Thread: Kerry names Edwards vp candidate

Hybrid View

Champion Skater (Vicariously)

Kerry names Edwards vp candidate

There hadnt been any dialouge about edwards being named vp candidate... I was wondering how yall felt about it. My mind hasnt been made up yet as to who my vote will go to come november, so I've been paying a lot of attention to both campaigns.

I was watching BBC world news today and they showed a sound bite from a rally in Cleveland where Kerry listed amoung the traits that made their ticket a "dream ticket" the great hair... I got a kick out of that. The foriegn press seems to be paying a lot of attention to the alleged "sex appeal" of the democratic ticket... I thought that was interesting

~ Evgeni's Sex Bomb ~
    I think this is a great ticket. Edwards has a lot of charisma, which will help Kerry, and I also like Edwards' politics. He's also been on the Foreign Relations Committee in the Senate, so that's fab, too. Kerry/Edwards should get a lot of respect from foreign leaders, I would think. I know a lot of Americans don't give a rat's *ss what "furners" think of us, but I think it's critical that America's leaders are regarded positively overseas.

Laura

I think it's a great match-up.......I was voting for Kerry anyway, now with Edwards on board.............42

Rogue Leader
    My reaction was, Yay! and I'm not even American. I like Edwards, and he definitely adds much needed charisma. I read somewhere that the last two sitting(?) senators to run together were Kennedy-Johnson. I'm hoping history will repeat itself and Kerry wins.

One can never have too much sex appeal in the White House :D :D :D Just a thought are there no sexy Republican politicians.?

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Are there any sexy Republican politicians? Obviously Bush, Cheney and Ashcroft certainly don't qualify, but there are certainly people who find Arnold Schwarzenegger sexy.

Jack Ryan certainly thought he was sexy. His ex wife though otherwise.

A case could be made for Rudi Giuliani, but he has got to stop dressing up in drag at parties.

I certainly think Edwards is a better choice than Vilsack, Graham or Gephardt. I was voting for Kerry anyway, but his choosing Edwards does not cause me to reconsider that.

Custom Title
    They've got my vote!