Any make-up lovers here? | Golden Skate

Any make-up lovers here?

Sorrento

Record Breaker
Hi, I just wanted to start a thread because one of the MUA that I follow is making a free webinar "How to get red carpet skin in real time" this weekend (March 27th 2016) and maybe there are people who would like to join and watch some red carpet technique and ask some questions live. Her name is Harriet Hadfield, she's British, she's my second to Lisa Eldridge favorite British MUA and I think she is brilliant.

I love that she does different kinds of looks on real girls looking just like you and me, she also has some star guests on her channel and some vlogs too. She does red carpet, editorials as well as day to day looks and posts on her Youtube channel. She has also a website which has a newsletter subscription with monthly giveaways.

And she also has a first e-course for those who wants to learn the real skill- "All About The Base". So if you are interested- you can enlist too.

Actually I don't wish that this would be a single promo post- maybe some of GS posters have their favorite make-up artists blogs or channels to share. Or maybe discuss modern trends in make-up, make-up in figure skating or just any make-up related questions. I am somehow sure that we figure skating fans don't only admire beautiful girls of this sport but also love to wear the make-up too and maybe recreate some looks on ourselves- am I right?
So if you feel like talking about the subject- please come and join!:)

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I love the idea of wearing makeup more often, but I'm so lazy! I do indulge in a few things like black liquid eyeliner. :)

I know there are like a billion YouTube videos out there, but wouldn't mind be pointed to one that gives the basics. I'll check out the links you recommended!

Last edited:

Sorrento

Record Breaker
I love the idea of wearing makeup more often, but I'm so lazy! I do indulge in a few things like black liquid eyeliner. :)

I know there are like a billion YouTube videos out there, but wouldn't mind be pointed to one that gives the basics. I'll check out the links you recommended!
Aw, that's great! Hope you find it interesting. I am the one who wears different make-up look evey single day- that is how crazy I am.:biggrin:

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada

I hear ya on being lazy. ;) When I was in my teens and early 20s, I wouldn't be caught dead leaving the house without a face full of makeup. Now that I'm 32 I'm lucky if I manage to slap on some mascara, foundation and lipstick before going out the door.

For the past few years I've been getting adult acne on my chin - the really annoying, painful ones that feel like they're ginormous and growing under the skin. :( I wish there was some sort of foundation out there that also works somewhat like acne medication. I have a medicated cover up stick, but that's hardly useful for my entire face, and I have a hard time blending it with my foundation. Anyone have any suggestions or advice?

Sorrento

Record Breaker
I have a medicated cover up stick, but that's hardly useful for my entire face, and I have a hard time blending it with my foundation. Anyone have any suggestions or advice?
Would you like to ask this question to Harriet? She actually is seeking for a person who would model for her video related to this issue. Try to ask her on Twitter, she may come with suggestions. She has also a newsletter e-mail where she can answer some questions when she has time. She responded me a question two days ago, I was shocked to be honest cause I thought she just collected questions for her video and webinar or an e-course.

Sorrento

Record Breaker

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Oh cool! That's great timing, I was considering sending her a message like you said, and then boom, there's the answer. :) Thanks. I'll check it out.

Sorrento

Record Breaker
I would like to update this thread today with a funny clip from a MUA Nikkie Tutorials from Netherlands. It was posted a while ago and I found it absolutely fantastic.
Take Your Make-Up To Another Level;)
If you are looking for make-up with lots of contouring and blingbling- she is your artist. She posts lots of videos on popular demands on current music stars and their videos or Red Carpet events and she is a huge fan of RuPaul's Drug Race so she does some drug inspired make-up too.

I know it's a happy day for most of those who have fan on April's Fool Day but I want to ask those who go to her channel leave only positive comments as her family is going through a very tough moment in their life as her young brother of 11 years old is fighting cancer.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I would like to update this thread today with a funny clip from a MUA Nikkie Tutorials from Netherlands. It was posted a while ago and I found it absolutely fantastic.
Take Your Make-Up To Another Level;)
If you are looking for make-up with lots of contouring and blingbling- she is your artist. She posts lots of videos on popular demands on current music stars and their videos or Red Carpet events and she is a huge fan of RuPaul's Drug Race so she does some drug inspired make-up too.

I know it's a happy day for most of those who have fan on April's Fool Day but I want to ask those who go to her channel leave only positive comments as her family is going through a very tough moment in their life as her young brother of 11 years old is fighting cancer.

This was so fun! Thank you for sharing.

Today was my birthday, and I got to do a Bobbi Brown makeover. It was so fun. I splurged on a few fun makeup pieces. :)

Foundation stick

Creamy Lip Color (in Italian Rose)

Eyeshadow stick (in Golden Pink)

New year, new makeup! :)

Sorrento

Record Breaker
This was so fun! Thank you for sharing.

Today was my birthday, and I got to do a Bobbi Brown makeover. It was so fun. I splurged on a few fun makeup pieces. :) New year, new makeup! :)
Happy birthday!:hb: You've got some cool products to use. I love new make-up, one can never have enough of it.:yes:

Sorrento

Record Breaker
Hey guys, today Harriet Hadfield hosts another free webinar about make-up and products and tricks she uses on her famous clients. You can sign up here: https://harrymakesitup.leadpages.co/webinar-registration-rcsirt/ It takes place it 3.5 hours from now.
I have to say that the first webinar was quite informative and Q&A session that took place at the end of it was super good- we could ask our questions and get her answers in seconds. So if you have burning questions- that's the chance to get an answer from a pro.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Too bad my wedding was 7 years ago, LOL.

One thing I'm curious about -- what is everyone's make up routine? I'm still trying to build a routine, but I get in such a rush in the morning -- even waking up several hours before work--somehow I never get around to doing hte makeup. :/

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
My makeup routine basically goes like this:
-moisturize/use serum (depends on my mood)
-use sunscreen
-dab some foundation (a half-pea-sized amount for the entire face lol)
-'correct' areas with concealer
-lightly powder everything up
-use some blush
-tame my eyebrows with a brow mascara
-use lip balm/lip oil

...and that's pretty much it

I don't really use eyeliner or eyeshadow a lot due to sensitivities. I do find myself placing better care on my eyebrows. Also, if I'm really on a rush I would just skip the foundation step entirely.