Let's send love to sad skaters | Golden Skate

Let's send love to sad skaters

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
It’s never fun to be reminded why the area where the skaters wait for their scores is called the Kiss&Cry. There were some real heartbreaks at Worlds this year, and unfortunately not all of those broken hearts have big fan bases to support them. So I’m going to post the names of some skaters who looked like they need some extra love right now and how to get in touch with them.

I’m posting the addresses for their federations/home clubs instead if you want to mail them a gift, since I’m not comfortable just posting somebody’s home address without their permission.

If you can think of anyone I missed (I didn’t start keeping this list until the Ladies’ Short), post and I’ll add them. Or if you have any better contact info (not as easy for find for some of them...) please post it.

Laurine Leclavier* SP Video - tulosai has offered help for translations from English to French
CLUB SPORTS DE GLACE GARGES-LÈS-GONESSE (CSG)
Patinoire Val de France
4 allée Jules Ferry
95140 Garges-lès-Gonesse

Joshi Helgesson* SP Video - Official Site - Twitter - Instagram - Facebook
Tibro Konståkningsklubb,
Gymnasiegatan 31,
543 32 Tibro, Sweden

Aleksandr Golovkine* SP Video - Instagram
Kauno Ledo Arena,
42c, LT-44158,
Kaunas, Lietuva

Dasa Grm* SP Video - Instagram
Slovene Skating Union,
Celovška 25, 1000 Ljubljana

Ivan Pavlov* SP Video/FS Video
Ukranian Figure Skating Assosiation
Esplanadnaya str. 42, 01601, Kiev

Shoma Uno* SP Video/FS Video - Official Website
Japanese Skating Federation
Kishi Memorial Hall
Room 414, 1-1-1,
Jinnan, Shibuya-ku
Tokyo 150-8050
Japan

Sumire Suto/Francis Boudreau Audet SP Video
Kishi Memorial Hall
Room 414, 1-1-1,
Jinnan, Shibuya-ku,
Tokyo 150-8050
Japan

Miriam Ziegler/Severin Kiefer SP Video - Facebook - Twitter
Eisunion Salzburg
Hermann-Bahr-Promenade 2
Salzburg 5020
Austria

Mae Berenice Meite SP Video - Twitter - Instagram - Email: [email protected] - tulosai has offered help for translations from English to French
Fédération Française des Sports de Glace
41 rue de Reuilly
F-75012 Paris

Nathalie Weinzierl SP Video - Official Site - Facebook
Deutsche Eislauf-Union e.V.
Menzinger Strasse 68,
D-80992 München,
Germany

June Hyoung Lee SP Video - Twitter
Korean Skating Union
Room #607, Winter Sports Federation Office, Velodrome
424 Olympic road, Songpa-Gu
Seoul 138-749

So Youn Park SP Video/FS Video - Twitter
Korean Skating Union
Seoul 138-749

Maxim Kovtun SP Video/FS Video - Twitter - Instagram
Note: I'm not sure about this address
CSKA Ice Arena
Leningradsky Ave, 39, стр. 41, Moscow, Russia, 125167

Han Yan SP Video - Weibo - bluebamboo has offered help translating English to Chinese
Chinese Skating Assosiation
56 Zhongguancun South Street, Beijing 100044, China

Nam Nguyen SP Video - Twitter - Instagram
Cricket Skating Club
141 Wilson Avenue, Toronto, ON M5M 3A3

Misha Ge SP Video/FS Video - Twitter - Instagram (Actually skated great, but has had a rough year- including the death of a grandfather- and looked pretty down). Quote MG Style:His Japanese fan club on facebook/twitter regularly collects letters for events where he participate, also for his birthday (17th of May), and deliver them to him. Anyone interested might want to contact them.
https://twitter.com/Jfan_MishaGe
Winter Sports Association of Uzbekistan
Room 15, Floor 1, Navoiy Str. 30, 100129 Tashkent

Gracie Gold SP Video/FS Video - Twitter - Instagram - Facebook
Toyota Center
555 N Nash St
El Segundo, CA 90245

Alexa Scimeca/Chris Knierim SP Video/FS Video - Twitter - Official Website
c/o World Arena Ice Hall
3205 Venetucci Blvd.
Colorado Springs, CO 80906

Kailani Craine SP Video - http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?56466-Kailani-Craine (Alex D has offered to pass along well wishes posted there)
Hunter Ice Skating Stadium
230 Macquarie Rd, Warners Bay NSW 2282, Australia

BIG thank you to everyone who's giving suggestions, corrections, information, and offers to translate! :thank:

Last edited:

Weathergal

Medalist
It’s never fun to be reminded why the area where the skaters wait for their scores is called the Kiss&Cry. There were some real heartbreaks at Worlds this year, and unfortunately not all of those broken hearts have big fan bases to support them. So I’m going to post the names of some skaters who looked like they need some extra love right now and how to get in touch with them.

I’m posting the addresses for their federations/home clubs instead if you want to mail them a gift, since I’m not comfortable just posting somebody’s home address without their permission.

