2016-17 State of Russian Ladies skating | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2016-17 State of Russian Ladies skating

boskil

Match Penalty
Is it true, that whole Sergey Davydov's group of Mitrofanova, Mukhortova, Tarusina, Mikhailova, etc. is leaving "Sambo 70" and moving to CSKA? Could the Red Army Kraken be so mad for Evgenia's and Polina's successes? :laugh::disagree:

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Is it true, that whole Sergey Davydov's group of Mitrofanova, Mukhortova, Tarusina, Mikhailova, etc. is leaving "Sambo 70" and moving to CSKA? Could the Red Army Kraken be so mad for Evgenia's and Polina's successes? :laugh::disagree:

The magic left that place a few months back. I think it's somewhere in Sochi as we speak ;)

silverlake22

Record Breaker

Don't forget Anna! She trains at Sambo 70 as well. I'd say Sambo is doing pretty well for itself all things considered, it's not like the CSKA skaters fared much better this season (most of them faired worse to be honest)..

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
The magic left that place a few months back. I think it's somewhere in Sochi as we speak ;)

No this is CSKA influence, because their skaters are terrible now, instead of trying to recover them they are simply buying other skaters.

annesigin

Rinkside
Buyanova says Adelina already has a short program. She claims that the program is "powerful and chic". Now they are working on a long program with Petr Chernyshev.

I assume Adelina wants to compete again. And if she brings her powerful jumps back she will be the skater to watch next season.

If Adelina wants to come back, will she get two GPs?
I really want to know how will ladies choose their GPs next season.

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
If Adelina wants to come back, will she get two GPs?
I really want to know how will ladies choose their GPs next season.

Chances are good for her to have 2 spots. I don't know how many total spots will Russia get. I think the range is 14 minimum - 18 maximum. This year national team will take 6 spots. Then we have some sort of pecking order. Group 1 is Adelina, Yulia, Maria, and Liza. If Russia has only 14 spots all of them can still get 2 assignments. But it will mean that Group 2: Leonova, Sakhanovich, and Artemyeva will have none. With 18 spots we can see one skater from Group 2 with 2 assignments and the other 2 with just 1.

Where will Adelina go? I think she likes Japan, but the jet lag makes the venture risky. And she has a lot to prove. I think at least 1 but may be both her assignments will be in Europe.

winky97

Medalist
Touring in the middle of a season? :eek:

Yeah, if I can find where I saw the announcement I will post it in this thread. I think I saw in in her thread, but she is scheduled for an ice show when Rostelcom is slated to take place

MsLiinaLii

Final Flight
Yeah, if I can find where I saw the announcement I will post it in this thread. I think I saw in in her thread, but she is scheduled for an ice show when Rostelcom is slated to take place

She sure comes to Tallinn with Kings on Ice with 5th November. So do Volosozhar/Trankov...

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
She sure comes to Tallinn with Kings on Ice with 5th November. So do Volosozhar/Trankov...

Yes. 04.11.2016 Latvia, Riga and

https://www.facebook.com/events/1718217038464011/ in Tallin 05. 11. 2016. Jevgeni Pljuštšenko, Adelina Sotnikova, Stéphane Lambiel, Tomáš Verner, Tatjana Volosožar ja Maksim Trankov, Florent Amodio, Ivan Righini, Elladj Baldé

Same cast on both shows. But sometimes changing the cast. :yes:

boskil

Match Penalty
Adelina got angry on instagram... :angry1:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BFGJyRxNVpG

Google translate:
This is dedicated to all those who think that I beat noodle .... Sorry, but boiling .... If you do not know what makes an athlete from week to week, I can not help you in any way ... It is a pity, that our athletes are so well their fans ... I wish you all not to walk, not to hang out and sit and all comment as no one works ... 🙄 athletes are not robots, but the same people who want to drive at night hometown .... this poor I personally do not see anything! Good morning Country! Have a good weekend everyone !;)

Anni234

Ina Bauer
Record Breaker
Country
Estonia
I think what she meant all in all is that people should not give her crap about posting pictures to Instagram, where she's having fun or is out late (she added a picture of her with Moscow skyscrapers at night). I think she meant, that she's not a robot and can have fun as well and that it doesn't mean that she's not training or working on her skating. Having stuff to do besides skating does not mean automatically, that her win was a fluke, but I just think she has had a lot of comments about that in her IG and she finally wanted to set things straight.