Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: "The Notebook" - SEE THIS MOVIE!

A few friends and I are going to see this movie tomorrow night, I cannot wait to see 2 fellow Londoners ( proud to say that gotta brag )

I hear kleenex's are a must!!

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~ Ladskater's Avatar

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by RealtorGal
    Lad, Rachel McAdams is the young female star from Canada. Gena Rowlands plays the older Allie. It's now Sunday morning, and I'm STILL misty-eyed over this film! It was just so incredibly touching.
    Oops! I think I must have been tired when I replied. I meant Rachel McAdams. I have seen the movie, now and yes, it was a very touching movie. There was not a dry eye in the theatre. I thought James Garner and Gena Rowlands really brought the story home at the end. I also thought the scenery and music added to the film. The photography was beautiful.

A much better movie than I anticipated.

Custom Title
    I finally saw this movie today. My hairdresser had recommended it. She said, "You will like it" and I did. It was a bit senitmental but it was a very touching love story. I don't give away too much, so I won't say much, but the cinematography, acting, music was wonderful. I was totally absorbed in the story. I did not cry but it was hard not to get misty eyed toward the end, as the story unfolded. By far this is the best movie of 2004. I am one of those who absolutely AVOID watching Spiderman type movies. Most movie trailors have been terrible - all I see is stupid jokes, violence, or wars, and lots of special effects. It was very nice to watch something with human emotions, and nature.

Fan of The Incomparable Sonja Henie Glacierskater's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Joesitz
    No problem LH. I just don't like stupid comedies and stupid dramas for that matter. I'm usually at a Josh Bell concert or a Kirov Ballet visit or better still a Mets game than spend time in a movie house with films I know I wont enjoy.

To each his own.

Joe
    Joe,

How often is Josh Bell in your area? I love him. I wish that I could say that I am usually attending one of his concerts, so rare it is that he happens this way.

BTW...I love Sandler as well.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2