• Stehpane Lambiel

Votes: 25 15.5%
  • Jeffery Buttle

Votes: 34 21.1%

• Total voters

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
I voted for Jeff. I am eagerly looking forward to seeing his new programs in the up coming season.

BigSk8Fan

Rinkside
Hello everyone. Great forum.

I just wish they had "Other" in the selection. In addition to loving Lambiel's skating, I also like Kevin Van Der Perren of Belgium. I felt Lambiel should have gotten the bronze at Worlds. And Kevin is an absolute cutie pie.

Happy July 4.

Vash01

Medalist
Tim Goebel

I have not given up on him. I hope he will be back with strong jumps and better artistry.

Plushenko is my favorite but since he is not on this list, I will go for Timmy.

soogar

Record Breaker
I voted for Tim. I'm not a big fan of his skating but I really like how he doesn't make any excuses when he skates poorly. Even in this year's nationals, he had a good reason for skating poorly, he still refused to blame his injury saying that everything felt fine out there. There's no bull with Tim.

My all time fave is Yevgeny.

jesslily

Final Flight
I don't know why Plushenko is not on the list. If he is on the list, I vote him. He should be. My next choice is Johnny Weir.

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
From the listed ones my favourite is Stephane Lambiel, and second place tie for Jeffrey Buttle and Johnny Weir.

Marjaana

figure8fan17

Rinkside
Favorite Men's skater

Finallly, a non- russian men's skater poll! (no offense meant to those who love russian skaters- I do admire them, but in my opinion, it's very interesting to see a poll without Russian skaters)
Anyways..I say either Lambiel or Joubert (both are really cool skaters! ;) ) But if I was forced to choose, I'm sure I couldn't decide which one. I admire them both so much.

nicole_l

Final Flight
Stephane Lambiel.
Honestly, I like all of the skaters in the poll, but I think that Lambiel is one of the more complete packages. He reminds me of Ryan Jahnke.

shine

Record Breaker
How is it possible to choose just ONE male skater as your favourite?
I mean, this is not pairs after al... ;)

diamondqueen

On the Ice
Favorite Male Skater

My favorite male skater is not on this list. Brian Boitano is my all time favorite male skater.

diamond :love:

sk8a_grl

Rinkside
jeff buttle is definitely the best out of those choices that were given..unlike most skaters...its not all about the jumps for him....he could beat all those guys with his artistic alone...and his spins are amazing as well...hes gonna rule in this new system!!!

Last edited:

Matt

On the Ice
This one was hard, b/c I'm a big fan of 3 of the 4, lol

I chose Jeff Buttle. His Phillip Glass programme this year has the most amazing original choreography I have ever seen. He could just stop jumping today, skate only choreography and spin, and I wouldn't complain ;)

<--------------------------------------That guy is still on of my favourites, however. Very musical, very intelligent with his choreography (it actually has something to do with the music he's skating to....gasp!!), and he's Swiss, so you know the spins are incredible (BTW, if you edit the post and want to be totally correct about it, his first name is Stéphane....hold the Alt key and hit 0233 on the number pad to get the accent mark)

Joubert's good too. His style is really uninspired, but he just looks so boy-next-door, you just want him to do well

doubleaxelcm

On the Ice
Joe, you really seem to be a fan of Stephane! Any specific reason why? I go for Jeff Buttle. Love his innovative choreography this year.

ceg15

On the Ice
Jeff Buttle all the way!!!!! :rock:

I agree with doubleaxelcm, Stefan L and Takeshi H should be in the poll! :)

Weiry

Rinkside
I chose Jeff Buttle as my favourite

BUT

Johnny Weir is the next best thing!!

I am not a big fan of any European male skaters right now.
Kinda blah for me since Yags left. :cry: