2016 World Championship Favorite Moments | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2016 World Championship Favorite Moments

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Yes!!! We've been saying since the JGP days about Zhenya looking like Adelina. :cool:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I was struck by the ladies' great beauty in person. They were all beautiful, but especially Gracie and Evgenia. :love:

Also, Sam-Skwantch, sequel video requires THE HUG! THE HUG IS NECESSARY! THE HUG WILL BRING WORLD PEACE!

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The only thing I would say...the NBC commentators can go jump during the footage of the Shibutanis' twizzles in the FD. Just the crowd noise, the way it exploded, would have been better.

Well.....to be fair.....the clip I used was from the slow motion replays after the live skate happened so I'll give the announcers the benefit of the doubt there. I really hope I can find time to do a separate video for the ID and pairs because I find that the movements in unison just carry a quality that fits music so well and really shows the heart of the sport. :luv17:

cocotaffy

Final Flight
@Sam-Skwantch Lovely video, I can't wait for the other ones including more Ice Dance (my favorite discipline by far) and Pairs.
As for my favorite moments, so many !!!

Ice dance:
Gaby and Guillaume's SD and FD were simply out of this world. They are so special, their SS, speed, ice coverage, music connection, and how they relate to each other, they're in a class of their own. Cute moment: Guillaume arranging Gaby's disheveled hairs after their whirlwind of a SD.
I loved Gilles/Poirier's FD, so different, sharp, perfectly executed to the music. Really intriguing. Love what they bring to ID.
Hubbell/Donohue's FD, wonderful skaters, great chemistry and power on the ice. Their K&C reactions to their great score.

Other disciplines:
Savchenko/Massot programs. They have so much pleasure skating together, it's great to watch and my moment: when she pinches both his cheeks after the LP, cracked me up :laugh:
Han/Sui SD pure energy and great interpretation

Javier Fernandez breaking down the house. The sheer loudness 30 sec. before the end of his LP.
Hanyu's kendo shout in the middle of his SP.
Wagner sitting on the ice like a little girl laughing at what she just accomplished. The happiness of the crowd after her LP.
Anna pogorilaya not having any freak falls and winning bronze and resting on Medvedeva's laps.

All in all, a great World Competition.

Last edited:

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
It was awesome to see the relief and joy of Ashley Wagner winning silver and the cute reactions of Medveda and Pogo -and who would think Pogo could pull through (even moreso than Gold or Wagner). Also how could you not smile for the well dressed Mirai who got to go to worlds after her olympic fiasco. It was awesome to see V and T, S and K from Russia, Mao and Chan all skate though the results were n ot good for them - but you can still the purity of their skating - something the winners don't really have and that makes them so special. It was awesome to see Adam Rippon stand up and skate two great programs. And a surprise but delighlt to see the 3rd and 4th pairs from Canada really step it up and mix things up although they also did the unspeakable beat both americans and two Chinese teams - knocking those teams out of the bid for three teams - who would have thought China with only two teams? Bravo to the top five dance teams just wonderful!