dead computers! | Page 2 | Golden Skate

dead computers!

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
"Liz, I had trouble with Norton". I had McAfee before and had nothing but trouble and now have Norton and am having nothing but trouble. What really annoys me even more is the fact they both charge you if you call them.

Piel, you could try this. Go to IE > Tools > Internet Options > Avanced. Check "Disable script debugging" and uncheck "Display a notification about any script error." Then run your spyware and adware programs.

If you do a Google search on "runtime error" there are about a zillion pages offering help with this problem!

Kateri, thanks for the link to AVG. I think I'll give it a try.

Mathman :)

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
I had trouble with Nortons on my old computer which ran Windows 98.....I was told that 98 was most of the problem, that it was unstable. I have Nortons on my new computer (it's one year old)...which runs Windows XP and have had no problems.............it may the be Windows program that is running on your computer that is causing the problem, and not Nortons........just a thought....42

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
Thanks everyone. I spent the evening on the phone with the lovely tech support "family"..We ended up reloading Windows which seems to have helped everything (the Runtime Error was just one of several annoying things) except the address bar for Internet Explorer for some reason has "C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\notfound.html" listed in the drop down menu???

OK I just noticed that the : \ is showing up as :\ here because of the emoticons.

Last edited:
Thanks for the tip, Show42. I am running Windows ME and a Corporate Version of Norton, which is really designed for big office networks, so there may be an incompatibility problem.

Mathman

Kasey

Medalist
my computer crapped out on me this past week...had to buy a new one. Oh well...I guess these things DO happen!

Kasey