If you can think of anyone I missed (I didn’t start keeping this list until the Ladies’ Short), post and I’ll add them. Or if you have any better contact info (not as easy for find for some of them...) please post it. This isn't all the names I have- I'll add more later today- but these were the ones that looked like they really need a hug :(

Laurine Leclavier* SP Video
Patinoire Val de France
4 allée Jules Ferry
95140 Garges-lès-Gonesse
Tibro Konståkningsklubb,
Gymnasiegatan 31,
543 32 Tibro, Sweden
Kauno Ledo Arena,
42c, LT-44158,
Kaunas, Lietuva
Slovak Figure Skating Assosiation,
Záhradnícka 95, 821 08 Bratislava
Ivan Pavlov* SP Video
Kishi Memorial Hall
Room 414, 1-1-1,
Jinnan, Shibuya-ku
Tokyo 150-8050
Japan

That is a very thoughtful idea.

Mae Berenice Miete comes to mind--she's often seen as a contender at GP events and Euros, and she didn't even make it into the free skate (felt so bad for her!)

And, of course, Gracie Gold

Layback11

Record Breaker
I love this idea! I would love to make more of those cards that look people's costumes like I did at worlds, and who better to receive them than these skaters? I will look into doing that. :yes:

sarama

Medalist
Honestly Alexa Scimeca looked sooooo disappointed, she didn't even want to hug poor Chris, and she was litterally speechless in interviews (I would have never thought of using that adjective for Alexa).
Also Ziegler/Kiefer were pretty sad not to make it to the FS after a very positive season

tulosai

Record Breaker
Also, if anyone needs/wants someone to translate any brief(ish) messages into French (from English) for them I can do it if you PM me.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Honestly Alexa Scimeca looked sooooo disappointed, she didn't even want to hug poor Chris, and she was litterally speechless in interviews (I would have never thought of using that adjective for Alexa).
Also Ziegler/Kiefer were pretty sad not to make it to the FS after a very positive season

About Alexa, I just posted in the Gracie Gold thread:

"Alexa Scimeca posted on Twitter about an hour after their free skate "Sorry" with a red heart emoji. I felt so bad.

Three hours later she posted a smiling photo of her and Chris "Life goes on and we're still getting married!" with winky eye and smiley emojis."

Maybe Alexa is feeling better.:)

MGstyle

Crawling around on the ice after chestnuts
Medalist
Misha Ge. He has struggled enormously this season, he injured his ankle and withdrew from 4CC, it was still hurting in Boston but he was determined to skate for his late grandfather. He has done well considering the situation, but his demeanour has drastically changed this season (though it began to show last season, too), compared to a couple of years ago, he looks very sad and somber, no longer the bubbly, exuberant Gangnam Styler. It is rather worrying. I think he needs a big boost from his fans. His Japanese fan club on facebook/twitter regularly collects letters for events where he participate, also for his birthday (17th of May), and deliver them to him. Anyone interested might want to contact them.

Last edited:

double_flip

Rinkside

If you can think of anyone I missed (I didn’t start keeping this list until the Ladies’ Short), post and I’ll add them. Or if you have any better contact info (not as easy for find for some of them...) please post it. This isn't all the names I have- I'll add more later today- but these were the ones that looked like they really need a hug :(

Patinoire Val de France
4 allée Jules Ferry
95140 Garges-lès-Gonesse
Tibro Konståkningsklubb,
Gymnasiegatan 31,
543 32 Tibro, Sweden
Kauno Ledo Arena,
42c, LT-44158,
Kaunas, Lietuva
Slovak Figure Skating Assosiation,
Záhradnícka 95, 821 08 Bratislava
Ivan Pavlov* SP Video
Kishi Memorial Hall
Room 414, 1-1-1,
Jinnan, Shibuya-ku
Tokyo 150-8050
Japan

This is a lovely idea, but Dasa Grm is from Slovenia.

tulosai

Record Breaker
As a note, the best way to send something to a skater is usually to figure out the rink they skate at. If you send it to their rink they are MUCH more certain to get it than if you just send it to a federation, and for most skaters it is possible to figure out their rink with enough work. I'm not proposing ruffledgrouse should do this, but if there is a skater you want to write to or send something to in a physical way, at least try to look for yourself and find their rink, and if possible then share any info you find so the OP can be updated. Often to get this info is as simple as to google the ISU bio,then google the skating club that is listed there for the address. As a note of caution: Some skaters switch clubs in reality but still compete 'for' their old club, particularly in the USA. Be aware of this, and that it is not always enough to check the ISU bio, unfortunately.

As a start to this Ziegler and Kiefer skate at the Eisunion Salzburg and I am certain that they did receive something I sent there once because I was thanked for it. That address is

Hermann-Bahr-Promenade 2
Salzburg 5020
Austria

Generally things should then be addressed to the skater c/o the rink name, and then the address.

Last edited:

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
This is the nicest thread. I hope it earns you maximum good karma points Ruffledgrouse.

