cant figure out how to change my custom title | Golden Skate

cant figure out how to change my custom title

Longhornliz

Final Flight
Somehow I was able to change my custom title in the old format for the forum... but I cant find the option as described in the FAQ anymore. Any suggestions on how I can stop being miss 4.0?

I hope this doesn't mean your grade point average slipped! :laugh:

Click on User CP (first button on the left at the top of the page)
Edit profile (on the left)
Type in the new custom title
Click Reset (to the right)

Mathman

Longhornliz

Final Flight
Dont worry mathman, I'm still rocking the 4.0.... I'm just tired of gloating about it!!! I might be a little slow, but on my edit options screen I dont see custom title as a choice?

Last edited:
From the User Control Panel go to "Edit Profile," not "Edit Options." Custom User Title is the second field on the right.:)

Longhornliz

Final Flight
Ok, so I swear custom title isnt there... when I go to edit profile, here are the options I have to choose from: Email/password, birthdate, homepage url, Instant messaging, biography, locations, interests, occupation.

I looked under edit options, edit password, edit avitar, and edit signature... Is it possible I have it configured so that I cant change it?

I will work on this. For a GS member in your category (more than 100 posts) you should see "Custom User Title" under Optional Information just above "Birth Date." I'll get back to you.

MM

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
that IS odd..... because I am having no problems finding it... hmmmmmmm maybe it's another bug in teh system

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Mathman said:
I will work on this. For a GS member in your category (more than 100 posts) you should see "Custom User Title" under Optional Information just above "Birth Date." I'll get back to you.

MM

Are you therefore saying that you have to reach 100 posts first in order to have the option of using a custom user title?

lil lion 816

Rinkside
I didn't see that option to change my custom title either, but I believe I remember reading the rules and regs back when I first joined GS and it said you could get your own custom title at 100 posts. :)

Liz, Paula is working on the problem. It should be fixed soon.

Hi, iluvtodd. The custom titles work like this. As you get more posts, the Forum gives you a default title. Like right now yours is "Tripping on the podium." When you get to the next level (I think it's 75) you will be a "medalist." When you get 100, the default will say "Custom title." Then you will (when Paula gets it fixed) automatically be able to see the custom title field on your profile, and you can make up a custom title for yourself.

MM

Longhornliz

Final Flight
Thanks Mathman!! And hooray Paula and all the other mods and webmasters that put work into this forum!!!

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Ok!

If you have 100+ posts, you should be able to edit your Custom User Title in your profile under "Edit Profile".

If you continue to have problems with this feature, please post here so I can look into it.

Shmuzzy

On the Ice
Longhornliz said:
Ok, so I swear custom title isnt there... when I go to edit profile, here are the options I have to choose from: Email/password, birthdate, homepage url, Instant messaging, biography, locations, interests, occupation.

I looked under edit options, edit password, edit avitar, and edit signature... Is it possible I have it configured so that I cant change it?

I have this exact same problem! Can somebody help me out? Thanks!

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Are you checking the "reset box" next to the Custom User Title? If so, don't.

I need to know step-by-step what happens when you try to edit your Custom User Title and what you see.

Shmuzzy

On the Ice
On the "edit profile" page I see "Email and Password", "DoB", "Homepage URL", "Instant Messaging" and "Additional Information". Alas, there is no sign of anything mentioning "Custom User Title":no:

I have also looked in all the other "editing" sections to no avail. :cry:

Hopefully there is answer out there somewhere! Thanks again for your time.

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I believe I have this fixed. Please try again and let me know if everything works ok?

RoaringMice

On the Ice
Like others, when I go into the appropriate place, there's no option for "custom title" or anything related to that. Can you fix it or help me? I'm over the 100 posts. Thanks!