Pre-rotation | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Pre-rotation

annesigin

Rinkside
I didn't mention such thing, that was karne. I feel like I'm wasting time every time I write this because people keep calling her a cheater anyway but

1.) Miyahara's dominant direction is clockwise and that is how she started jumping in the United States. When she moved back to Japan nobody was jumping clockwise because the rinks there are crowded so she was forced to start learning how to jump against her dominant direction, counterclockwise. As in, the direction she jumps in today. To put it shortly, she had to learn how to jump from scratch. This is no easy thing to do.
2.) Because she was busy trying to learn how to jump against her dominant direction, her leg muscles were not helping her. She had (and still has) very little power in her leg muscles and she has a special trainer who is helping her fix that.
3.) She trains twice as much as Marin Honda specifically because she wants to fix her technique as much as she can, as fast as she can. This has been said by Marin Honda and Mie Hamada herself, time and time again.
4.) Like I said before, people are free to criticize her technique all they want but not by saying she is cheating deliberately and she's not working to fix anything.

I konw she had changed her jump direction. I know she practices long time: 36 hours a week, right? I also know she was weak on her leg muscles.
So what?

Last edited:

ioanna

Record Breaker
I konw she had changed her jump direction. I know she practices long time: 36 hours a week, right? I also know she was weak on her leg muscles.
So what?

So what? Knowing all that you still claim she is cheating deliberately? That's why she is training with two jump coaches (Yamato Tamura and Ilia Kulik)? You're basically saying they teach her how to cheat. At this point your comments are becoming more and more inappropriate.

annesigin

Rinkside
I find it appalling that people here just label Satoko a cheater, or claim that she doesn't work hard, etc. Nobody but her coaches know how hard she works, and from what they say, she is one of the hardest workers. Furthermore, to call her coach a "rubbish coach" is rude, inappropriate and totally uncalled for.

Rubbish is what 【Karne】said. I have to repeat her words, otherwise how can they know who I want to ask about? It is not me that think or say that coach is rubbish.

And no one here said Miyahara did not work hard. If someone said so, might you point out please?

I only said, she pre-rotates deliberately. And she quite benefited from it because the judges did not give her low goe. (Please do not say the judges have cared about this so her pcs was low.) She can work hard to pre-rotate. These two questions are not contradictory.

annesigin

Rinkside
So what? Knowing all that you still claim she is cheating deliberately? That's why she is training with two jump coaches (Yamato Tamura and Ilia Kulik)? You're basically saying they teach her how to cheat. At this point your comments are becoming more and more inappropriate.

I don't say her coaches teach her to cheat.In fact, if you read what I said, I said the other students of the coach did not have same technical questions. That is why I question about the 'rubbish coach'. I don't think Miyahara's pre-rotation has something to do with her coaches, since you cannot see other students do the same. That was her own experience.
【Please do not fabricate what I have not said.】

Last edited:

annesigin

Rinkside
:palmf:

I suggest we stop here and let people discuss the issue of prerotating without disrespecting skaters or coaches.

She is not working hard in order to fix her pre-rotation. But she is working hard to clean her program with a habbit of pre-rotation.
Can you understand and find the difference?

TheGrandSophy

Record Breaker
Some of the posts in this thread are awful and offensive. These are young people doing the best they can and working hard. The least we can all do is be respectful in our words.

Barb

Record Breaker
I don´t think is correct to call cheater to someone, because finally judges are given the points, if prerotation is benefical to not fall or complete the rotation no one is impeding other skaters do it.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I think Satoko gets the most attention because in addition to PR her jumps are unusually low and have virtually zero step up into a quality air position. To me her jumps have the same look and feel as what a half loop does. An extremely utilitarian movement.

During the last video I made I noticed how much Ashley PR's on her jumps and then obviously UR's at times too but she launches into the air and has power and height and even some flair to her jumps that create an x-factor that I think should put her jumps in another league as Satoko even when flawed but go check the protocols. This only exists in my mind.

