Sui/Han SP
Duhamel/Radford FS
Rika Hongo FS
Gracie Gold SP
Ashley Wagner SP
MEDVEDEVA
MAX MAX MAX MAX
BRENDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!
Max being adorable and running over to hug Adam :)
Kolyada!
Shibutanis!
P/C!
Fernandez's LP

JUST WOWWWWWWWWWWW EVERYTHING

friedbanana

End Turandot!
Final Flight
There were soooooooooo many great moments; this was an amazing competition in general.

My favorite moments were Ashley's SP/LP, Mirai's SP/LP, Adam's SP/LP, and the American skaters in general. They killed it on home ice! Also, Hanyu's SP and Fernandez's LP were great. Can't wait for the next season!

MGstyle

Crawling around on the ice after chestnuts
Medalist
I think I will jump on the bandwagon as I just posted this on my facebook timeline...

It came, it happened and now finished. My totally biased and personal list of 10 memorable moments, good and bad.
1. Misha's courageous, beautiful skates in both programmes, dedicated to his grandpa.
2. Deniss announces his arrival to the scene in smashing style.
3. Javi's unbelievable incredible FS
4. Spellbinding top performances from Guillaume & Gabriella + Shibs in FS
5. Pogo's two brilliant programmes together for the bronze
6. Shoma's tears... cry emoticon
7. Beautiful, perfect Zhenya's FS
8. Aljona's strong comeback for the bronze.
9. Shocking fail of Volosozhar & Trankov
10. Kolyada very possibly & deservedly, and finally overtaking Kovtun as the go to guy for Russia.

daphna

On the Ice
Ashley winning the silver and so happy with it is the best moment for me!
LOVE the ladies podium!

Silvia451

Record Breaker
Country
Romania
Programs:
-Papadakis/Cizeron FS
-Shibs FS
-Yuzu's SP
-Javi's FS
-Kolyada's FS
-Gracie's SP
-Anna Pogo's SP
-Ashley's FS
-Evgenia's FS
-Duhamel/Radford FS

Moments:
-Gabi and Guillaume. Everything about them. +Marie France Dubreuil during their performance+ the group hug in the kiss and cry
-Anna Pogo on the podium + the lovely moments with Anna and Evgenia from the green room
-Anna Pogo hugging Ashley at the press conference
-Meagan and Eric having one of the happiest reactions ever. Really, this and this were priceless
-Aliona's flight at the twist:laugh:
-Ksenia's super landings after the throws
-Mao's 3A
-Yuzu's super step seq from SP (which got level3..)
-the crowd at Shibs FS
-Javi, Yuzu and Brian in the green room
-Luca Lanotte's reaction after he saw their FS scores:laugh:
-Gracie's reaction after the SP
-Ashley's reaction after the FS score

andromache

Record Breaker
1. Ashley's fall after the SP. :laugh: ICONIC

All others:
American men kicking LP butt
Ashley's LP and silver medal
Evgenia's LP (Truly gorgeous. Sure she's young, but her interpretation is miles ahead of many others her age, and the program is gorgeous.)
Javi winning when literally everyone (probably even Javi) thought Hanyu had it in the bag
Shibs and P/C performances
Anna bellyflop Pogorilaya skating two clean programs and showing everyone that they can't count her out! Take that, haters!
D/R winning after no one expected it--I'm not their biggest fan, but those performances warranted the win and I LOVE IT when there are surprise wins

Just think about the podium shockers: D/R 1st in pairs, S/M 3rd, Javi 1st in men, Shibs with a silver, Ashley and Anna both on the podium!

Last edited:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
There were lots of moments....

for me what is iconic in a WC are surprises.... because this is what sport is all about.... and confirms the theory that ice is slippery...

for instance Javi's win. NOBODY expected it eventhough he had a good season... it makes it even more special.

Same goes to D/R, after an awful year, they managed to deliver both programs and regain their title.... Last year, people commented that they had won in the absence of the stars of the sport.... this year they won with everyone there...

The good news this year is that all champions skated like champions.... I think most of us can agree that all 4 titles are in the right hands based on how the event was skated

Special elements :

As much as I dislike Tano galore : Sui-Han tano twist !!! WOW!!!!

S/M HUGE twist!!!!!

D/R land the only quad throw!!!! (nobody knows how she stayed up!)

I/M lifts and cantilever death spiral.

G/P creative FD!!! LOVED IT!!!!

BJ's landing quad lutz at WC... first time it was done.

