Country
Brazil
I/Z - 185.19 (SD 76.04 - FD 109.15)
B/S - 183.60 (SD 72.98 - FD 110.62)
S/B - 177.41 (SD 72.09 - FD 105.32)
Z/G - 173.02 (SD 69.06 - FD 103.96)
S/K - 171.94 (SD 70.24 - FD 101.70)
E/B - 150.76 (SD 60.42 - FD 90.34)

Quoting myself to add I/Z scores. They just got PBs too, and assumed the lead in the scores for the week. We'll have to see what happens in the next month for RusNats.

gmyers

Record Breaker
For I/Z Either both gp scores were lies and politics or Tallinn competion was lies and politics! It turns out they may have no tech issues at all! All their tech issues are solved! Good for them!

coldblueeyes

Record Breaker
Country
Brazil
For I/Z Either both gp scores were lies and politics or Tallinn competion was lies and politics! It turns out they may have no tech issues at all! All their tech issues are solved! Good for them!

I think I have less of a problem with their levels than I have with the GOE. The lifts look labored, especially entry and exit. The spin is slow, almost no momentum on the first position, and their twizzles are still a bit wonky during the second/third set. I do think they improved from the GPs, and it's good that they got some competitive scores within the Russian ID, but how will these scores compare to what they are going to receive in next competitions, we'll have to see. They did make a good case for being number two - they didn't surpass B/S objectively yet, even with "suspicous" scoring in Tallinn.

Overall, though, Tallinn was all about higher scores than usual, not just for I/Z, so there's that.

VIETgrlTerifa

Record Breaker
Those look like Mordovian Ornament scores. We saw how those scores worked out for the rest of the season last season.

Mattieu

Medalist
Those look like Mordovian Ornament scores. We saw how those scores worked out for the rest of the season last season.

True, this kind of judging is damaging to Ice Dance.

The Tallinn scores were so over inflated, not just for the top teams either, some of the middle tier teams increased their season's best by as much as 20 points.
For one team to improve they score by a massive amount is possible, but when the scores are massively increased pretty much across the board, it is not normal.

I would also bet a wager on most of the teams getting anything like these high marks again this season. ;)

It means the teams who competed in Talllinn have an unfair advantage when it comes to the season's best rankings from which some of the GPs are allocated.
This is basically organised cheating!

Last edited:

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
I only worry about Lena's injury
:console::console: I can only imagine how it is to skate in such state
recover soon please

As for the scores
nothing new...
I accepted that the results almost always depend on the judges & tech panel & the skating only 2nd thing that matters:slink:

Hopefully SK wont be that nervous & stumbling at NHK b/c objectively they dont pose a threat to the podium
Skate clean bbs! It can be such a beautiful tango if crispy clean!:love: I really like the tense music & build up! + more emotional involvement from both of them!

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
It means the teams who competed in Talllinn have an unfair advantage when it comes to the season's best rankings from which some of the GPs are allocated.
This is basically organised cheating!

It also pushes the judges to push scores higher for the rest of the season and misleads fans & skaters in making realistic comparisons. It gives teams an unfair advantage over teammates when--down the line--it comes time for federations to allocate competitive slots. And leads to disappointment at later competitions when teams have stronger performances and can't match their season's bests.

gmyers

Record Breaker
Amazingly s/k have done worse than their last appearance at NHK. It's a stunning disaster and they just have no future. Retirement only option.

Kitt

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Amazingly s/k have done worse than their last appearance at NHK. It's a stunning disaster and they just have no future. Retirement only option.

I am an I/Z fan, but I didn't think they looked too bad and were only beaten by Hawayek/Baker by a hair.

Mattieu

Medalist
I am an I/Z fan, but I didn't think they looked too bad and were only beaten by Hawayek/Baker by a hair.

I agree with you Kitt, it wasn't that S/K were bad today, it was that H/B were exceptionally good!
I still think S/K will get the 3rd Euros spot over I/Z, though I would be happy with either I/Z or S/K at Euros, as both teams are great when on form!

Marta25

Medalist
After the GP season is over, I though it would be interesting to see how the Russian ice dance teams stack up against each other in regards of base value, GOE and PCS. I only included BS, SB,SK and IZ, since ZG didn`t have the opportunity to improve their scores at a second GP. I also didn`t include the scores at Senior Bs or Challengers.

Short Dance:
Base Value:
1. B/S, S/B, SK (30,30)
2. I/Z (27,30)

GOE:
1. I/Z (8,19)
2. B/S (7,61)
3. S/B (7,34)
4. S/K (7,11)

PCS:
1. B/S (37,01)
2. I/Z (35,43)
3. S/B (34,46)
4. S/K (34,44)

Free Dance:
Base Value:
1. B/S, S/B, S/K (41,30)
2. I/Z (39,80)

GOE:
1. B/S (14,31)
2. S/B (12,09)
3. S/K (11,55)
4. I/Z (10,89)

PCS:
1. B/S (56,15)
2. I/Z (52,98)
3. S/B (52,92)
4. S/K (51,92)

B/S are definitely the front-runners for the National title, which shouldn`t come as a surprise. The only job they have for Nats is to skate the way they did at CoR and the will probably win their 6th National title.
S/B had a very solid GP season and are maybe right now the front-runner for silver.
For I/Z, the levels seem to be the biggest issue. So, they definitely have to work on them in the remaining weeks until Nationals.
S/K need to work on twizzles, because that`s the main element that brings their GOE down compared to the other teams.

