Kostner to attend Mishin's camp | Page 6 | Golden Skate

Kostner to attend Mishin's camp

lauravvv

Medalist
Country
Latvia
I know my wording is not grammatically clear, but you can never truly feel my concerns when posting. I am a very honest person, but it is really hard to speak my mind here in most cases.
As I said I understand you, but you are not the only one who has or could have similar concerns. We are all posting on the same forum, and your situation is no different from many other poster's situation. I too have had difficulties with expressing myself in direct and forward way on this and the FSUniverse forum, but I have understood that there is no reason to be vague, because if you are vague people can interpret what you are saying in different ways. And, believe me, they will interpret it in any way that suits them. If you are direct, then at least there is less possibility for misunderstandings and incorrect interpretations. Plus, unless you want to make virtual friends with people on these forums and/or be liked or loved by everyone, you have no reason to fear anything. If you are direct in your way of expressing yourself you will very likely get some harsh responses, but no one here can truly harm you like in real life.

By the way, this was not a lecture, but an advice. I don't always exactly follow it myself, but I at least try.

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
Carolina Kostner plans to continue his collaboration with Alexey Mishin at Courchevel.

Alexey Mishin: 'Originally Kostner didn't want to go with us to Courchevel, but after our return from Tartu she said to me: 'You completely twisted my brains'. And she wanted to extend our work together. She planned other camps at Rome, Toronto and Obersdorf, but then she said to me that now she's trying to organize her trip to Courchevel.

As I said before, there is progress, but also there is difficulties. At our training camp in Tartu, she was my best and most diligent student. She is the one who executed all my exercises and other activities the best.

Source: http://rsport.ru/figure_skating/20160602/928445312.html

Last edited:

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
Carolina Kostner plans to continue his collaboration with Alexey Mishin at Courchevel.

Alexey Mishin: 'Originally Kostner didn't want to go with us to Courchevel, but after our return from Tartu she said to me: 'You completely twisted my brains'. And she wanted to extend our work together. She planned other camps at Rome, Toronto and Obersdorf, but then she said to me that now she's trying to organize her trip to Courchevel.

As I said before, there is progress, but also there is difficulties. At our training camp in Tartu, she was my best and most diligent student. She is the one who executed all my exercises and other activities the best.

Source: http://rsport.ru/figure_skating/20160602/928445312.html

Wow, I so much hope that it goes well for Carolina next season. Obviously she is going for it. And haha, sounds that Mishin wishes he was her number one coach ;)

boskil

Match Penalty

Alexey Mishin:
Oh, professor is the sweetest. Don't you think, Liza? :biggrin::p

Tutto

Record Breaker
As I said before, there is progress, but also there is difficulties. At our training camp in Tartu, she was my best and most diligent student. She is the one who executed all my exercises and other activities the best.[/I]

Source: http://rsport.ru/figure_skating/20160602/928445312.html[/QUOTE

My admiration for Caro has grown yet again - with her accomplishments & that stage of her career to show such humility & work so hard - it is just WOW She is just so special.

Last edited:

solani

Record Breaker
Country
Austria
Because I had to watch her Sochi FS again (and I haven't listened to the italian commentary before, it's really sweet how they're rooting for her) - that's how a 3Lz and 3F should look like (SP jumps). No wonder she might has a few problems with her jumps, because achieving this level of quality cannot be easy. And we shouldn't forget that she had to prepare for the Sochi Olympics without Mishin, who obviously also knows how to work with older students. I really wouldn't count her out.

Last edited:

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
Because I had to watch her Sochi FS again (and I haven't listened to the italian commentary before, it's really sweet how they're rooting for her) - that's how a 3Lz and 3F should look like (SP jumps). No wonder she might has a few problems with her jumps, because achieving this level of quality cannot be easy. And we shouldn't forget that she had to prepare for the Sochi Olympics without Mishin, who obviously also knows how to work with older students. I really wouldn't count her out.

Me neither :thumbsup:

Tutto

Record Breaker
Further reports by Mishin from the camp in France on the progress of his most diligent student as he keeps saying - leading to a suspicion that the rest of the group are lazy and need a kick in the butt :laugh::

http://rsport.ru/figure_skating/20160621/954028487.html

He also says that Caro got back all the triples and that when she starts skating a program you understand that there are skaters in the world who are good but Caro is unique. Also that she is most grateful of his students.

Last edited:

LRK

Record Breaker
Further reports by Mishin from the camp in France on the progress his most diligent student as he keeps saying - leading to a suspicion that the rest of the group are lazy and need a kick in the butt :laugh::

He also says that Caro got back all the triples and that when she starts skating a program you understand that there are skaters in the world who are good but Caro is unique. Also that she is most grateful of his students.

Well, that wouldn't be much praise then, would it? Being told that you are the best of a bad lot isn't all that flattering.;)

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
Further reports by Mishin from the camp in France on the progress of his most diligent student as he keeps saying - leading to a suspicion that the rest of the group are lazy and need a kick in the butt :laugh::[/B][/B]

Love, love his admiration for Carolina. And kudos to her for getting her triples back :thumbsup:

Well, that wouldn't be much praise then, would it? Being told that you are the best of a bad lot isn't all that flattering.;)

LOL, I think it’s good praise because his expectations are very high and the others are'nt bad but not as much dedicated as Carolina :biggrin:

Tutto

Record Breaker
Carolina had to leave the camp earlier due to bereavement in the family - her grandmother died. Very sorry to hear this.

But she is planning to join Mishin's group once again in September.

I believe that the man is falling in love with her - could be dangerous :)
Listen to this: 'At the camp in Courchevel Carolina has stunned me - such a feeling of pause, position [posture], such confidence in her own irresistible beauty'

http://www.sports.ru/others/figure-skating/1041788922.html

Last edited:

LRK

Record Breaker
Carolina had to leave the camp earlier due to bereavement in the family - her grandmother died. Very sorry to hear this.

But she is planning to join Mishin's group once again in September.

I believe that the man is falling in love with her - could be dangerous :)
Listen to this: 'At the camp in Courchevel Carolina has stunned me - such a feeling of pause, position [posture], such confidence in her own irresistible beauty'

http://www.sports.ru/others/figure-skating/1041788922.html

Why, that is quite... poetic.:) (I think you may well be right... ;):))

Tutto

Record Breaker
Why, that is quite... poetic.:) (I think you may well be right... ;):))

To think about it the feeling might be mutual - Carolina seems to follow him all around Europe these last few months :)

Last edited: