Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: What skaters do you have a feeling will BOMB next season? (under CoP or in general)

[QUOTE=BigSk8Fan]
    Quote Originally Posted by Ptichka

.Amber Corwin will suffer. At 4C's this year Peter Carruthers and Susie Wynne said she'd suffer under the new system. They used CoP at the Nebelhorn Trophy and she didn't do so well, mainly because of her cheated jumps and ugly laybacks. She doesn't hold her spirals for very long, and Jesus Christ, she's been competing as long as Kwan and her spirals are those of a junior lady. Her footwork is quite clunky too.
    I can never understand how one can judge a skater based on 1 performance. There are a number of skaters who are inconsistent (names withheld so we don't go off what I am saying). Peter and Susie said that based on the one competition. They probably changed their tune at the Nationals.

My question remains to all: Do you judge a skater on one competition only either the best or worst?

And BigSkate - Please don't bring in the deity of any religion into the thread. There are many ways to say "Blimey".

Joe

Fan of The Incomparable Sonja Henie Glacierskater's Avatar
    Joe you bring up a very good point. If my life was based on my worst or best day, I am afraid that I would come up short either way.

Custom Title
    It sure can be expected that some skaters will "bomb" next season, but I see it not as that serious if they manage to keep e.g. among top five.

I remember Ilia Kulik skating really great in 1995-1996 and in 1996-1997 winning only the Russian Nationals and Japan Open (both though can be considered as big wins). In Olympic season he came back very strongly and with the exception of Skate Canada 1997 he won all the rest (NHK, Russian Nationals, Grand Prix Finals and Olympics). Also the Russian Nationals was a really serious competition as only two male skaters could compete in Olympics.

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by Joesitz
    I can never understand how one can judge a skater based on 1 performance. There are a number of skaters who are inconsistent (names withheld so we don't go off what I am saying). Peter and Susie said that based on the one competition. They probably changed their tune at the Nationals.

My question remains to all: Do you judge a skater on one competition only either the best or worst?

I think BigSkate also referred to other competitions she has been in where she didn't do so great. And I think the Four Continents Championship happened after US Nationals. And I agree with BigSkate about Amber's skating, she is not that good.

And BigSkate - Please don't bring in the deity of any religion into the thread. There are many ways to say "Blimey".

Joe
    Stop being so politically correct.

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by Grgranny
    It just breaks my heart when people use the name of the LORD in vain.
    If you don't like my posts, you don't have to respond to them.

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by Joesitz

Joe
    Please don't tell me what to put in my posts, please. I can't stand it when people try to control the opinions of others. Like I told Granny, if you don't like my posts, please ignore them.

Quote Originally Posted by Ophir
    Stop being so politically correct.
    Nothing wrong with being polite and tactful.

Please don't tell me what to put in my posts, please. I can't stand it when people try to control the opinions of others. Like I told Granny, if you don't like my posts, please ignore them.
    Using inappropriate lanquage is not opinion. You could have voiced the same opinion without using those words.

Besides Joe's a mod and Granny's gotta big ole switch. :D

On the Ice
    I don't think my language was inappropriate.

BigSk8, whatever you can or can't stand you must abide by the fourm guidelines if you want to post here. To review them, click on "Quick Links," then "Forum Guidelines."

Mathman

Master Procrastinator
    I am really interested to see how Irina does under COP. I have always thought of her as a jumper with good edges, but not much else. But like Michelle, I guess no one knows how they will do because they haven't competed under COP yet. Hopefully those skaters who did poorly last year will use their experience to do better under the new system this year.

I am mostly looking forward to this season (with the ladies) because the competition should be so much stiffer (with Michelle and Irina in the mix).

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3