Eisfee

On the Ice
I just hope whoever will go to Worlds next year can earn 3 spots back for Russia! It would be a pity if Russia had only 2 spots in the Olympic year! At the moment it seems that BS and SB have the avantage for the team! IZ and SK will probably fight for the Euro spot! As SK fan I was hoping for a better season but...:scratch2:

Marta25

Medalist
I just hope whoever will go to Worlds next year can earn 3 spots back for Russia! It would be a pity if Russia had only 2 spots in the Olympic year! At the moment it seems that BS and SB have the avantage for the team! IZ and SK will probably fight for the Euro spot! As SK fan I was hoping for a better season but...:scratch2:

Getting that third spot back is going to be tough. We have 11 teams competing for the top 10: 3xUSA, 3xCanada, 2xItaly, 1xFrance, 2x Russia. Russia needs at least B/S in the top 5 and S/B on 8th place, which means they have to at least beat teams like G/F, G/P and H/D. IMO, a lot of it will depend on nailing the levels in the Short Dance, if S/B make again mistakes in the SD like the last two years, it will be very, very difficult to move up in the FD.

Eisfee

On the Ice
Getting that third spot back is going to be tough. We have 11 teams competing for the top 10: 3xUSA, 3xCanada, 2xItaly, 1xFrance, 2x Russia. Russia needs at least B/S in the top 5 and S/B on 8th place, which means they have to at least beat teams like G/F, G/P and H/D. IMO, a lot of it will depend on nailing the levels in the Short Dance, if S/B make again mistakes in the SD like the last two years, it will be very, very difficult to move up in the FD.
Yes, I know! It seems like a mission impossible...

coldblueeyes

Record Breaker
Country
Brazil
I think there's something that might benefit the Russian teams this year: all the bigger competitions remaining in the season are in Europe. From SA and SC to the rest of the GPs all the russian teams were treated with better scores, so we could expect better results in GPF for BS and at Worlds for the two teams that are going- if they compete well.

As for the standings nationally, the push for I/Z's GOE and PCS in the last two competitions could mean either two things, they are getting back to a better level or they are receiving more support from the Fed - but this will be more obvious at Nats. S/K despite being last year's darlings were set back with injuries, so they either have to get things together or they are going to be kicked to fourth place. S/B are pushing hard for the second spot, but I'm not sure how the levels they got at COC are going to hold up - if I/Z manage to get things together for Nationals they could even play spoiler.

B/S just have to get the same levels from COR and they are in top 2 at Euros, maybe a top 3 or 4 in the GPF - I expect their GOE and PCS to go up a bit more if they compete well in the GPF and RusNats, so in an off day from P/C, everything can happen, outside of France, of course.

But this is all hypothetical. For all I know P/M are going to win Nationals with Z/G in second place. :laugh:

gmyers

Record Breaker

I think one spot for Russia would be plenty. They need to know something is wrong with their dance system and having 3 spots would be such a waste. They need to start teaching modern IJS dance.

In no way should H/B have even been close to s/k to allow such a result.

Their step sequences were level 2 and the twizzles were awful. They can't do what's demanded of successful dancers.

Last edited:

lavoix

Match Penalty
Can someone help me find the exact version of the piece of music that Bobrova/Soloviev use in their long program by Chopin?

bramweld

Record Breaker
Isn't their stay in Russia supposed to be temporary one? Hasn't his shoulder healed by now? Aren't they supposed to be working with Volkov and Zueva albeit through Skype and video? What does Tchaikovskaia give them? Is she some expert on the tango? Because it should have been obvious to them that choosing a tango was well outside their emotional depth. It looks laughable next to SB, not to mention G/P, which one of them will need to beat to get back the three spots to Russia. This all is getting a bit worrisome :(

Could it be that not even Morozov wants to have anything to do with him or them?:palmf:

Eisfee

On the Ice
Could it be that not even Morozov wants to have anything to do with him or them?:palmf:

Maybe Nikita will not have anything to do with him anymore!

And why you are referring to SinKats or S/B only? Maybe I/Z have to beat G/P!! You think they could beat them so easy? :confused:
If S/K had a romantically FD this season they would have attacked for that. Now they`re doing a tango and going out of their box they got criticism too!
Always to shut down S/K isn`t nicely at all! Why people even bother on teams who one don`t like, I wonder! But so is this World I guess...!:roll9:

For the shoulder injury...I hope you will not have to deal with such a thing one day!! It`s really a painful and protracted illness! I have it for over a year now and I can tell you it`s a nightmare!!

Last edited: