tatiana Tarasova...along with her other skaters...but his work was awesome. At that time Morosov also worked with her & he seemed to do much of the dance/refining of all programs. Was sorry when the group moved back to Conn.

stella luna

Final Flight
Lovely. She looked emotional a little. Thought they were already married and didn't realize about second daughter. They just get better with age. Congrats to them. Glad it was not back in 2002 when i had my mad crush on him haha.

He is still a cutie. What a nice looking couple.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
I remember him bringing home the toys on Chinese ice for his daughter.

Interesting ceremony including the presentation of bouquets and gifts to the bride, and a lovely black dress.

They are already in a long and evidently happy relationships, so I wish them many many more years.