Special moments

Ashley's fight in the LP (still preferred AP though)
Americans doing well at home... important for the sport...

The crowd cheering for all great performances (lots of Canadians and Japanese in there)

I am still getting over :

Nam and Han
Weapo and G/P being ranked so low (sure Weapo had a rough outing... but G/P!!!! OMGGGGG!!!!!)
Patrick having a rough skate after having such a great come back this season
Yuzu :(
Mao's PCS (way too low!)
Shoma's hard fall

KwanIsALegend

Fly On
Medalist
Adam skating clean and strong. He has dealt with demons for so long and it has kept him from the level he should be at. He didn't medal, but it still was a milestone moment in his career. Two, solid skates on an international stage. It is just wonderful to see.
I don't know if he will be back next season, but if he does I hope it is with a quad lz that is 100% and maybe even a triple tacked onto the end of one of his 3 axels. That on top of his artistry and his musicality with be medal worthy for sure.
Ashleys LP definitely, she too has overcome demons. I knew she could medal, I knew she had it in her. She is very determined.
Mirai, of course, she had some rough skates and it was so nice to see her back and skating clean.

Greta

On the Ice
-Deniss V's short program
-Kolyada getting terrible draws and then being amazing
-Javi's long
-the American men in the LP. Good to see such attack from Max and to see Adam enjoying himself and doing well.
-Mirai's SP
-Ashley's LP
-Pogorilaya- no splats! She is a gorgeous skater when you aren't worrying about the splats.
-Zhenya's world record. Her whole performance was really captivating.

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
- Ashley ending the American ladies' 10-year medal drought
- Duhamel and Radford capturing a second world title, to the surprise of many people
- Savchenko and Massot getting bronze their first time out
- Adam Rippon and Max Aaron skating very well in the free, enabling Adam to match his best finish at Worlds ever, 6th
- Javier beating Hanyu, given Hanyu's huge short program lead
- All Canadian pairs finishing in the top 10 even without Canada #2
- Evgenia and Anna's little wave thing on the women's podium, lol
- the Shibutanis finally getting back on the podium

LiamForeman

William/Uilyam
Medalist
Without a doubt, THE moment for me was Ashley's LP. I am so thrilled and so impressed with her. I've been following her since 2008 and wow has she changed. She really has found herself as a skater and artist. I was worried in 2010 that she would never realize her talent, but she made a total change and moved across the country to find her greatness. I've probably watched her LP 20 times. Just so inspiring.

QuadThrow

Medalist
-ashley wagner´s perfomance
-P/C foreever
-Javier´s SP
-Javier´s FP
-Hanyu is a SP-mashine
-no Russian pair on the podium
-Aljona achieved her 9th world medal with the best twist ever. She is the Queen.

Ironic:
-Hao Zhang throws his partner right into the cushion. Old habits never die!

samson

Medalist
Wow so many moments. I feel so lucky to have been there live and seen such intense competition.

- Mirai's skates. Especially the sp and that footwork. It felt a little like a Michelle footwork moment circa '02-'05. Such a moment and to do it in Boston was everything and more. Also Tom Z's leaping at the end of her short. The investment he has shown in helping Mirai reach this point and go further has been wonderful and inspiring to see. Not to mention the crowd roaring over her music before her FS even began!
- Ashley's redemption/World Silver Medal. After the short program I had a feeling she was going to be on the podium. She just looked so calm and in control. She was ready this week.
- Duhamel and Radford's soaring return to World Champion form. With each element is was like a slow exhale of a years worth of tension and that final lift in the long was such an incredible moment.
- The pairs long warmup for the final group. Between the quality of the skating, the competitive history of these teams, and the intensity on the ice it was as thrilling as any skate.
- Yuzu's short. At that point his win felt inevitable. But also his heartfelt and full exhibition. The tears in his eyes said it all.
- Javi's long. One of the greatest skates I have ever seen. The technical prowess and the swagger and connection to his music was awesome. Not to mention the HEAT in the arena rising with the landing of each jump.
- Shibs free dance. Those twizzles and that lift right after them.
- P/C free dance. I did not know if they had it in them to hold off the Shibs, but this week was a statement from them and the judges that this is the standard which all teams will try to reach and the gauntlet has been laid down for Tessa and Scott
- All three US Men in their free skates. With each skate the emotion in the arena went up and up.
- Aliona's return to skating and even more so Aliona and Bruno's exhibition. Great choice of song and a window in to the further potential of this team.

So much more to talk about but man what an event. Extraordinary.