Where is Naomi Nari Nam? | Golden Skate

Where is Naomi Nari Nam?

Arianne

On the Ice
Hi everyone! NNN burst on the scene a few years ago at nationals, but where is she now? I know she has been plagued with injury for quite some time. Does anyone know if she plans a comeback? She was so much fun to watch!

Arianne

Ice_Eagle

Spectator
Naomi Nari Nam competed this year at regionals and Sectionals. She didn't make it out of Sectionals though. :(

Fossi

Final Flight
I'll never forget when she first burst on the scene at Nationals. She did so great with her fast spins, and that nasty fall on her head, but she took the lickin' and kept on tickin'. :eek: So much potential for such a little tiger.
I miss her!

Longhornliz

Final Flight
I miss her too!!! I keep thinking she will make a comeback, but hip injuries can be very difficult to overcome. But I still channel her energy through my avatar :)

PS... Welcome to Golden Skate!!!

gumms

Spectator
Last I heard she was training for the '04-'05 season, and we should expect to see her at Regionals and maybe Sectionals this upcoming season. :)

Welcome to Golden Skate, Arianne, Gumms and Ice Eagle, and thanks for the thread! I hope NNN has a successful comeback. Even if she does not achieve national prominence again, she was such a crowd-pleaser and so popular that I think she could have a future as a professional show skater. Her "Itty Bitty Pretty One" wins the all-time cute trophy, as far as I'm concerned.

Naomi had a sister who skated, also named Naomi. Naomi Nami Nam. Does anyone know whether she is still in the sport?

Mathman :)

I, too, would love to see NNN make some kind of come back. I agree with Mathman, she'd make a great addition to pro skating.

And I'd like to also welcome Arianne, Ice Eagles and Gumms to the forums!

Sk84bananas

Spectator
Naomi has matured very well. I think she will do very well if she doesn't get injured and will keep skating. She has always had a lot of talent and I wish her the best of luck!

pipsqueak

Rinkside
Long comeback

We might see Naomi at Regionals or Sectionals, but I don't know if Nationals is a "do" yet. It's a long comeback for her. She has had to handle both the recovery from the hip surgery, and maturing into a young woman's body at the same time. Last season she was just on the edge of being "there". Yet, I think this year's training is even harder due to the maturation.