Any Rhythmic Gymnastics Fans Here? | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Any Rhythmic Gymnastics Fans Here?

thoakun

Final Flight
Didn't think that there's a RG thread here. I follow RG on and off, so far I have only 2 favorites: Anna Bessonova and Alina Maksymenko. None of the gymnast of this quad struck me the same way as them, although I'm smitten by Melina Staniouta and Ganna Rizatdinova to a lesser extent.
Where are everyone's go-to resources for RG? I only know of rsg.net, but it's nowhere as extensive and widely-participated as goldenskate. Another problem for me is that I can't find an RG video with good English commentary :drama:, so my knowledge of RG is still as rudimentary as ever.

ines42575

On the Ice
Country
Uruguay
I love RG!!!! My favourite gymnasts are Son-Yeon and Averina Twins (Dina and Arisha) I have tickets first row for Rio at the Individual All-Around final!!!! I canot wait. I also enjoy Pazhava and Melitina

Layback11

Record Breaker
I love RG!!!! My favourite gymnasts are Son-Yeon and Averina Twins (Dina and Arisha) I have tickets first row for Rio at the Individual All-Around final!!!! I canot wait. I also enjoy Pazhava and Melitina

You have front row tickets for RG at the Olympics? :jaw: that is incredible! Post lots in this thread while you're there! :yes:

ines42575

On the Ice
Country
Uruguay
Be sure I will. Living in Uruguay must have any advantage, in this case tickets for us are waaay more cheaper than for non MERCOSUR members.
I have tickets for the event I allready said, but also for some Gymnastics apparatus Finals, Sinchronised Swimming, Tennis and Athletics. This is going to be the best family trip on history!!!!! Actually it is because of my 18th b-day (almost a month ago) and my parents 50 b-day

Last edited:

ines42575

On the Ice
Country
Uruguay
Didn't think that there's a RG thread here. I follow RG on and off, so far I have only 2 favorites: Anna Bessonova and Alina Maksymenko. None of the gymnast of this quad struck me the same way as them, although I'm smitten by Melina Staniouta and Ganna Rizatdinova to a lesser extent.
Where are everyone's go-to resources for RG? I only know of rsg.net, but it's nowhere as extensive and widely-participated as goldenskate. Another problem for me is that I can't find an RG video with good English commentary :drama:, so my knowledge of RG is still as rudimentary as ever.

You can take a look at IceSkating and Ritmica forum, it is from Italy. There is an option to translate the whole site into several languages. As for commentarists in English, in the FIG youtube channel there was an English coverage of the last World Championships, the ones held in Stuttgart. Hope this info helps.

thoakun

Final Flight
You can take a look at IceSkating and Ritmica forum, it is from Italy. There is an option to translate the whole site into several languages. As for commentarists in English, in the FIG youtube channel there was an English coverage of the last World Championships, the ones held in Stuttgart. Hope this info helps.

Thank you so much :thank:. I did stumble on Ritmica and it seems to be informative but then I totally forgot about it since it's Italian. Will try the translation tool. IIRC the English commentary on the FIG channel was done by a former British gymnast who participated in the Olympics 1992 but I don't think she provided enough technical details. I want to learn more about difficulties, elements and understand why the gymnasts' executions are scored the way the are. I suppose the reason why there're not many helpful resources and forums about RG in English is because no American gymnast is successful enough to garner attention, although Laura Zeng is gradually building a name for herself.

Does anyone like group RG? I even prefer it to the individual discipline in some ways :yahoo:.

Last edited:

ines42575

On the Ice
Country
Uruguay
Does anyone like group RG? I even prefer it to the individual discipline in some ways :yahoo:.[/QUOTE]

Not really, I found it reaally more complex than individual RG

Abraxis12345

Final Flight
I prefer group rhythmic as well. It's also the only event where Russia isn't automatically guaranteed a gold.

thoakun

Final Flight
Very impressed by Laura Zheng , who has become so much more polished since Worlds 2015. Everyone else also did excellent jobs. Looking forward to the day when RG becomes more mainstream.

sneakers

Match Penalty
Final Season's best in All-around heading to the Rio Olympics

LIST OF 2016 SEASONS BEST UNDER 70+ MARK ! (UPDATED)
* red mark denotes NOT going to Olympics as for the 2 gymnast per country rule, only Russia and Belarus qualified 2 rhythmic gymnasts

1 Margarita Mamun (RUS) - 77.150 (Baku World Cup)
2 Yana Kudryavtseva (RUS) - 77.050 (Baku World Cup)

3 Aleksandra Soldatova (RUS) - 75.850 (Baku World Cup)
4 Ganna Rizatdinova (UKR) - 75.299 (European Championships)
5 Son Yeon Jae - (KOR) 74.900 (Kazan World Cup)
6 Melitina Staniouta (BLR) - 74.600 (Brno Grand Prix)

7 Dina Averina (RUS) - 74.050 (Berlin World Cup)
8 Arina Averina (RUS) - 73.600 (Bucharest Grand Prix)

9 Salome Pazhava (GEO) - 73.433 (European Championships)
10 Kseniya Moustafaeva (FRA) -73.350 (Baku World Cup)
11 Katsiaryna Halkina (BLR) - 73.150 (Berlin World Cup)

12 Victoria Filanovsky (ISR) - 73.082 (European Championships)
13 Veronica Bertolini (ITA) - 72.600 (Baku World Cup)
14 Marina Durunda (AZE) - 72.550 (Kazan World Cup)

15 Linoy Ashram (ISR) - 72.074 (European Championships)
16 Carolina Rodriguez (ESP) - 72.049 (European Championships)
17 Neviana Vladinova (BUL) - 71.807 (European Championships)

18 Elizaveta Nazarenkova (UZB) - 71.450 (Asian Championships)
19 Kaho Minagawa (JPN) - 71.350 (Guadalajara World Cup)
20 Neta Rivkin (ISR) - 71.350 (Tashkent World Cup)

21 Karina Kuznetsova (RUS) - 71.200 (Tashkent World Cup)
22 Ekaterina Volkova (FIN) - 71.000 (Baku World Cup)
23 Varvara Filiou (GRE) - 70.950 (Kazan World Cup)
24 Laura Zeng (USA) - 70.900 (Kazan World Cup)
25 Ana Luiza Filorianu (ROU) - 70.750 (Bucharest Grand Prix)

26 Katrin Taseva (BUL) - 70.600 (Baku World Cup)
27 Nicol Ruprecht (AUT) - 70.550 (Brno Grand Prix)
28 Sabina Ashirbayeva (KAZ) - 70.500 (Asian Championships)
29 Anastasiya Serdyukova (UZB) - 70.100 (Tashkent World Cup)

30 Patricia Bezzoubenko (CAN) - 70.100 (Baku World Cup)

Last edited: