Game, Set, Match: The ATP/WTA thread | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Game, Set, Match: The ATP/WTA thread

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
I was going out after two sets, dissapointed that Roger was losing and came back to see he won the match! That is champion mentality! :hap57: Really hope he will win this Wimbledon! :hap10:

s_parks

Record Breaker
Comparing match stats: federer with 24 UEs to murray's 23. Fed had 27 aces and 67 winners and murray 14 aces and 46 winners. Murray also played longer, just short of 4 hours. That's going to be tough going against berdych who played almost exactly 2 hours less against pouille. OTOH, berdych hasn't been tested against higher seeds and tends to falter against the top 3. Raonic looks good, but federer is good with big servers and raonic doesn't have a remarkable record against him. Of course, there's the obvious age factor, plus fed's only recently gotten back in form from minor health problems.

deedee1

Record Breaker
I do have a soft spot for a Tomas of the Czech. ;) Good luck to Tomas in the semifnal against Andy! :hap10:

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
Well, since Roger lost I can freely root for Murray. I hope he'll win! He showed the most impressive game in his match against Berdych so far.

solani

Record Breaker
Country
Austria
Bye the way, Thiem had a frontal sinusitis right after Wimbledon. Spent 8 days in bed. He played singles and doubles at the ATP tournament in Kitzbühel, but doesn't seem to be 100% fit yet. I had a frontal sinusitis once and it was the worst affection I ever suffered from.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Bye the way, Thiem had a frontal sinusitis right after Wimbledon. Spent 8 days in bed. He played singles and doubles at the ATP tournament in Kitzbühel, but doesn't seem to be 100% fit yet. I had a frontal sinusitis once and it was the worst affection I ever suffered from.

I guess you meant infection ;) Hope he will be okay for Olympics, if he's going.

solani

Record Breaker
Country
Austria
I guess you meant infection ;) Hope he will be okay for Olympics, if he's going.
No, frontal sinusitis. It's "Stirn- und Nebenhöhlenentzündung" in German, I used a translator. He's not going to the Olympics, he never planned to go as far as I know.

oleada

Record Breaker
Victoria Azarenka is pregnant and will be out for a while. I hope she can make a Kim Clijsters like comeback! She's good for the tour.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
No, frontal sinusitis. It's "Stirn- und Nebenhöhlenentzündung" in German, I used a translator. He's not going to the Olympics, he never planned to go as far as I know.
I was thinking you made mistake usng word "affection". And that you actually meant "infection". As far as I know, you can have sinusitis from infection. I had it a few times myself.

solani

Record Breaker
Country
Austria
I was thinking you made mistake usng word "affection". And that you actually meant "infection". As far as I know, you can have sinusitis from infection. I had it a few times myself.
Oh, :) I meant affliction.

solani

Record Breaker
Country
Austria
Now that makes a lot more sense ;) Too bad Dominic never planned to go to Olympics. Although he still have time if will ever want Olympic medal.
Yes, I'm sure he'll have a go in 2020 or maybe even 2024. I think he said that the ATP ranking was the most important thing for him this season and that the Olympics just didn't fit into his plan. Quite fortunate now, because I'm sure he needs some additional rest.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
it makes sense... the summer season is grueling and the hardcourts so hard on the knees... and he's never taken much of a break... so time for him to see if he can heal fully and come back stronger. I'd rather have a couple more seasons of Roger healthy, than see him burn himself down for O games....

on a side note... i watched rogers cup today and wow.... canadians did so well... of course, it probably won't last much longer but yeah... it must be a record to have so many to through the second round...
Roger is going to miss the Olympics and the remainder of this season due to his knee injury. Sad, but he also wrote that he wants to keep playing on the tour for another couple of seasons and that's very nice.
https://www.facebook.com/Federer/posts/10154337738059941

deedee1

Record Breaker
Good luck to Kei in the final in Toronto! :hap10::hap10: It's about time to beat The King Nole. :cool:

deedee1

Record Breaker
Double faults and a couple of unforced errors did cost Kei dearly... Ok, Novak beat him 5 times in a row this season, including 2 finals at the Masters 1000. It seems almost impossible for anyone to beat Novak on his good days. It probably happens only when someone plays 100+% of his ability AND Novak on his average day or have minor injury right now.

Kei did break back in the second set was something worthy to mention, though. :yes: Great news is he could advance to 3 finals of the Masters while dealing with his left side injury, too. One step at a time.

Onto Rio Olympic Games. Good luck to everyone! :cheer: