Pick Your GP's | Golden Skate

Pick Your GP's

Layback11

Record Breaker
Hmm...Skate America, for sure, because hometown advantage is always good to have. And either NHK, because the crowds and environment there are great, or COC-I feel sorry for it because it's the GP no one wants. :cry:

xibsuarz

Record Breaker
Skate Canada (idk why I like that GP a lot) and NHK because the Japanese audience is the loveliest :biggrin:

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
Skate Spain if it were created :laugh:

I love the announcer at Barcelona GPF !!! I was happy with his presence at Euros as well.

Imagine

Medalist
NHK. Any reason to visit Japan is a good reason. But it would be best to be in Japan for Worlds since it happens to be during the peak of the cherry blossom season. My other choice would be Rostelecom, since I've been to France, live in the US, and have no particular interest in going to China. I imagine Canada is basically like the US but with nicer people.

andromache

Record Breaker
I'm thinking strategically.

Skate Canada, because I am American and I don't want to deal with long flights and jet lag for both GPs. Picking SC instead of SA because it gives me a bit of extra time to make sure I'm ready at the start of the season.

And then Cup of China. Since it tends to be the GP no one wants, the field there might be weaker and make it easier for me to win. Its timing also gives me enough time to get ready after SC ends, and plenty of time to get ready for the GPF.

KweenAsada

On the Ice
Skate America because it is the start of the season and NHK Trophy because I love Japan. "Memoirs of a Geisha"(the book) made me fall in love with everything geisha and Japanese, lol.

Krunchii

Record Breaker
Skate Canada because in the upcoming season it's pretty much where I live so no flight or travel or different timezones, plus hometown advantage woooo

As for the second maybe TEB? It's always come off as a good event to me, a lot of skaters I like have done well there and it's not as drastically far as NHK/COC but far away enough for a nice change in scenery and I can do some touristy stuff while I'm there.

mrrice

Record Breaker
This is very easy for me. I'd do Skate Canada because I loved going in 2010 and the crowd is so friendly to all the skaters. I'd also like to go to the Rostelecom Cup.

Alex D

Record Breaker
I like this thread ;)

So, If I would be a figure skater and wouldn´t need to worry about money and gold, then I would be going to Rostelecom Cup and NHK, as the fans there are very knowledgeable and friendly. Canada would be third, as I love the country and the people in it.

France and the US I am so often anyways each year, that it wouldn´t be special for me, but if it´s about money, then I would probably swap NHK for one of these two, most likely France as it´s easier to reach (quick drive or one hour flight), while the US is so big and if they make it at Orange County for example, then also very expensive and far away.

I would love to see a GP at Australia, though.

Giselle

Medalist
I'm French so TEB obviously, preferably in Bordeaux.

Then either NHK or COR because the Japanese audience is great and I've always wanted to go to Russia (and I love the fact that there are many Russian skaters who are not competing there who come to watch too!).

4th Skate Canada because I would love to go to Canada and it would give me the opprtunity to get my Tim Hortons fix.

5th Probably COC if it's not too close to TEB.

My last choice would be Skate America. It's the first GP if the season, I'm won't be ready yet :drama: It's also too often in "small", cold cities.

tulosai

Record Breaker
TEB for me since I'm in Europe and LOVE France, and then NHK to get all the bling that people in the audience would throw at me.

Weathergal

Medalist
I think I'd hope to peak later in the season so strategically I'd lean toward events then. But on a purely cultural level, I would pick Rostelecom and NHK. I have always been fascinated with Russia and really want to visit there someday, especially St. Petersburg because it looks so beautiful! Also I love so many of the Russian skaters. NHK because Japan is another place I'd want to visit. Its culture is also very interesting to me, and they have so many wonderful skaters. Plus its support of skating is amazing!