49+ Dead in Florida Gay Club Shooting | Golden Skate

49+ Dead in Florida Gay Club Shooting

FSGMT

Record Breaker
This is really disquieting: when I heard it on the news today, I frankly couldn't believe it... Such a thing happening in an era of so-called tolerance and integration really shows us how man can always be an animal :dumb:

solani

Record Breaker
Country
Austria
Didn't some crazy guy shoot a singer two days ago in the U.S.?
Very sad.

TheGrandSophy

Record Breaker
I thought I read that there were about 100 patrons, so allowing for staff, that means that a large percentage of those there were either killed or injured. This is heartbreaking.

ETA: That was incorrect. Another report says around 320 people in there which makes more sense for a nightclub. Still a horribly big percentage killed or injured. Devastating.

Last edited:

TheGrandSophy

Record Breaker
It is being reported that the gunman's father has said that his son had recently been very angry when he saw two men kissing nearby where he was with his wife and son. Senseless hate leads to senseless violence yet again, it looks like.

X

Last edited:

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
There is one thing the &$#@ gunman did not count on, and which is the ONLY positive thing to happen: the response of the US and so much of the rest of the world. It's not universal--I play in an on-line alliance and someone from Albania essentially said, what are you upset about? They're only _________. And the entire alliance voted to boot him out. Every last one of us. And though we still have so so so far to go, look at how far so many of us have come.

Rest with angels. And do not forget them.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
It's a terrible story. I hope it would lead to change of gun law in US.
Rest in peace.

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
This is so awful. And here some people say that we outgrew 'stone age' long time ago.:no:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Oh, look. Another mass shooting in the US. How unusual.

WHEN WILL THEY LEARN?! When will some politician grow some balls?! When will the country as a collective finally stand up and shout NO! at the NRA?! HOW MANY MORE PEOPLE HAVE TO DIE, AMERICA? HOW MANY MORE?!

There is no sane world in which a civilian NEEDS an AR-15!

And your STUPID, MORONIC, IDIOTIC GUN LAWS ALLOWED THIS TO HAPPEN! They allowed a homophobic ***** to LEGALLY purchase an assault rifle and go commit this horrible atrocity!

No doubt the politicians are all weeping their crocodile tears, and saying their prayers, but none of them will actually DO anything about it!

*weeping flailing rage*

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
What were you expecting - it was just a question of time. And ISIS has nothing to do with it. There are polar cultures which are present in the planet right now. And they do not coexist - they are separately present. It was a political flick to bash Russia for bigotry, etc. before Sochi. Russia is like an innocent lamb here. There is the whole Muslim world, part of which, namely Saudi Arabia is doomed to be the USA's friend (despite Saudis were behind 911) because they keep American debt. Saudis stone to death women who sit in the same taxi with men. In Iran they also stone women - a famous movie The Stoning of Soraya M. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1277737/?ref_=nv_sr_1 is based on a true story. What would you expect if people from that culture move to the West in search of better life? That they would soak immediately western values that were gradually built over decades?

Of course, it's a big tragedy and the guy was a psycho. But I think Trump has a point saying that blind tolerance and openness to various cultures can lead you to occasional disasters.

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
Didn't some crazy guy shoot a singer two days ago in the U.S.?
Very sad.

Yes, in the same city that the massacre just happened even. Her name was Christina Grimmie, she got her start by posting Youtube videos of herself singing and later competed on a popular singing talent show called The Voice. She was doing a meet-n-greet after a concert when she was killed. Apparently she went to hug the next fan in line when he pulled out a gun and shot her. Her brother was standing next to her at the time and tackled to guy as soon as it happened but it was too late :(. The killer- a deranged stalker- shot himself when it was clear he couldn't get away. Christina was 22.

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
This video had me sobbing, but tears are not enough. The US needs to listen to her plea. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-36520213

I was a complete wreck watching this poor mother's interview yesterday. I'm getting tears in my eyes now just thinking about it. I see now her son has been confirmed as one of the deceased victims. She is so right, we are only on this planet for such a short period of time, why is it so hard to get along? :sad21:

It just makes me sick to my stomach to think of the nonsensical hatred that existed in the mind of this malicious, disgusting murderer towards the LBGTQ community, a community made up of some of the most accepting, compassionate people - they are essentially the representation of respect, love, inclusiveness, and not being afraid to be who you are. Such a twisted world we live in, where a group of people who represent such fundamental human values can be looked down upon just for being themselves.

:( :( :(

Tavi...

Record Breaker
What were you expecting - it was just a question of time. And ISIS has nothing to do with it. There are polar cultures which are present in the planet right now. And they do not coexist - they are separately present. It was a political flick to bash Russia for bigotry, etc. before Sochi. Russia is like an innocent lamb here. There is the whole Muslim world, part of which, namely Saudi Arabia is doomed to be the USA's friend (despite Saudis were behind 911) because they keep American debt. Saudis stone to death women who sit in the same taxi with men. In Iran they also stone women - a famous movie The Stoning of Soraya M. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1277737/?ref_=nv_sr_1 is based on a true story. What would you expect if people from that culture move to the West in search of better life? That they would soak immediately western values that were gradually built over decades?

Of course, it's a big tragedy and the guy was a psycho. But I think Trump has a point saying that blind tolerance and openness to various cultures can lead you to occasional disasters.

Trump? Has a point? No. No, he does not. I'm sorry, but as real a threat as terrorism is worldwide, it's not the root of the problem here. The US does not practice "blind tolerance." And murders in the US, by and large, are not the work of immigrants. The real problem is that our politicians are beholden to the NRA, an unelected gun lobby, and that the US Supreme Court in its wisdom has handed all of us over to a place where guns rule. We live in a country where even the slaughter of friends socializing at a club or a concert, or attending class at university, or relaxing at the movies with friends and family, apparently doesn't matter much to our law makers: even the mass murder of dozens of tiny little school kids by a crazy guy whose mommy bought him guns legally wasn't enough to get Congress to act. Study after study shows that when access to guns is limited, gun deaths are reduced. But here in America, our politicians just spout platitudes after each bloody event, and nothing ever changes.

https://twitter.com/voxdotcom/status/742450220705816576

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/06/14/u...prod=nytcore-iphone&smid=nytcore-iphone-share

Last edited:

boskil

Match Penalty

Trump is the only option to save this country from lunatic liberal, multi-culti, open-door, politically correct madness.
Plus, that ISLAMIC EXTREMIST MUSLIM would have gotten the gun in any case: forbidden or not.