Amazing Race/ Big Brother Reminder | Golden Skate

Amazing Race/ Big Brother Reminder

heyang

Record Breaker
Yahoo- Amazing Race 5 begins this coming Tuesday on CBS 9:30 PM (EST)for 90 minutes. After that, it'll be on at 9PM (EST)

I'm not a fan of Big Brother - too hard to remember to watch 3 times a week. It also starts on Tuesday at 8PM. (EST)

Aloft04

On the Ice
Yay!! Amazing Race - my absolute only 'must-see' on TV!!

(and the closest I'll get to world travel this summer...)

KwanFan1212

Joey Votto Fangirl
Final Flight
I love The Amazing Race!! That was one of the only shows I watched last summer and I am very excited that it is coming back soon. And ITA that it will be the closest I get to world travel this summer as well! LOL :laugh:

I can't believe that Alison from the last Big Brother is going to be in the Amazing Race! With her boyfriend!

Actually, after how she carried on in BB last season, I can't believe she still has her boyfriend!!

Mathman :)

Interesting about Allison being on The Amazing Race...I've never watched that.

My hubby and I have been Big Brother fans from the get-go, so we're looking forward to a new season. I've got a tape set for tonight....Phillies Baseball takes top honors for what we'll watch live. ;)

guinevere

Final Flight
The Amazing Race is off to a great start!! A lot of familiar "type" teams (Older Couple, siblings, estranged couple trying to work it out, etc), but these teams all seem destined to defy the typecasting. Also, the absence of any Alpha Male teams is going to even out the playing field, I think. The team I disliked the most was eliminated first (altho the twins Kami & Karli, who I thought would be one of my favorites, quickly became one of my least favorites and I wouldn't have minded if they were eliminated), and in fact, there are only 2 or 3 teams left that I don't care for, and the Justin Guarini lookalike and his Miss Texas girlfried and the only ones I really want eliminated ASAP. Charla and Mirna are my favorites. Also, I was really against having BB Allison & her boyfriend on the show, just because I think it hurts the credibility of the show, which I think is the MOST credible of any reality show, to invite a previous contestant from another high-profile reality show to participate, but Allison made me forget she was on Big Brother right away. She and Donny are a very well-matched team, and I expect they will get far in the competition.

I also watched the BB premiere - I also can't keep up with BB, I can't invest 3 nights a week to it. As always, I like the underdogs who are destined to get the boot quickly, like Jennifer. I'm glad that girl took the money after the food challenge - runners up on BB don't get any $$, so it was a good risk for her to take. I wonder how sick Julie Chen will get of saying "The Do Not Assume Project!" over the next 3 months....at least it's better than last season's "The EX Factor!!". :laugh:

guinevere

OT -- I just noticed that Golden Skate has a member named "PBJ for Everyone" -- and it's her birthday today! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Mathman

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
What in the world was Julie Chen WEARING?? The top part looked like a skating costume from a country with a federation with serious budget problems.... :laugh:

I won't be watching Big Brother regularly myself; partly due to having to keep track of it 3 times a week, and partly because there is something about that show that seems to encourage thoroughly obnoxious behavior. And it always seems like the young dudes are all trying to out-strut each other to win some sort of Am I Hot? contest.... :rolleye:

But Amazing Race is off to a great start. First of all -- URUGUAY?? Of all places! But it looks like a beautiful country, and I thought the hand sculpture was really cool, though the mindframe that seems to have gone into putting it on the beach is pretty twisted. I'm not sure who I'm rooting for yet; I like Chip & Kim and the father/daughter team and I also kind of like the twins tho they're a little b*****y and ditzy -- but then again walking back and forth past the route marker 17 times without seeing it would TOTALLY be something I would do! But they're from Eugene, OR, and I used to live there, so they get points for that. Those brothers from NY (???) I think are just pigs and they need to go. And I too am not wild about "the Justin Guarini look-alike and his Miss Texas girlfriend" (thanks, guinevere!! :laugh: ) either. I mean, it is ONE THING to say that "She needs to realize that this game is all in God's hands" and then turn around an hour later and say "Oh, it's totally my fault, I made the decision, I screwed up". Really? So is God helping you with this or not? He does help those who help themselves, you know, or so the saying goes.... What surprises me is the fact that of the Little Person/Cousin combo, the Cousin is actually the annoying one. I thought the Little Person was going to drive me up the wall with her rah-rah I can do ANYTHING attitude (which if taken too far can really wear nerves) but she's been fine so far; her Cousin on the other hand -- what a whiner!! She keeps that up, they're gonna be fighting like those two models they had on last season.

guinevere

Final Flight
JonnyCoop said:
....her Cousin on the other hand -- what a whiner!! She keeps that up, they're gonna be fighting like those two models they had on last season.
Tian & Jaree were my favorites!!!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

That hand sculpture was really cool - I love the explanation for it. Ya just don't get that kind of public art here in the US :cry:

guinevere

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
What Happened on Big Brother???

I set my vcr to record BB at 8:00 pm CST last night. I got home and much to my surprise I taped CSI, I later discovered BB was on at 7:00 pm. Can anyone tell me what happened??

Dee

Oceanguy

Rinkside
What Happened Last Night.

Well, as expected Mike was evicted from the house. I think we all knew that was coming. However, the diary room discussions right before they voted made that prediction a bit uncertain, but it turns out the vote was unanimous.

Next, Marvin won the HOH competition in a tie breaker between Holly, and I can't remember who else. The game was called Majority Rules. Julie would ask a question with two possible answers and the house guests would have to decided who they thought the question best applied to. The tie breaker question asked how many ball from the first food comp did all the house guests get. The answer was 100. Marvin guessed 81 and the others.......I really couldn't see their answers.

They also, in last night's episode, interviewed and showed footage of Jenifer's Mom and Cowboy's (nickname on another board and I cna't remember his name) dad and step mom when they first realized they were siblings.

Finally, the twin twist was revealed. Turns out the houseguest who has been switching in and out was Adria. I guess they get 15 minutes in the Diary Room before they switch to exchange the major information that happened during their time in the house. If they can keep it straight and not have any of the houseguests figure them out, after 5 weeks they BOTH get to enter the house and compete for the half million dollars. The twins talked about differences between them. One of the twins has a scar under her nose and above her lip and has a darker mole. Other than that, they really didn't say or even appear that different. They did show some discussions with the HG at the picuture wall. One of the other HG said to Adria, you take pictures differently. So, they siad that they are doing a bunch of stuff to keep their secret a secret like wearing glasses, hats, etc.......

Well hope this fills you in on lastnights show. The nomination ceromony will be on Saturday night, check your local listings.
Abryan

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Abryan, thanks so, so much for the update. I certainly will get the time straight from now on. :laugh: :laugh:

Dee

heyang

Record Breaker
I'm not sure who to root for. I was a bit annoyed by Charla & Myrna - now, I'm starting to like Charla, but not the cousin. She whines a lot. I'm tired of hearing her say 'Run, Charla, run' and 'I can't do it Charla!' For pete's sake, I don't think you can expect Charla to chase a cow after she carried the side of beef.

I wonder if any of the contestants can eat chocolate yet. I love the stuff, but just seeing how much some of them had to eat made me sick to my stomach.

I also don't get what the twins are whining about. It's a game - why should anyone give your the right of way or help you. I like how Chip calls them the bad seeds.

I thought the Christian models were a bit deceitful. I could understand why they took the correct turn - why follow someone who's going the wrong way. However, they turned on Charla & Myrna by getting father/daughter to buy their tickets. I don't understand why father & daughter helped them at all.

guinevere

Final Flight
I absolutely love Charla & Mirna more each episode!

The Children of God (Brandon & Nicole) tried to play the game hard this episode - and did a really poor job of it. As one of the recappers at Reality News Online put it, switching and ditching alliances is a big part of Amazing Race, but you can't claim the high road while you're doing it.

I didn't like Marsha in the first 2 episodes, but I always liked Jim, and I was sad to see them eliminated. In all 5 seasons of TAR, it's been almost impossible to overcome being the only team on the last flight somewhere, but I liked that they kept their spirits high, and Marsha said "Might as well do something cool" when contemplating the paragliding. This is the heart of why I love TAR: even when teams are eliminated, they are so glad they did the race. When they say "I/We got to experience something we never would have otherwise", you know it's not just lip service.

Next week, I'm rooting for Charla & Mirna, Linda & Karen, Bob & Joyce :love: . I'd love for Chip & Kim to move up, I like them a lot -- but they aren't racing well at all. The twins still rub me the wrong way, but I'm willing to have my mind changed. I go back and forth about which boy/girl couple is the least annoying each leg. The pizza brothers are just jerks.

guinevere

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
The pizza brothers are BEYOND jerks; if they manage to get out of that game without creating some type of international incident, it's going to be a miracle. That "useless foreigners" line cracked me up considering that gee, aren't YOU GUYS the ones who needed the passport to get here? Doesn't that make YOU GUYS the foreigners? They do absolutely nothing to enhance the image of American tourists abroad, that's for sure. I was CRACKING UP when they kept getting lapped by the other teams in the candy factory; I was hoping that even Jim & Marsha would end up showing up and being in and out of there before they were. As far as I was concerned, that was INSTANT KARMA for calling Mirna a b**** in the parking lot for no apparent reason that I could figure except they didn't like them standing so close to them at the airport.

I like Charla, but I think Mirna just needs to be slapped. Whine, gripe, moan, complain; I'm waiting for Charla to just go off on her. Given the day-to-day difficulties that Charla has to face as a Little Person, I can't imagine she'd have much sympathy for stuff like "Oh, my hair is a mess!" and some of the other miscellaneous whining. :\

I was sorry to see Jim & Marsha go; they were actually one of the few teams that I liked this edition. But they did make up a pretty good amount of time considering how long it took them to get down to Patagonia (and who would have thought it would be so hard to get a ticket to it? Must be vacation season in Argentina). As for the twins, they're annoying, but I find them highly amusing as once again they did something I would probably end up doing -- swimming through the deep water to the island as opposed to wading through the shallow water. Basic observation does not appear to be these girls' strengths..... :laugh: :laugh: But then again it's not often mine either.... :rolleye: