2016-17 State of Russian Ladies skating | Page 23 | Golden Skate

2016-17 State of Russian Ladies skating

hugo

On the Ice
This is Daria Panenkova (14y) from Eteri team. Her girls won today Junior Championships of Moscow City (3 first places).
1. Daria Panenkova
2. Anna Shcherbakova
3. Alexandra Trusova

Lipea

Final Flight
Who is this girl? She's like the Tano Queen. Did She win?

And you know what? THIS GIRL IS NOT EVEN ON A SINGLE JGP ASSIGNMENT. Despite she is already 14. How stupid is it?

Edit: I checked and yes, she is still 13 although she will be 14 in December. But lots of 13 y.o. get to JGP. Alisa did for example.

Last edited:

berry8

Final Flight
Amazing talent... Even more polished than Zagitova :O
It is incredible how russian field is deep :D

hugo

On the Ice
And you know what? THIS GIRL IS NOT EVEN ON A SINGLE JGP ASSIGNMENT. Despite she is already 14. How stupid is it?
Edit: I checked and yes, she is still 13 although she will be 14 in December. But lots of 13 y.o. get to JGP. Alisa did for example.
Panenkova is announced only as a substitute for one event: Tallin. It seems that she is not perceived as a perspective skater :( (by Eteri herself too)

All the Eteri's girls skating today, from left: Shuboderova, Shcherbakova, Trusova, Panenkova, Mitrofanova
https://fotki.yandex.ru/next/users/mihsersh/album/530574/fullscreen/1448412

hanca

Record Breaker
Panenkova is announced only as a substitute for one event: Tallin. It seems that she is not perceived as a perspective skater :( (by Eteri herself too)

All the Eteri's girls skating today, from left: Shuboderova, Shcherbakova, Trusova, Panenkova, Mitrofanova
https://fotki.yandex.ru/next/users/mihsersh/album/530574/fullscreen/1448412
Why would it mean that she is not seen as a perspective skater by Tutberidze? All it means is that there is far too many talented skaters and not enough spots, and the others have an advantage that they have shown their high level of skating and consistency last year, whereas Panenkova didn't. If Panenkova is consistent and keep getting high scores throughout the season, she will get it next year, the way Konstantinova and Lozko earned it last season. Panenkova wasn't great at all last season and she can't expect Russia to drop skaters who proved themselves, just to give her a chance, when all she managed is one great competition. She will have to show that she is consistent, and that it wasn't just one off.

Roman09

Final Flight
Panenkova wasn't great at all last season and she can't expect Russia to drop skaters who proved themselves, just to give her a chance, when all she managed is one great competition. She will have to show that she is consistent, and that it wasn't just one off
Zagitova also wasn't great at all last season, even more than Daria who had much more successfull perfomances than Alina. Simply Alina is elligible for Olys but Darya is not - wherefore they have decided to offer Darya for the sake of the Olympic purpose

#dasha_to_jgp

Last edited:

linkintank

Rinkside
You're actually right she's not the 'tano queen she's the rippon queen. She only did two 'tano jumps the rest were Rippon style.

hanca

Record Breaker
Zagitova also wasn't great at all last season, even more than Daria who had much more successfull perfomances than Alina. Simply Alina is elligible for Olys but Darya is not - wherefore they have decided to offer Darya for the sake of the Olympic purpose

#dasha_to_jgp

It is possible that Zagitova managed to persuade them during the test skates. Maybe she did two clean programs. The bottom line is, there are 9 skaters that are definitely better than Panenkova, who are sharing 15 events. As you see, not everyone can get an event. As I already said, she can do exactly what Lozko and Konstantinova did last season. Do a lot of events, show that she can be consistently score a decent scores and she will have an event next season. It is not such a big deal if someone doesn't get their spot at 13. Pogorilaya got it a year after she became junior eligible, and so did Zagitova and Lozko this season. Konstantinova became junior eligible two years ago,so that shows that if someone improves later, they still get an event.

Last edited:

Layback11

Record Breaker
This is madness! There are simply too many good skaters in Russia for one country to handle. They should spread the love to smaller federations :popcorn: by handing over some of their "B-Team" juniors...:biggrin: it's a win-win! The girls can have all the assignments they want, and the small federations get good skaters!

hanca

Record Breaker
This is madness! There are simply too many good skaters in Russia for one country to handle. They should spread the love to smaller federations :popcorn: by handing over some of their "B-Team" juniors...:biggrin: it's a win-win! The girls can have all the assignments they want, and the small federations get good skaters!
I am sure we would be happy to take a few.

Layback11

Record Breaker
I am sure we would be happy to take a few.

I don't know what country you're referring to, but please take Dasha and give her many JGPs! :biggrin:

(I am aware that logistics make this almost impossible, but it's fun to dream. ;))

Lipea

Final Flight
It is possible that Zagitova managed to persuade them during the test skates. Maybe she did two clean programs. The bottom line is, there are 9 skaters that are definitely better than Panenkova, who are sharing 15 events. As you see, not everyone can get an event. As I already said, she can do exactly what Lozko and Konstantinova did last season. Do a lot of events, show that she can be consistently score a decent scores and she will have an event next season. It is not such a big deal if someone doesn't get their spot at 13. Pogorilaya got it a year after she became junior eligible, and so did Zagitova and Lozko this season. Konstantinova became junior eligible two years ago,so that shows that if someone improves later, they still get an event.

Panenkova did two clean programs at test skates, Zagitova as I heard - clean LP. I would not say that all 9 skaters that got JGP assignments are better than Panenkova now. In fact, I doubt any of 9 can do the layot she does so clean. This case is quite exceptional. Girl can pretend on the highest junior titles with such jumps.
Most of skaters have on and off seasons interchanged, so it is not smart to grant one a spot solely based on previous season. Konstantinova was actually not great at last season but received weirdly high scores when won over Sotskova, but now at Saint Petersburg cup she did not do well at all. Lozko has fantastic spins but known for consistent URs. Similar can be said about Nugumanova. Gubanova had a bad season, still got JGP spots. I am not saying that these girls should have been taken away their spots... but I am sure there are others who are clearly not as good as Panenkova at this point but have spots.