I certainly don't think Satoko is a cheater in the sense that some are dramatizing it here but what she's doing is masking the fact that she can't do triples by pre rotating to a point that her UR is at or around 90 degrees. If you add up her PR and UR it is almost at and at times even over 360 degrees.

This whole discussion is pointless because as it is now the IJS tech panels and judges are rewarding her jumps. That's a fact.

Last edited:

ioanna

Record Breaker
During the last video I made I noticed how much Ashley PR's on her jumps and then obviously UR's at times too but she launches into the air and has power and height and even some flair to her jumps that create an x-factor that I think should put her jumps in another league as Satoko even when flawed but go check the protocols.

Well since you have made many jumpamatrons can you look at this and honestly say that Satoko's jumps in 2016 are worse than they were 3 years ago? Because I feel like people are only seeing what they want to see and claim what they want to claim.
https://youtu.be/nSgB33T2qS8?t=4m21s

Last edited:

mrrice

Record Breaker
It's unfair not to penalise it. I was never Yuna Kim's biggest fan but let's give credit where due and call a spade a spade. She never cheats (wittingly or unwittingly). Medvedeva, slow mo, leaves the ice after rotating .5 on the ice; thus, rotating only 2.5 in the air in her 3toe combo. No wonder she hardly misses. Gold...more likely to miss combo because she does the correct, harder, completely rotated 3toe in her combos.

Others on my list of "should be penalised" (again, my opinion, feel free to disagree)

1. Miyahara (basically all jumps)
2. Sotnikova (toe axel)
3. Tsurskaya (toe axel)
4. Aliev (toe axel)
5. Medvedeva (better hidden toe axel--coz both feet are on the ground long enough to disguise the toe axel)
6. Meissner and Buttle as classic examples of toe axling (Lol they're here and the "axing" word)

Forgive me for knowing the answer but......What is a "Toe Axel?"

mrrice

Record Breaker
Look at Nam's quad toe in slow motion and you will understand.

Can you be more specific? From which event? SP or LP ? Finally, what am I looking for? How do get an axel out of a toe loop? :scratch2:

Last edited:

Pamigena

Record Breaker
Can you be more specific? From which event? SP or LP ? Finally, what am I looking for? How do get an axel out of a toe loop? :scratch2:
I don't know either, but since this seems to be a guessing game now :) the linguistic Sherlock in me would assume that it's a toe loop with so much pre-rotation that you end up with a forward take off.
Am I close? :)

mrrice

Record Breaker
I don't know either, but since this seems to be a guessing game now :) the linguistic Sherlock in me would assume that it's a toe loop with so much pre-rotation that you end up with a forward take off.
Am I close? :)

That makes sense........Thank you. :thank:

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Well since you have made many jumpamatrons can you look at this and honestly say that Satoko's jumps in 2016 are worse than they were 3 years ago? Because I feel like people are only seeing what they want to see and claim what they want to claim.
https://youtu.be/nSgB33T2qS8?t=4m21s

I made another video but this time comparing her jumps from 2012 and 2016. I'm not sure if this particular video is going to be very helpful or add much to the discussion but since we are focusing on PR in this thread I focused the editing primarily on any PR.

Satoko Before and After
https://youtu.be/Xjpdn1_BHlE
Available up to 720p HD

Last edited:

ioanna

Record Breaker
I'm not sure if this particular video is going to be very helpful or add much to the discussion but since we are focusing on PR in this thread I focused the editing primarily on any PR.

Satoko Before and After
https://youtu.be/Xjpdn1_BHlE
Available up to 720p HD

As seen earlier in this thread some claim her jumps have gotten worse since 2012. I won't express my opinion in order to not appear biased, I'm waiting for other opinions.

ETA: that was NHK 2015 (which was half a year ago already), something like Worlds or TCC would have been preferable but thanks anyway.

Here's a nice slow-mo from TCC
https://youtu.be/IbjGBex-Y_I?t=4m32s

Last edited: