Networking questions | Golden Skate

Networking questions

Longhornliz

Final Flight
If any of you out there are tech savvy, your help would be much appreciated.

I want to set up a wireless router so that I can use my ibook upstairs (the study is too cramped when 2 people are in there). My mother needs to use a traditional router to allow her to get into her office's intranet from home...she is also using a pc without a wireless card.

Do wireless routers such as linksys or netgear have both antenna and traditional ethernet connections? Would it be possible to plug her into a wireless router physically, and have me use the wireless option at the same time? Or if that is not possible could I plug my wireless router into her traditional router to broadcast a signal for me? Am I crazy?

I had a wireless network in my apt while in college... but my roomate was on top of all of it. Will I be able to get a signal on the second story or my house? The room I would want to use it in is not too far from where the router will be, but I dont know how far the signals travel.

Also, when I was shopping these routers online they all listed windows as a system requirement... will they not work with my ibook?

Longhornliz

Final Flight
Nevermind!!! I went to best buy and they explained everything to me... I'm getting a linksys 802.11g router.