Who do you think will be a member of the Mens TEAM USA Turin 2006 | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Who do you think will be a member of the Mens TEAM USA Turin 2006

Team USA for Turin 2006

• Timothy Goebel

Votes: 31 63.3%
  • Johnny Weir

Votes: 47 95.9%
  • Evan Lysack

Votes: 19 38.8%
  • Matt Savoie

Votes: 5 10.2%
  • Ryan Jyanke

Votes: 9 18.4%
  • Michael Weiss

Votes: 21 42.9%

• Total voters

shine

Record Breaker
My biggest hope is of course to see both Tom Dickson's boys--Matt Savoie and Ryan Jahnke--on the team. I just absolutely adore these two and think that their skating and programs are as good as anyone in the world. Johnny Weir will almost a lock for the team IMO.
But unfortunately, the team will probably be Weir, Weiss and Goebel. :(

isk8nbessy

Rinkside
Well it's hard to say since the Oly's are two years away. But the only only one i'm sure about is johnny. I don't think he'll have a problem making the team, I don't think he'll have a problem making the top 6 at the Oly's either. I'm thinking granted nobody have injuries,, I'm gonna say Tim, and if Ryan Bradley can hold it together and get consistent, he could make it as well. but he's the dark horse. I don't think Michael will do well at nationals so the only way he will make it , is if he gets a gift from the judges. And who knows, by then, we could be using the COP.

euterpe

Medalist
The Olympics are less than 19 months away, or 1.5 seasons, not too soon to speculate about. Weir, Goebel and Weiss look like possibilities right now, but both Goebel and Weiss are shaky. Goebel needs to get back into competitive shape, and quickly. This coming season will tell a lot as to whether he will be a contender once again or a has-been. Weiss--well, the only hope HE has is if the younger men (Lysacek, Brauninger) don't develop good competition quads, and Jahnke and Bradley remain inconsistent. Weiss's quad is about as good as it's ever going to be. At 28, he is not going to relearn his technique.