Yu/Jin & Peng/Zhang switch partners | Golden Skate

Yu/Jin & Peng/Zhang switch partners

yqs100

On the Ice
Big news is shaking Chinese fans.
Yu/ Jin and Peng/Zhang switch partners, become Yu/Zhang and Peng/ Jin

The team is in Canada with Lori for new programs choreography.

So far no official confirmation yet, but the Chinese fans is already shocked and sort of angry about this arrangement.

Anyone in Canada can give an update of you see anything?

burntBREAD

Medalist
If this is true, the Fed's favoritism of Hao Zhang is not surprising, but still awful nonetheless. Break up a couple with massive short and long term potential? Terrible. His style of skating won't match Yu's delicate style at all.

Edit: the fact that Wang/Wang are going to the Challenge Cup ahead of Yu/Jin and Peng/Zhang gives some credence to this...

Last edited:

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
I think it's a good idea. Zhang has been stuck with inferior partners his entire career and is a phenomenal pairs skater. Peng hasn't been able to land her jumps and she is also shorter, which makes their age difference more apparent. Yu is taller and more consistent, this would be a better pairing.

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
I sincerely hope that this rumor remains just a rumor, not truth. :disapp:

sses1

On the Ice
NOPE. JUST NO.

Yu/Jin have something special and I don't want to see her with Zhang (he does not compliment her whatsoever). If this is true I can only imagine how these skaters feel. The Chinese Federation is officially on crack.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Oh please mighty Plushenchrist above, let this not be true. Or a belated April Fools. Or something. Because holy hell I doubt there's anything that could top it for being the worst news of the off season.

Hyena

Tous les whiskys
Medalist
Dislike. I'm with many of you, praying this is a rumor...

Layback11

Record Breaker
Sweet mother of potatoes, say it isn't so! :drama: :no: :palmf::mad:

I don't care particularly much about either pair, but this sounds like impending disaster. ::angry2::scard7:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
i think we are reacting negatively because we like y/j together but p is not strong enough for z.... so perhaps the chinese fed want to improve one team, and doesn't care letting go of the other ?

many people mentioned that P seemed to be happier with her previous partner... maybe the real mistake was made when they formed p/z and now they are trying to give z a decent partner for the games?

I know that many do not like him, and insult his physique and age... (which I find crass btw). but he is a great partner... most girls, young or less young will benefit from the experience of working with a living legend.

As for Y/J : something is definitely happening and the whole ordeal might explain why they didn't make the cut for the WC... who knows what is really happening behind the scenes ????

sses1

On the Ice
i think we are reacting negatively because we like y/j together but p is not strong enough for z.... so perhaps the chinese fed want to improve one team, and doesn't care letting go of the other ?

many people mentioned that P seemed to be happier with her previous partner... maybe the real mistake was made when they formed p/z and now they are trying to give z a decent partner for the games?

I know that many do not like him, and insult his physique and age... (which I find crass btw). but he is a great partner... most girls, young or less young will benefit from the experience of working with a living legend.

As for Y/J : something is definitely happening and the whole ordeal might explain why they didn't make the cut for the WC... who knows what is really happening behind the scenes ????

Y/J are 2 time world junior champions. They've had an impressive senior career thus far and only started having issues this year because of the quad (at least I think so) and injuries. Also, keeping the same programs from last season did them no favours. But none of that should matter because they have that special quality that you look for in a pair team that's unique and a sign of potential world champion status. To break them a part is a travesty because you're taking away all that potential for nothing. She doesn't need to skate with Zhang, besides the fact that she may be able to land her jumps more consistently than Peng, Y/Z will never be Y/J and there is no guarantee that a switch like this so late in the quadrennial will have any success in 2018. It looks bad (all this partner switching).

If Peng isn't strong enough for Zhang, maybe they should get her in the gym and develop her some muscle mass or rethink their technique because the way Zhang throws her like a rag doll is very careless and I can totally understand why she can't land those throws. I don't think that Zhang's past career achievements and age should put him above his teammates and the favouritism shown by the Chinese federation in relation to him is very unprofessional imo. If Peng starts to land her jumps more consistently with Jin then we'll know who's fault this is.

Last edited:

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Big news is shaking Chinese fans.
Yu/ Jin and Peng/Zhang switch partners, become Yu/Zhang and Peng/ Jin

The team is in Canada with Lori for new programs choreography.

So far no official confirmation yet, but the Chinese fans is already shocked and sort of angry about this arrangement.

Anyone in Canada can give an update of you see anything?

How and why was the rumour started?

If they were switched for the new choreo, there would have been some observations and reports in Canada.

snowday

Rinkside
Whoever comes up with this idea needs to have his brain checked. Stupidity of the highest order. I don't know whether this absurd plan will pan out or not, but something is definitely up. Yu and Jin literally vanish from the social media. They care about their fans and I don't believe they're leaving the fans in the dark worried sick out of their own choosing.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
lol... no need to explain the situation... I get it, WE get it... that's what I wrote... I am only trying to look at the other angle to see HOW it could be true...
Y/J are 2 time world junior champions. They've had an impressive senior career thus far and only started having issues this year because of the quad (at least I think so) and injuries. Also, keeping the same programs from last season did them no favours. But none of that should matter because they have that special quality that you look for in a pair team that's unique and a sign of potential world champion status. To break them a part is a travesty because you're taking away all that potential for nothing. She doesn't need to skate with Zhang, besides the fact that she may be able to land her jumps more consistently than Peng, Y/Z will never be Y/J and there is no guarantee that a switch like this so late in the quadrennial will have any success in 2018. It looks bad (all this partner switching).

If Peng isn't strong enough for Zhang, maybe they should get her in the gym and develop her some muscle mass or rethink their technique because the way Zhang throws her like a rag doll is very careless and I can totally understand why she can't land those throws. I don't think that Zhang's past career achievements and age should put him above his teammates and the favouritism shown by the Chinese federation in relation to him is very unprofessional imo. If Peng starts to land her jumps more consistently with Jin then we'll know who's fault this is.

Krunchii

Record Breaker
Yu/Jin are already well matched, they are very cute, I don't know what's going on with the Chinese fed....