Best of the Grand Prix | Golden Skate

Best of the Grand Prix

ATW27

On the Ice
I've got kind of an odd question to ask, so here goes - of all the Grand Prix events this past season (03/04), which one would you say were the best of all, in terms of the skaters involved and the general level of skating (in other words, I'm not looking for answers along the lines of "Skate Whatever, because so-and-so won"). And I mean the best of the whole series, including the Final. I ask because I want to show a friend one of the GP events, so she can see want they are like, and I want to show her only the best. So, what would you pick as best event of the 2003/04 Grand Prix series? Thanks. :)

A. White

Zanzibar

Final Flight
Grand Prix Final - Colorado Springs to see Emanuel Sandhu in both the SP and the LP and the surprise outcomes of the ladies and mens events.

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The ladies event at Skate America. The top four ladies were really good - Sasha, Jenny Kirk, Shizuka, & Amber Corwin. This was the competition in which Jenny "brought the house down," :love: following Sasha's strong performance. We were fortunate enough to attend the whole Saturday part of Skate America, so we got to see the excitement firsthand. :)

shine

Record Breaker
I'd say Skate Canada was the overall best GP event last year. So many of my favorites were there and we got to see some of the best programs of the year at SC for the first time (D/S's Handel comes to mind). Only the pairs comp was slightly boring, but then I've never been a big pairs fan.

PrincessLeppard

~ Evgeni's Sex Bomb ~
Final Flight
While the results of the Grand Prix Final were surprising, the skating wasn't really that great, due to the event being held at altitude. You might show her Fumie, Shizuka, Evgeni, Eman and Kevin from that event (though Kevin not being able to catch his breath after his skate will show you just how difficult it was to skate up there).

I totally agree about the ladies from Skate America. That was awesome. Don't let Sasha's inflated scores fool you, Jenny was much closer to her than they indicate.

Men's event from Skate Canada was great, Kevin coming from last to fifth (? I think?) in the free skate with that amazing program, Evgeni was great, Jeff was awesome.... I haven't watched the tapes in a while, but I think there were more great skates, too.

I'm not much of a pairs or dance fan, so I will let those with superior knowledge comment on those events.

Laura :)

soogar

Record Breaker
In general I always had a soft spot for Trophee Lalique and the NHK Trophy. I partially think it's because of the trophy for Lalique (will the event still commission the award from Lalique now that Lalique is no longer sponsoring it?) and the NHK's men's event always seems to be a good one.

ATW27

On the Ice
Okay, some have picked whole competitions overall..... Skate Canada, Trophee Lalique, NHK Trophy, and the Grand Prix Final.

And others have choosen individual fields in different competitons. This is what the selections made by posters are -

Pairs: Cup of China

Men: Skate Canada

Ladies: Skate America and short program from Cup of China

One thing missing - no one has suggested one for dance. So, part two - which dance competition on the GP series this past season (03/04) would you recommend as the best of the series?
Also, do you agree with the above suggestions?
Thanks.

Andy W.