I always end up feeling the most sorry for skaters who know that this one bad skate will affect them next year in a negative way (IE GP placements, Funding and support from their federations). I'm always vaguely afraid they might give up or lose hope. :-(

winky97

Medalist

Patinoire Val de France
4 allée Jules Ferry
95140 Garges-lès-Gonesse

Tibro Konståkningsklubb,
Gymnasiegatan 31,
543 32 Tibro, Sweden

Kauno Ledo Arena,
42c, LT-44158,
Kaunas, Lietuva

Slovene Skating Union,
Celovška 25, 1000 Ljubljana

Ivan Pavlov* SP Video/FS Video

Kishi Memorial Hall
Room 414, 1-1-1,
Jinnan, Shibuya-ku
Tokyo 150-8050
Japan

Sumire Suto/Francis Boudreau Audet SP Video
Kishi Memorial Hall
Room 414, 1-1-1,
Jinnan, Shibuya-ku,
Tokyo 150-8050
Japan

Miriam Ziegler/Severin Kiefer SP Video - Facebook - Twitter
Eisunion Salzburg
Hermann-Bahr-Promenade 2
Salzburg 5020
Austria

Mae Berenice Meite SP Video - Twitter - Instagram - Email: [email protected]
Fédération Française des Sports de Glace
41 rue de Reuilly
F-75012 Paris

Nathalie Weinzierl SP Video - Official Site - Facebook
Deutsche Eislauf-Union e.V.
Menzinger Strasse 68,
D-80992 München,
Germany

June Hyoung Lee SP Video - Twitter
Korean Skating Union
Seoul 138-749

So Youn Park SP Video/FS Video - Twitter
Korean Skating Union
Seoul 138-749

Maxim Kovtun SP Video/FS Video - Twitter - Instagram
Note: I'm not sure about this address
CSKA Ice Arena
Leningradsky Ave, 39, стр. 41, Moscow, Russia, 125167

Han Yan SP Video - Weibo
Chinese Skating Assosiation
56 Zhongguancun South Street, Beijing 100044, China

Nam Nguyen SP Video - Twitter - Instagram
Cricket Skating Club
141 Wilson Avenue, Toronto, ON M5M 3A3

Misha Ge SP Video/FS Video - Twitter - Instagram (Actually skated great, but has had a rough year- including the death of a grandfather- and looked pretty down). Quote MG Style:His Japanese fan club on facebook/twitter regularly collects letters for events where he participate, also for his birthday (17th of May), and deliver them to him. Anyone interested might want to contact them.
Winter Sports Association of Uzbekistan
Room 15, Floor 1, Navoiy Str. 30, 100129 Tashkent

Gracie Gold SP Video/FS Video - Twitter - Instagram - Facebook
Does anyone know the name of her club?

Alexa Scimeca/Chris Knierim SP Video/FS Video - Twitter - Official Website
Anyone know their rink?

Gracie Gold's club
Wagon Wheel Figure Skating Club
P.O Box 2542
Crystal Lake, IL 60039

Honestly I felt bad for Elena Radionova, Nam, Mae (who speaks and reads English. I am Facebook friends with her and left her an encouraging post which she acknowledged), oh good pretty much all of them

Last edited:

Alex D

Record Breaker
That is a very kind idea,

I can offer to give skaters a gift from the community, if they are back at Nebelhorn - but only see this as a "last chance" in case you don´t have success reaching them by postal services. Not that I will have 100 teddy bears with me then, that would be a bit difficult :biggrin:

But in general, if the GS community want´s to give a skater something, I can surely make that possible at events like Nebelhorn if they visit us. Dasa will soon get her fan thread from me, you can write her nice things there too if you like and I will give her the link then. But be patient with me please, I still have some reports to finish about Boston.

And of course if you want to say something nice to Kailani, post in her fan thread, I will let her know then. ;) gifts go here

Hunter Ice Skating Stadium

230 Macquarie Rd, Warners Bay NSW 2282, Australia

Last edited:

ice coverage

Record Breaker
... Alexa Scimeca/Chris Knierim ...
Anyone know their rink?

For Scimeca/Knierim, I believe that this mailing address would work:

c/o World Arena Ice Hall
3205 Venetucci Blvd.
Colorado Springs, CO 80906

Gracie Gold ...
Does anyone know the name of her club?

Gracie Gold's club
P.O Box 2542
Crystal Lake, IL 60039

Just my two cents, but as an alternative for sending mail to Gracie, I would look up the address for the Toyota Center.

Thanks to ruffledgrouse :bow: for the thread.

Last edited:

tulosai

Record Breaker
Gracie Gold's club
P.O Box 2542
Crystal Lake, IL 60039

Honestly I felt bad for Elena Radionova, Nam, Mae (who speaks and reads English. I am Facebook friends with her and left her an encouraging post which she acknowledged), oh good pretty much all of them

I would NOT send things there for Gracie. She has NOT trained there for many years and lives far from there. The best would be to try to figure out the rink she actually trains at in California. When sending to a club/rink, it is only a good idea if it's the current club/rink.

tulosai

Record Breaker
If anyone wants to say something positive to Gracie, for better or worse it appears she is checking and being active on twitter, so there would probably be an good way.