2016-17 State of Russian Ice Dance | Page 6 | Golden Skate

2016-17 State of Russian Ice Dance

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
New interview with Anastasia Shpilevaya: http://vpsfund.org/303-0/

Their FD is ready. It's something called 'Italian Tarantella'... whatever it is :scratch2: The program is choreographed by Irina Zhuk.
Their goal for the next season is to qualify to JGPF, top 3 at Nationals, and then top 3 at JWorlds. :)

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
New interview with Anastasia Shpilevaya: http://vpsfund.org/303-0/

Their FD is ready. It's something called 'Italian Tarantella'... whatever it is :scratch2: The program is choreographed by Irina Zhuk.
Their goal for the next season is to qualify to JGPF, top 3 at Nationals, and then top 3 at JWorlds. :)

Think skating like Cappellini & Lanotte here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_ZrdV92bjQ

So instead of Russian folk dance, an Italian folk dance, designed to cure spider bites:
http://www.ottawaitalians.com/Heritage/tarantella.htm

gmyers

Record Breaker
As Russian Junior National Champion and Junior World medallists they should get more funding this season compared to last, right? Hopefully, they can improve on their packaging. They are actually both attractive, but their costumes and his hairstyle could need some improvement. It`s good for Rumyantseva that she is at least keeping L/D and I think they were considered the more talented team between them and P/V? It`s a positive sign that their club invests more into their Ice Dance program, I think going forward the Russian Fed should maybe invest more into the training groups who actually bother to develop junior teams. US ice dance is that strong because coaches like Shpilband or Novak take teams and develop them from a very young age, maybe that`s what is missing right now in Russian Ice Dance.

Russia's top juniors coach and someone who gets all the funding is kustarova. She needs to be "fired" and get no support because young teams go to her and then leave and have to be fixed by others.

Marta25

Medalist
I loved Grishuk/Platov's version. I remember it even now vaguely. :eek: Not my favorite style. Folk dances are pretty hard to do interesting and creative. We'll see, I guess.

It`s definitely going to be something completely different compared to their Umbrellas of Cherbourg FD. They are still so young and should try out different styles.

Snow63

Record Breaker
It`s definitely going to be something completely different compared to their Umbrellas of Cherbourg FD. They are still so young and should try out different styles.

Yes, completely different, and it's great. I'm all for versatility, but as long as it does not go to extremes.

Mohacz

Medalist
Country
Poland
Mozgov with his new partner is also out of the list. Is it because they are a completely new couple without any history or because the Federation doesn't believe in them?
Does it also mean they will not be able to compete at any event this season or being included on the list has only to do with financial issues?

Snow63

Record Breaker
Mozgov with his new partner is also out of the list. Is it because they are a completely new couple without any history or because the Federation doesn't believe in them?
Does it also mean they will not be able to compete at any event this season or being included on the list has only to do with financial issues?

That's an interesting question. As far as I know, the Fed didn't approve the new partnership yet. At least officially. But I'm sure they will be able to compete, Kustarova will do her job.
And the question of funding is also very interesting. Last Mozgov's partnership was heavyly funded by Yanovskaya's parents, and partly by the FFKR. Now I guess they need to find another sponsor. But then again, if they will be #1 team in Kustarova's group I'm sure they will find the money.

Marta25

Medalist
That's an interesting question. As far as I know, the Fed didn't approve the new partnership yet. At least officially. But I'm sure they will be able to compete, Kustarova will do her job.
And the question of funding is also very interesting. Last Mozgov's partnership was heavyly funded by Yanovskaya's parents, and partly by the FFKR. Now I guess they need to find another sponsor. But then again, if they will be #1 team in Kustarova's group I'm sure they will find the money.

Elena and Ruslan are switching to Igor, so this makes Popova/Mozgov to Kustarova's #1.

Mohacz

Medalist
Country
Poland
The question I'll ask has nothing to do with the state of Russian ice dance, but since we are discussing the list published by the Russian Federation, I would like to ask if someone knows what is happening with Vera Bazarova's ex partner, Y. Larionov. I vaguely remember that after switching partners he had to sit one season (am I right?) and I don't know if the pair continues skating or has already quit.

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
The question I'll ask has nothing to do with the state of Russian ice dance, but since we are discussing the list published by the Russian Federation, I would like to ask if someone knows what is happening with Vera Bazarova's ex partner, Y. Larionov. I vaguely remember that after switching partners he had to sit one season (am I right?) and I don't know if the pair continues skating or has already quit.

He skated with Natalia Zabijako for one season but then she partnered up with Alexander Enbert for this season. I don't know what Yuri is currently doing.

Snow63

Record Breaker

I remember last season during one of the interviews Moser said that Yuri didn't give up on skating and looking for a new partner. That's all I know.

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Plushenko?? Are you kidding me?
And why isn't Serafima Sakhanovich on the list?

Yeah it's ridiculous. Plushenko has more WD's next to his name then actual competitions in the last 4 years. How does a skater who hasn't even competed in over two years even stay on the National team? :no:

bramweld

Record Breaker
Yeah it's ridiculous. Plushenko has more WD's next to his name then actual competitions in the last 4 years. How does a skater who hasn't even competed in over two years even stay on the National team? :no:

The Fed owes him. They'll be paying all his bills for life.