Country
United-States
Miriam ZIEGLER / Severin KIEFER AUT
SP Turn To Stone performed by Ingrid Michaelson; choreo by Mark Pillay
LP Mika Medley; choreo by Mark Pillay

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
^ Wenjing Sui and Cong Han. All pair fans are familiar with the abbreviation on them, but non serious followers of pairs may be not.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
^ Wenjing Sui and Cong Han. All pair fans are familiar with the abbreviation on them, but non serious followers of pairs may be not.

One does not need to be a "serious" follower of pairs to know perfectly well who Sui/Han :luv17: are ... and to know that their initials are S/H, of course.

karne certainly is not the first of us, and certainly will not be the last of us to have a random instance on a random day of not instantaneously recognizing out-of-context initials of popular and respected skaters who in fact are very well-known to us. I certainly am a member of this large club :ghug:.

Crossover, in any case, I hope that will join me in wishing P/S ;) the best at Cup of China :yay:.

Last edited:

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
I hope that will join me in wishing P/S ;) the best at Cup of China :yay:.

ice coverage, I'm preoccupied with P/J's GP debut and possibility of their medal. Other than that, I hope for Y/Z's gold, better forms from K/S and I/M and look forward to see W/W's programs for the first time. With their unconventional programs, DM/G and V/B in my opinion will give different and unique flavors to the field. The field is not easy for P/S who are likely to be placed the last, but I hope they enjoy the competition and learn from the experience. :)

Last edited:

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Grant Hochstein tweeted yesterday that he is bringing back his "Due Tramonti" SP from last season.

Bummer, I liked Rhapsody in Blue :no: but I guess Grant was not comfortable with it.

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Grant Hochstein tweeted yesterday that he is bringing back his "Due Tramonti" SP from last season.

Bummer, I liked Rhapsody in Blue :no: but I guess Grant was not comfortable with it.

Darn! I liked Rhapsody too - although I can see why he might be inclined to change it. I was at Skate Canada and felt so bad for him that he was dead last in the SP (12th place). He seemed to be doing ok with it at Lombardia (5th place). I hope it proves to be a good move for him. He really became one of my favorites last year with that FS of his at Worlds.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Darn! I liked Rhapsody too - although I can see why he might be inclined to change it. I was at Skate Canada and felt so bad for him that he was dead last in the SP (12th place). He seemed to be doing ok with it at Lombardia (5th place). I hope it proves to be a good move for him. He really became one of my favorites last year with that FS of his at Worlds.

Grant's FS at Worlds: me too, I liked him OK before, but I loved that performance and such a "feel good" moment.:yes: Of all the performances at 2016 Worlds, Grant's FS by far is the one I rewatch most. And I *never* thought I would say that about yet another Les Miz program.

:eek:topic:

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Grant's FS at Worlds: me too, I liked him OK before, but I loved that performance and such a "feel good" moment.:yes: Of all the performances at 2016 Worlds, Grant's FS by far is the one I rewatch most. And I *never* thought I would say that about yet another Les Miz program.

:eek:topic:

Totally agree. I still get misty eyed when I watch that FS. His legs must have been like jello at the end part with the remaining jumps and step sequence, and the crowd just lifted him up and cheered him on. It was quite a moment...I guess we have to wait til NHK to see how he does with "Due Tramonti".

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
I noticed in JGPF Men Free thread that Roman Savosin program info for FP is:

LP Smuga Cienia by Wojciech; choreo by Anastasia Kazakova, V. Kalinin, S. Shasherin

So first of all: Wojciech is just first name of composer, it should be Wojciech Kilar (this is stated in ISU BIO too). Second of all, I don't understand why there is not English name of film in ISU BIO. This way it only makes sense for us, Poles. The film was based on novel by Joseph Conrad (He was a Pole who migrated ot Great Britain and was writing in English.) The novel title is "Shadow Line" which translate in Polish to "Smuga cienia". So I think they could send English title to ISU, but for some reason they didn't. It sound a little funny when Ted Barton tried to pronounce it :p (I don't blame him though)

roogu

Rinkside
Hey Doris,

Any idea what the last piece of music in Medvedeva's long program is? Everything up to her 3Lo is definitely from Extremely Loud Incredibly Close, but afterwards the music is from somewhere else.

Each program has a second cut of music:
Evgenia MEDVEDEVA RUS
SP "River Flows in You" by Lorenzo de Luca, "The Winter" by Balmorhea; choreo by Daniil Gleikhengauz, Ilia Averbukh
LP Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close soundtrack by Alexandre Desplat, Piano Lesson with Grandma by Alexandre Desplat; choreo by Daniil Gleikhengauz, Ilia Averbukh][/QUOTE]

russell30

Final Flight
Hey Doris,

Any idea what the last piece of music in Medvedeva's long program is? Everything up to her 3Lo is definitely from Extremely Loud Incredibly Close, but afterwards the music is from somewhere else.

Each program has a second cut of music:
Evgenia MEDVEDEVA RUS
SP "River Flows in You" by Lorenzo de Luca, "The Winter" by Balmorhea; choreo by Daniil Gleikhengauz, Ilia Averbukh
LP Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close soundtrack by Alexandre Desplat, Piano Lesson with Grandma by Alexandre Desplat; choreo by Daniil Gleikhengauz, Ilia Averbukh]
[/QUOTE]

the last piece of evgenias music is Flying by Dan Cullen, can be bought on iTunes depending on country.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
some dancers from Canadian nationals

1 Vanessa Chartrand / Alexander Seidel QC
SD"This Love" and "Umbrella" by the Baseballs
FD Flamenco, "Excuses A Lola" by Matte Martin

2 Elysia-Marie Campbell / Philippe Granger QC
SD "Come Together" and "I Saw Her Standing There" by the Beatles
FD Bond Medley: "Goldeneye" by Tina Turner, "Live and Let Die" from the soundtrack

3 Mira Samoisette / Dominic Barthe QC
SD "Good Golly Miss Molly" by Little Richard and "Unchained Melody"
FD "The Summer Knows" from the Summer of '42 soundtrack