D+R planning QUAD Axel next season?! | Golden Skate

D+R planning QUAD Axel next season?!

Taan

On the Ice
:eeking:
http://www.thestar.com/sports/skati...t-up-nicely-to-defend-pairs-gold-dimanno.html
Marcotte let the cat out of the bag after his skaters had pulled down a season-best 78.18 score (and standing ovation) with their Your Song routine: They’ve got a quad Axel in the works for next season.
Yes, Duhamel is a fly-through-the-air wonder, a deftness she attributes to her compact, muscular body. (This stubby beer bottle.) Dwarf-tossing, some of us call it.
Marcotte indicated the duo would absolutely include a throw quad in their short program if the rules allowed. They secured a world title last year on the mark-boost of a splendid free skate quad throw Salchow.

Weathergal

Medalist
this article is full of wrongs... show me one with decent knowledge
this one said the chinese were second sochi lol

In addition to having several factual errors, that article is really poorly written. At some points, it's so bad, I'm not even sure WHAT they're talking about. :rolleye:

tulosai

Record Breaker
I also thought this was April fools....

I honestly wish they'd stop trying to add to their tech score at this point and try to focus on their presentation- I don't think they'll ever be truly great artists or that this will ever be their strength, but I also don't think they are near the best they can be, whereas honestly, there isn't much to add now technically.

Bumdid

Record Breaker
So this isn't April Fools? :scratch2: I wonder how they will do that since frankly their Quad Salchow's landing aren't even ideal.

solani

Record Breaker
Country
Austria

I honestly wish they'd stop trying to add to their tech score at this point and try to focus on their presentation- I don't think they'll ever be truly great artists or that this will ever be their strength, but I also don't think they are near the best they can be, whereas honestly, there isn't much to add now technically.
I disagree, the have to up their tech to have a chance of winning the big titles. Because of her stature they're limited artistically, they've already come very far in that regard imho. I don't think there's much room for them to grow artistically. And with Sui/Han's and Stolbova/Klimov's tech content they have to do something. I don't think they can beat either of those teams if they've got the lower tech score.
And they're already doing the quad salchow, if I'm not much mistaken the throw technique for the axel is not so very different. So I don't think it's a joke.
I'm sure she'll be able to control the landing.
I really liked their reaction after the SP, they were really happy about their performance and their score and it didn't seam that they'd any problem with being in 2nd place. That's the spirit!

Taan

On the Ice
OMG they will be untouchable next year with a throw 3axel in the sp......go Eric + Meagan!!! :yahoo:

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker

Honestly, they can focus on their presentation (which IMO they did this season), improve greatly, and people will still bash them because they don't have the "look" of a stereotypical pairs team. Might as well continue to push the technical envelope as they have been doing, which has clearly been key to their success.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
they need all points they can get in the sp since their twist doesn't get level 4 and much goe :)
Lol the quad axel was a joke. But a throw triple axel in the SP is a neat goal for them. Probably not a smart one given how few points it is, but they can make more history so I say go for it.

Layback11

Record Breaker

Should I even believe this?

THIS BREAKS ABOUT 92 LAWS OF PHYSICS, PEOPLE. I DO NOT EVEN KNOW IF THAT IS POSSIBLE.

:jaw: :jaw: :jaw:

:p

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Pardon my digression and immaturity, but I can't stop giggling at how in the article Kirsten MT referred to her and Mike losing levels on their death spiral and step sequence as "sucky". :laugh2:

Back on the main topic, Rosie DiManno is probably one of the worst figure skating journalists ever, and that's even when she's not writing an April fools article...

Last edited:

lyndichee

Medalist
Honestly, they can focus on their presentation (which IMO they did this season), improve greatly, and people will still bash them because they don't have the "look" of a stereotypical pairs team. Might as well continue to push the technical envelope as they have been doing, which has clearly been key to their success.

I agree with that but I would love for them to work on their edges at least. I would love to see more flow coming out of throw jumps. Their elements are good but I would love to see them executed better. Higher 3Tw and hold the edge a little longer in throws would be a very obvious and nice improvement for me:love:

Man I need to get a vegan/yoga lifestyle if this is what Meagan can do. She's seriously one of a kind when it comes to landing these jumps.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
I immediately thought it was an obvious April's Fool story but continued reading some reactions. Clicked the link and sure enough, it was published April 1, 2016.

A good A P joke should not be so obvious. The only bit of remote credibility is due to the the lateness of it being brought to our attention.

eta I really take issue with

Marinaro launching Moore-Towers into the air while slipping to the ice, landing flat on his chest, his partner crashing hard on her left hip with nobody there to catch her.

Marinaro is a poor thrower and lifter and it was a nasty fall suffered by both, especially Christen, but he did catch her and I gave him credit for holding on to her while falling himself until he hit the ice flat.

Last edited:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
or
Crazy Russian-cum-Canuck.
Pardon my digression and immaturity, but I can't stop giggling at how in the article Kirsten MT referred to her and Mike losing levels on their death spiral and step sequence as "sucky". :laugh2:

Back on the main topic, Rosie DiManno is probably one of the worst figure skating journalists ever, and that's even when she's not writing an April fools article...

- - - Updated - - -

she also wrote that S/H were in silver at sochi. ;)
I immediately thought it was an obvious April's Fool story but continued reading some reactions. Clicked the link and sure enough, it was published April 1, 2016.

A good A P joke should not be so obvious. The only bit of remote credibility is due to the the lateness of it being brought to our attention.

eta I really take issue with

Marinaro is a poor thrower and lifter and it was a nasty fall suffered by both, especially Christen, but he did catch her and I gave him credit for holding on to her while falling himself until he hit the ice flat.