Update on My Mom | Golden Skate

Update on My Mom

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
It is with a heavy heart I am sad to say my mom passed away peacefully last night with family members by her side. My mom was a wonderful person and loved figure skating as much as I did, in fact she took my brother and I to all our practices when we were growing up and was our biggest fan rink side. She loved to watch us skate. She was looking forward to the upcoming worlds. I will miss talking to her about all our favorite skaters. Farewell mom and thanks for everything. I will miss your cheerful smile. :cry:

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I am so sorry for your loss, Ladskater; may her memory, and the memories of your shared love of skating, sustain you during this difficult time.

Franklin99

Medalist
I'm sorry that you lost your mother, but know that you now have a guardian angel with you.

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
So sorry to hear that - losing a parent is never easy, even when they live a long life. I lost my dad last year (he was 81) unexpectedly, so I empathize.

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Very sorry for your loss, Ladskater. May her memory be for a blessing.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Lad, I am so sad to hear of your mom's passing. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Lad, I lost my mom 8 years ago and what I miss most is her "Mama Hugs." When she gave me one, I was the little girl that needed to be comforted and it made me feel like everything was going to be OK. I still talk to her and think of her daily.

Lad, be comforted knowing that this wonderful person was your mom and that she lives on in your heart.

unico

Final Flight
I can't imagine a parent's passing being easy, no matter the age or the circumstances. I'm sorry for your loss, I'm sure that her love lives on within you and all her close ones.

humbaba

Final Flight
Ladskater, I am so sorry you have lost your Mom. It's good that you have lots of wonderful memories of her. Those memories will be a source of comfort in the future.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
No one can replace your Mom, who sounds like she was a wonderful person. My Mom has been battling a number of health problems --flus, Parkinsons--but is doing much better now. So I can totally empathize. My deepest condolences.

deedee1

Record Breaker
I am so sorry to hear that. It's never easy losing a parent.... I know it from my own experiences, too.
May your memories be a source of comfort. Hugs to you.

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States
So so sorry for your loss. You are in my thoughts.... Lost my Mom many years ago yet I think of her every day in every way... May your memories be plentiful, your heart full and love never ending...
"Knowing that - when light has gone - love remains for shining". E. B. Browning

pmidi

Rinkside
I am so sorry for the loss of your mom. May the wonderful memories that you shared together bring you joy and comfort. You and your family are in my prayers.