Best comeback of the season | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Best comeback of the season

MaxSwagg

Match Penalty
why you would bother criticizing an athlete on social media is beyond me. Maxswagg... wow.

I didn't. It was on TSL Facebook post, also in discussion with Jackie Wong. I said nothing personal or vicious. I even complimented her improvement in the lift positions. She must've been reading everyones tweets and Facebook comments and just decided to reply back to myself and other people. I never pursued her, never even tagged her, so it's not my problem if she goes on social media and chooses to read and then chooses to respond and get's in a tizzy just because someone says her lift positions are not the best and the skating skills need work. Everything I said was harmless, particularly compared to comments other people make about her and other skaters. So you can "wow" all you want. Unlike most people, it appears she can't keep scrolling...

Last edited:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
This is absolutely outrageous! Meagan Duhamel is a crybaby. I have first-hand experience with her as she clapped back because I made several critiques about her skating on social media. I responded right back to her and we kept going until she gave up. The fact that she can't take another person's criticism or opinion shows her mental state, as far as I'm concerned.

i am just going with what you wrote dude

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
maybe she thought you were max t, with your username or daisuke t, with your picture... that would explain it :)
Yes, she responded so I responded right back. She engaged me so I elaborated. It was cordial, though she wasn't happy with my little critique.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'd love to see a transcript of the conversation :devil:

lyverbird1

Final Flight
Sometimes a personal dislike of an athlete enters into a criticism. Maybe it shouldn't, but it's only human nature I suppose. But to deny the dislike has entered into personal territory and not to own the comments one makes about skaters on this forum or any other social media is wrong...

Osmond4gold

Record Breaker
This is absolutely outrageous! Max Trankov has NEVER mentioned let alone attacked Meagan Duhamel, and certainly not on a personal level. The only thing he has criticized is their skating, and it was JUST criticism. Everything he said is true and he's certainly more accomplished and talented than she. If I were him, I would demand a public apology for her blatant defamation on several occasions. He has NEVER said anything personal about any skater and the people who keep spreading these LIES...it's unconscionable! And of course they can never provide proof. Meagan Duhamel is a crybaby. I have first-hand experience with her as she clapped back because I made several critiques about her skating on social media. I responded right back to her and we kept going until she gave up. The fact that she can't take another person's criticism or opinion shows her mental state, as far as I'm concerned. Though I don't know her so I will giver her the benefit of the doubt; however she's shown herself in a very tactless light several times over compared to Maxim Trankov.

As far as comebacks are concerned:

1. Aliona (solely based on her efforts and name, NOT Massot's - got gifted several component points)
2. V/T (fairly consistent throughout the season with quality skating and performance, had to fight through injury)
3. Patrick (started strong, poor short program performances and the one time he did do it fairly well he bombed the FS for which I blame the ice; he also won 4CC and SC)
4. Mao (started strong, unfortunately got sick and didn't have enough time to recoup, though she won CoC and came third at NHK)

Wow Max...new low!

Kittosuni

Medalist
The problem with Meagan Duhamel is not because of her body type or build but its because she lacks good basics and refinement. She has poor body carriage(Radionova problem) and extension (Pogorilaya problem). You can name plenty of skaters with same body type like her(Sui) but killing it in the presentation/aesthetic and skating skills department. Obviously her problems are not overnight fixable but its FIXABLE nonetheless. What irks me is that she herself uses the defense that she has a"certain body type" when making her argument.

sarama

Medalist
Okay since many included Anna Pogorilaya (and rightfully so, though using 'comeback' with a broader meaning), I think Mirai Nagasu deserves to be here as well! In the last few years nobody (at least I didn't) would have expected her to do what she accomplished this year...best US lady at 4cc by far, delivering such emotional and solid performances in Boston, and managing to become so much more (technically and artistically) than the cute jumping bean she used to be the last time she was in "the spotlight"

Yes, she responded so I responded right back. She engaged me so I elaborated. It was cordial,...

Cordial: Friendly, warm, genial, affable, amiable, pleasant, fond, affectionate, warm-hearted, gracious, …

Are you sure that the exchange was "cordial?"

I am talking your words not anyone else, as you own them. :palmf: Read your previous posts from last year in your profile, where you questioned both D&R's mental state ....so inappropriate.

But then again, the controversy is about what Maxim Trankov might have said, not what gmyers says, right?

Sailinggirl

Rinkside
Sometimes a personal dislike of an athlete enters into a criticism. Maybe it shouldn't, but it's only human nature I suppose. But to deny the dislike has entered into personal territory and not to own the comments one makes about skaters on this forum or any other social media is wrong...

This!

I am sure that if Meagan was "conversing" on social media, she has seen the PERSONAL comments not just the skating "critique".

Scrufflet

Final Flight
I would rather answer the question of best comeback rather than launch attacks on skaters.

For me, I had two comebacks which delighted me, one in dance and one in pairs. I was thrilled to see the Shibs return to the podium! They are classy, determined, engaging and very talented.

My other was the return of Aliona Sawchenko. I swear she doesn't even need a partner! But I'm glad he's turned out to be so promising. Guts, determination, resolve despite all the obstacles put in her path, all of these make her a winner for me. Plus, I adore her one-piece costumes!

eli60056

On the Ice
I read some FS forums but I don't remember for those articles when Trankov really attacked Meagan on this way...

Because there aren't any such articles. He never insulted her appearance. He was criticizing the style of their skating as a pair, all the while being complimentary to each of them as a skater.

But of course, no one can stop anyone to believe what they like based on personal bias.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
I would say from an ashes to phoenix it would be Savchenko. People need to remember that she wasn't even able to *compete* with Bruno to start the season, and then she wins Euros silver and World bronze. That twist is sure to be a quad in future seasons too.

In terms of accolades, I'd have to say Chan because he won a GP event (against Hanyu, no less), made the GPF, won 4CC, and had a personal best FS. Like all the comeback folks other than Savchenko, he flubbed Worlds but for a year off it was a notable comeback --- particularly given the technical explosion of the men this year.

Last edited:

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Yes, she responded so I responded right back. She engaged me so I elaborated. It was cordial, though she wasn't happy with my little critique.

Lmao... "Cordial"?!

Chocolate cherries are cordial. You, sir, are not.

I wish Meagan wouldn't engage with haters, as it only makes them feel like their vitriolic opinions actually matter.